The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Reuniting

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The Reuniting  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 3:16 pm

"It certainly did. Mayhaps we should give chase?" He didn't wait for an answer simply began to move, buy stopped short as a silver helm plummeted past them, followed quickly by the same furred form, only now it was snarling and chomping at what it was contending with. Malfius watched the mass fall back towards the earth and fell into a dive, his Saber racing next to him ready for its next challenge.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 3:44 pm

It was merely a soft, dry chuckle that she gave in answer as she pursued him easily enough, the wings she'd never had seeming to work all too well. As if they were a mind of their own, or at the very least following what she thought they should do. Here's to hoping she didn't flub this flying thing at the worst time. Such thoughts were shoved to the backseat as she too stopped when that figure then a second rocketed passed them.

"Okay so maybe we stay out of the way and observe ? Remain close enough that should we be needed, we're ready ?"
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 3:59 pm

He merely nodded, and banked rocketing ahead of the mass of rage and hate, and hit Mach 1 getting to the ground to assure it was clear of bystanders, any in the way would be swept away quickly. He didn't have long before the impact of that large body drew his attention again. As the dust settled what he saw was a surprise even for him. The wolf that squared off with the Goddess was unlike any he'd seen before. With its own Divinity. It's words were broken and clipped, but intelligent "Now I right a wrong you made, Olympian. Bow you stand against the might of Fenrir!" The look of shock on Athenas face spoke volumes. She finally understood what was happening.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 4:07 pm

The woman that stood beside you, your Queen to Be, was still cautious, even at the display of such uniqueness. The name that the Beast claimed himself by was one that many a myth and story had used though this one ? She frowned slightly as there was nary but one that came to mind and even that she only knew barest snippets of. And still there was caution. Subconsciously moving so that she stood between you Malfius and the display of pissed off furry and slowly wising Goddess, you could feel that tension riding her body as her wings settled around her. Right now it did in fact seem to be a waiting game, the two divinities holding center stage.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2022 7:43 pm

It did not take long before the rest of the party showed themselves. Rhev, Lightning and co., Ashe, Krysto, Padraic, even Wolfe pulling Gia with him arrived. Athena looked to her assailant, then passed him, to her true Quarry. The Spartan she had long sought. When she spoke everything and everyone around her seemed to grow silent "It would seem, Spartan, that you've made some friends. Would you like them to continue breathing" she glanced at Rhev "Or in some cases stopped existing?" Krysto began to step forward when the Beast in front of him spoke the very words in his own head "Your threats means nothing, Olympian. Why don't you run back to you spire and cry to Daddy that you didn't get what you wanted. I fear he's far more of a challenge than you will ever be" these words brought both Krysto's and Athenas attention back to Fenrir "Oh, did I touch a nerve? Good." His smile was one of sinister destruction as she glared at him "I'll give you the credit you are due. Even against overwhelming odds you stand tall. It will be your demise. Do you what happens when a God bleeds?" He stroked his cheek mockingly causing Athena to bring her hand up to her own cheek. The glistening crimson that covered her finger tips confused her and her glare turned to a look of Horror "People stop believing in their Divinity" it seemed his words inspired those standing around him who took up their arms, and readied themselves for a bout.

She simply watched. From above. She made no move to make herself known, but she to had been drawn here, to this place, to this moment. It was when Ashe appeared below her that her heart stopped. And there she stood, next to their Wolf. But he was wrong. He was split in twain. But he would right himself. Her concern however was the throat she stood upon. Hera struggled and pushed, calling out threats, and other profanities. Freya simply looked down on her and smiled "You took from me something far more precious than gold, jewels or wealth, and for this you shall pay. With the only thing equivalent. The life of a Daughter"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2022 3:58 pm

And then Ashe did something that would perhaps seem foolhardy, yet in her mind it held valid reason, even if said reason or reasons weren't ones that would be obvious to most, if any of those gathered. One of thew largest ones being that much like the Serephyna she had never met, she had reason to not trust any situation involving the Greek Pantheon. It would also explain the words that had briefly been murmured against Krysto's cheek.

"Athe...Goddess. I cannot give you your Spartan back, but I can give you the reason that he tarries from you."

Keeping her voice calm. Soothing. Purely respectful, not an ounce of anything that could be considered false, she inched her way closer to the Deity that she had once served with all of the faithfulness her heart possessed. What she said next was a beautifully smithed blend of both whole hearted truth and silver tongued lie.

"You could force him back with you, through more dieing here today on both sides, or you could have someone who would come and serve you willingly. Someone who you wouldn't have to retrain, who knows how to do things just the way you like them, remember ?"

It made a part of her sick even thinking of it, but if it kept there from being any losses ? Kept Athena from lashing out in a way that none of them could see coming in a fit of spite ? It would be worth it. She just had to make sure she didn't look at Krysto once.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2022 3:41 pm

Curiosity from all at her actions. Everyone stood on edge still as Athena glared at the woman before her, her face twisting into a sinister grin "My orders for you are vastly different" the tip of her spear stopped but an inch from her nose being held at bay by not one, but four defenders. Rhev, Malfius, Fenrir, and Lightning all within the flash of a blink of an eye separated Goddess and Scion. In the same time Padraic stood to one side of Athena, and Krysto the other, both with weapons poised to strike.

Freya watched the situation unfold, keeping the still struggling Queen Goddess underfoot. But the young woman's reaction caught her off guard. So much so that she relaxed her foot, just enough that Hera ripped herself free sending them both tumbling, and seized her opportunity blinking to behind Athena and whisking them away to safety. Ashe would glimpse the glare. The all to familiar glare of hatred and disdain. In that brief moment, time would seem to stop, as they stared at one another, so close, yet so far, before Hera and Athena are gone, their minions seeming to vanish without their presence.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2022 12:22 pm

Whynter stood still through all of it, not because she didn't want to help the situation but because she realized that she was quite out gunned. Also, while she was shocked, and realized she didn't know the entire story, it felt like there was something missing. This Ashe woman didn't seem stupid, so the offering herself up... The way she'd worded it.. More information was needed. It didn't hurt that there was a handful of rather impressive, exceptionally strong men that were all suddenly in the Goddess's grill with a clear intent to protect the woman that they thought was probably insane. She'd be talking to her people about that when given a chance. Maybe she'd even talk to Ashe herself and see what was up. Information was far too valuable not to.

It was rare for Kai'Avelle, Childer of The Demon of Chicago not to physically react in a situation like this. She had intended to, even with all of the males being so aggressively, scarousingly up in the forefront, but a hand on her shoulder stopped that. The fact that she hadn't heard the person even with everything going on was impressive. Turning enough to shoot a glance behind her, she would see the woman calling herself Eve standing there. The murmur was quiet. Soft. Intimate. Between ONLY the two of them.

"This has to play out. Watch but don't prevent. Please."

As soon as she was sure the words had been received, she slipped back to Wolfe's side and casually tucked in close enough to his side that there was a distinct contact between the two of them. Not a clutching of his hand that could possibly prevent a necessary action, but it was contact none the less. Tipping her head ever so slightly while the scene was unfolding before them,

"Dinner after this ? You and I ? I'd like to see what food here is like."

It was such a casual request in the intensity of the moment, and yet there was very realness to it. There was also a surprising level of calm given the current situation. Though you would be able to tell it was not her ignoring what was going on at all.  

Then there was Ashe herself. After she'd uttered those words, she stood stock still, head held high. Not with arrogance but with determination. She never looked back, nor to either side, just straight on at the Goddess that had both blessed and cursed her. Even when that spear came so close to her face, she never blinked, never looked away. That was when Hera got added to the mix. She took the force of the glare. Of the hatred and disdain without even a blink. The moment they were gone, Ashe simply commented to those gathered,

"We know more now than we did before. Hera's also involved in this. Any thoughts other than we could now have the entire Greek pantheon swinging on our heads?"
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 2:21 pm

Krysto was the first to ease, causing the rest of the Testosterone sufferers to ease as well. He was also the first to speak "I suppose we should be thankful, if Zeus were involved he would have shown himself long before Hera. Ares and Kratos as well. But it is a safe assumption that they will now get involved" Of all of them it was Wolfe who spoke up "And how exactly does one fortify a city against a siege of divine magnitude?" Krysto chuckled "Very carefully"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 3:47 pm

"He might not have gotten involved before, but now that one of his favored daughters is displeased ? It's most likely a surety. It's just a matter of when. Though why Hera is involved ? That I don't understand."

Ashe mused it quietly but with the way all of them gathered, it was enough to carry to them all. She also seemed more than fine with not discussing the fact that she'd just tried offering herself up like a lamb to slaughter.

Whynter gave a slight, but intrigued shrug before speaking up.

"Maybe find someone who has before and ask them how they did it. That way you learn from both the pros and the cons of what they did. Or talk to someone who hasn't pissed off their personal deity and hope that their personal Deity isn't a dick ?"

Kai nodded thoughtfully at the suggestions though a brow did furrow at the latter of the two.

"You ask most deities a question like that and they're going to think that you're trying to use the information to plot against them. Or so I would think. I can't personally say I've had a lot of experience with Deities. In that sense at least."

It was Serephyna who spoke up then, an unknown party entirely. The only person out of those gathered who stood a valid reason of possibly recognizing her was Gia who didn't raise voice to say anything.

"You have more than one Pantheon represented here. I would say that should perhaps be as big of a concern as anything else. One Pantheon warring is bad enough but if they go to war with each other ? Your city will be a smear on the map. No disrespect intended. The fact that there is at least one Deity working with the Council ? You might want to look into that too. Their reach and resources are impressive even without deity granted assistance."

At the mention of the Council, Gia's head did turn, eyes slowly running over the stranger. Head tilting in question,

"And who are you that you know about the Council and how vast their resources are or aren't ?"

"Someone who was, technically still is high enough up in their 'ranks' that I'd know. If you'd like to have someone read me to assure yourselves that I'm not a spy, by all means, go ahead."

It was Eve who finally spoke up quietly, carefully, her body still veritably glued to Wolfe's side.

"Look at her hand. I don't think that would be there still, were she the enemy. I'm just suggesting that before anyone gets too twitchy, which would be more than understandable at the moment."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 4:10 pm

The woman in the fur lined Nordic style dress went unnoticed while they spoke. She simply smiled and waited, beeming at Fenrir, who seemed to have calmed while looking at her. It was when she finally spoke that her presence seemed to finally be there "Fenny, my little Pup. I am happy to see you have found your skin". Something about her voice yanked at something deep within Krysto and it brought his gaze to the woman a second before any other, except Ashe.
Dearest Ashe, that voice, that melodious, warm soothing sound that coalesce across your skin. You can use everything you can think of, and it will tell you there is no power at play. No nefarious mechanic trying to trick you. The memory would become crystal clear. The woman's face. Her voice singing in Norse, yet the words are known. A lullaby. She sang it to you every night. Right before laying you down, next a hearth, the flames soothing and playful.
She steps forward once more and clasps her hands in front of her "It would seem I have come at the right moment. Allow me to introduce myself." The tension in the air seemed to lift as the next words left her lips "I am Freya Odinsbrede. Queen of Aesgard. And I would be more than happy to help"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 5:41 pm

While Whynter and Kai may not directly have a 'Pantheon' of their own, this Woman, this Deity was clearly somehow tied to Steele, or at least to the being sharing his body. She seemed pure of intent enough that they held their actions, and their tongues, oddly inclined to listen to her words.

Gia and Serephyna with their own ties to the Council, were more than willing to at least listen to anyone that might be willing to help work against them, especially a Deity. A Queen of a Pantheon at that. Even better, a Pantheon that many mortals still worshiped. And worshiped strongly at that.

Ashe however was a statue. Or at least as still as one. It might be questioned if she was even breathing. While yes those memories were suddenly there. The lack of any magic seemingly being a thing, it almost made her even more paranoid. There was a word, a title, a term that was on the tip of her tongue that had nothing to do with Queens or Kings or Deities. Something much more simple yet also all together more powerful. Or at least more intimate. It had her taking an actual step back. For while those who she had so long believed to be her parents had finally told her before their deaths, so many years ago...Sucking in a deep breath, she struggled to remind herself that her personal issues needed to be set aside. They needed help and this woman might be able to give it. Or at least seemed willing to try. Carefully schooling her features to neutrality, she did bow slightly out of respect though never lowered her eyes enough for the woman to be completely out of eyesight.

"This is not my city. It belongs to the three Kings. They are whom you should be speaking with. Though your help would be most appreciated. This was not their fight but it seems that some of us have brought it to their doorstep."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 5:49 pm

Freya smiled and looked around to Gia, then Serephyna, and once more back to Ashe. "More of you than you may realize, Young Lady." She couldn't help herself when she took that step forward to match Ashe, and when she did everything but the two of them went still "Please, no." Now she sounded different. Troubled. Longing. Pain. Her hand came up, but she caught it and allowed it to drop back to her side "I know you have some questions. Questions I may not have the answers to. But I can no longer deny my own instinct, and if you are who I think you are....then neither can you" she actually took the steps forward to put herself before Ashe "A Mother knows her child"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 6:06 pm

Though she was not of Pantheon whatsoever, when Freya's eyes landed briefly upon Serepyna, she did bow. Formally. A bow that she had not used since she had been a little girl. Somehow it seemed appropriate. Or so said the confusingly level of guilt that suddenly slammed into her gut.

Gia simply waved, then winked at her. There would be no bows from the quirky Promethean, Goddess or not.

Ashe however. Never one to have run from a fight in her life, even when she should have was having troubles standing her ground now. She could feel the unadulterated sincerity coming off of her in all of the words spoken, but it was when she dropped the M bomb.

"I had parents. A Mother. It was just before my village, my home was destroyed that they broke a part of my world when they told me that they weren't my family. They had intended to explain three nights hence. They never got that chance. They told me to run. It was the only time that I ever have. So yes. I have a LOT of questions. You're not lying and you're not wrong. That much I can feel. But as much as I may want whatever answers you can give, this is bigger than you and I. It would explain what the woman child meant though. I need time to process. I'm not trying to be rude just...Please don't deny them help because I don't know how to handle this right now."

Freya, you would be able to feel many of your own emotions coursing through your Daughter, but you would also be able to feel the desperation to her request. She hadn't moved when you closed that distance between the two of you, but oh boy was she skittish. Though that lack of movement said maybe you were reaching her ?
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 6:21 pm

"Ashelein" that name "Help is already on the way" it was at that moment things continued as they were, everyone starting slightly at Freyas abrupt location shift, as well as the multiple iridescent rainbow colored pillars of light that manifested around them. From these pillars men and women emerged clad in arms and armor of a golden hue. Spears, axes and shields amongst them all. Following this army through this light would be a group. The power coming from this group would over take any and all who beheld it "Your Uncle insisted" she turned and stare at the Leader of the group. Tall, muscular, but with a gut. His red hair was wild, and his ice blue eyes piercing, but the hammer which hung from his hip almost sang as it traveled through the air "Thor has never backed down from a fight that he deemed worthy" Her eyes did look past him to the man in the back. He was hiding well, but she knew him and called to him "Why Tyr, whatever brings you here?" That caused Padraic to go still. He dared not turn. He dared not believe. The last time he had gazed on his father was his visitation. They had spoken, and held conversation, but Padraic was not yet permitted to enter Aesgard. And his father was not known to walk Midgard. Freya watched as Tyr stepped up to her and Ashe, buy his words were not for her "A Father's Duty"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Reuniting    The Reuniting  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Reuniting
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: Chicago: A Dance with Death and all of His Friends :: Death's Rebirth-
Jump to: