The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The First Generation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The First Generation Empty
PostSubject: The First Generation   The First Generation EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 11:58 pm

His opponents blade narrowly missed him as he side stepped and prepared to return the favor. Phury couldnt remember much from before three years ago. He knew he was once human, but nothing of those years. All he had ever truly known, was the Knights. He had sat through the training, and classes about how their clan was viewed by some as a bastardization, but they were wrong. The old ways dont work in the this new society. But they were taught, on the outside of the city walls, they were apart of that clan. Assamites. It was of no concern from Phury, for he was fairly competent in his skills of subterfuge and etiquette. As he and his sparring partner continued their dance, each narrowly missing, he began to grow bored. He knew there was no more to gain here in this training hall, but he had to wait. Wait until he was called to Duty. Thus it was a Squires job to train, until that day.

His opponent finally called out in frustration "Will you quit blurring already! Its cheating!"

"Cheating you say" Phury actually stopped moving and held up his hand "Peace for a moment." He waited for his opponent to still and sigh before continuing "Do you truly think your opponents in the real world wont be doing everything in their power to over power you? You should be prepared to face odds that arent in your favor. To face an opponent that might move faster than you. Now quit your whining, your starting to get boring" Before they could continue however Phury heard a very distinct voice from the other side of the hall "That one". Phury stilled and slowly turned, as did all the others, to see who had just been chosen. Phury was almost shocked to see the Knight King, the Reverend, Black Hands Rhevenge, pointing directly at him. Stunned he stood frozen, as Rhevs voice echoed out "Young Squire. You have been called to Duty. Report" He certainly moved with Alacrity covering the distance in very short time, fist over his heart "My Lord, How may I serve" Rhev looked him up and down and turned heading for the door "This way Young Phury" Phury couldnt believe it. His time had finally come.

Nephalyss likes this post

Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The First Generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Generation   The First Generation EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 2:41 am

It wasn't long before Rhev led the young Knight into his office. Two other Kindred sat waiting. The male sat smoking a cigarette, aviators covering his eyes, tactical gear underneath his weathered duster. The woman in a business suit even tho she seemed like she'd rather crawl out of the fabric and bare her body to the world, only because it was better than clothes. Her eyes were feral and animalistic. Phury stopped in the middle of the room and looked at the floor until Rhev called for him to sit, which he promptly did next to the other male, who leaned forward the moment Phury was settled "This is the one your sending? Seems a little green behind the ears if you ask me" he sniffed the air around Phury as the woman spoke up "Everyone seems like a Green Horn to you Rhage" her voice was challenging and teasing. The man lowered his glasses allowing Phury to see the eyes of a wise tortoise glaring at her, causing her to fall silent, but grin ear to ear at him. Rhevs voice wasn't loud, buy took command of the room "Yes, Rhage, this is the Squire that I mentioned. Although your assessment is noted, it will not be taken into advisement, as you do not have a hand in the training and lessons of my Knights." Phury couldn't help himself "I will either meet my death carrying out my duty" he turned to face Rhage fully for a moment "Or I'll succeed and return for my next task" he turned himself back and gave Rhev his attention, actually looking at him now "Knight-Commander, what Duty am I called for?" Rhev smirked, not many had the balls to challenge Rhage that way. He grabbed a file from his drawer and began to speak as he held it out "The Clan of The Mountain have let slip some information that I would like you to look into. It would seem" Phury took the file and opened it. The name read A. BENTON. High value target, but for an outside benefactor. The clan was approached for her retrieval. A ghoul poached and stolen from some 'Upstanding' Camarilla Citizens. That was all the file gave on the situation. Last seen with a woman with pale hair, but no other description. Finished reading Phury closes the envelope and sets it back onto the desk and stands "Are there further instructions, milord?" "Yes" Rhevs voice was cool and level "You are not going with the mentality of apprehension. You are to make contact with this individual and any she may be in contact with. Discern the situation. If needs be return to Chicago with her in tow. I have reason to believe this particular individual is going to cause quite a stir if the situation is left unchecked. Rhage here will be accompanying you as well. However you are defacto when it comes to decisions. He is not going to work for you, he is going as a favor to me. Do not rely on him. Is that understoood" Phury nodded "Good. There is a jet waiting to depart at O'Hare. You have 45 mins to be there and on it before it leaves, I suggest you hurry." Rhev picked the file back up and let it come to rest back in its original drawer and set to looking through paperwork. Rhage stood and waited for Phury to bow slightly to Rhev and spin. Once the two of them were gone Xhex who was still staring at the door spoke her voice full of angst and pout "You do know who's territory that is correct? Sure you shouldn't send word ahead?" Rhev smirked "And if I did he'd get the jump on it and we wouldnt be able to get eyes on the situation. At least this way I get to kill about 30 birds with one small stone. What's the worst that happens? He doesn't come back? The world will continue to spin" he almost sounded like a sociopath, which caused her to turn and look at him, studying him "That almost sounds like the old you" She coiled to her feet and stretched "Suppose I should go get ready" she began to leave as he spoke once more "I meant it Xhex. No fuck ups. Not this time. You won't like the repercussions" She turned smiling at him, but the smile disappeared as she saw the look in his eyes. That pained malice. That said he didn't want to have to do what was on his mind. She curtseied and turned her nose up at him "So seriously all the time. Chill. I got this" and she disappeared out the door leaving Rhev alone. He sat back and rubbed his temple. Some days he thought about why he choose this. He opened his eyes back up and set back into the paperwork in front of him. It was a hard life, being King.

An hour later the personal Nest jet lifted its wheels from the earth as it took to the skies. Phury sat cross legged on the floor, his small arsenal in front of him. Rhage sat with his hat over his eyes in a seat a few rows back from him. They were silent to one another, neither wishing for conversation, and neither aware of the raven keeping pace with them just outside the window.
Back to top Go down

The First Generation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: Chicago: A Dance with Death and all of His Friends :: The Serpent's Dance-
Jump to: