The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A trip to the museum.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

A trip to the museum.  Empty
PostSubject: A trip to the museum.    A trip to the museum.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:42 pm

He wasn't exactly one for explaining himself, it was all about the lesson and what they took away from it. If they were clever enough to pick up on the hidden meaning, only then were they clever enough to know. Thus, when he stole Julius out of Venice, he did so without so much as a word of warning. His glance at Tao had been enough to express everything he expected over the next twelve months. Another little thing he hadn't brought up.

Jules found himself standing in a city. It's vast streets vacant of what would have been a large populous, but only thew wind crawled the balcony's and stone paths. The tall torches on either sight of them ignited a moment after they arrived, and continued in a sweeping wave until the whole of it was illuminated. Including an immense tower that spiraled up at it's center, it's peak lost to the clouds. Floors, walkways, stairs, huge windows and everywhere grew tropical plants, hanging vines, crawling moss, and huge feathery ferns that the rest of the world hadn't seen for millennium.

It was toward this tower that the antediluvian began to stroll, in no particular hurry. He wasn't an especially tall figure, his hair a pale crystalline white. It curled lazily around his shoulders the last eight inches raggedly stained a raw vermillion. The wide lapels on his black jacket swept down his chest in stark contrast with paper-white skin. His features were angular, sharp his was beautiful, a seraphim carved of impossibly mundane things like flesh and bone. His mercury eyes burning as they swept across their surroundings, drifting only briefly in the direction of the vampire beside him.

"Where are we?" He inquired of Julius, as if the musician were the teacher, and his progenitor the student. Such a simple question, but it would undoubtedly be on the test. He was quiet after that, but his self proclaimed favorite childe would understand what within that quiet the clock was ticking away.
Back to top Go down
https://silverpaths.rpg-board.net
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: A trip to the museum.    A trip to the museum.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:11 pm

The music was gorgeous, swelling and falling all around Julius, Self proclaimed Favored of Malkav. Within the blink of an eye however is was gone, the music that is. He was no longer on the roof of the cathedral. No now he stood but mere feet from Malkav himself. He was more beautiful than Julius had ever imagined. He had only dreamed of ever meeting him. Jules was so deeply enthralled with Malkav's mere presence that he almost missed the question. He peered around at his new surroundings. He wasnt sure quite where he was but he answered with his gut instinct "I believe we are in Enoch, Most Enlightened one" he was desperate not to anger this man, the closest thing he ever had to a god, the thing that kept him going through his years of unlife. The one that continued to fuel him, and give him something to live for.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: A trip to the museum.    A trip to the museum.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:48 pm

"Close." He mused, seemingly pleased with the answer. "This, my dear, is Babylon. The greatest city to ever touch the surface of this plane. Sodom and Gomorrah had wet dreams about surpassing this city. All their work, and they never even got close enough to know how wrong they were." His gait was long, yet smooth enough that it seemed effortless. Almost a glide, as if he flowed over the ground rather then walked. "Enoch, also stands here, but not here. Close as a reflection if you know where to look."

If Jules did look, Enoch was visible, cast back out at them from the glass poised to perfectly in the windows. Just one of the many wonders that was lost to the world when the city fell. In the phenomenon of the reflection the city was full of people. All of them clearly supernatural, their unnatural traits shown without fear. Things that today's kindred went out of their way to hide, keeping themselves safe, but losing that one thing their immortality truly granted them. Freedom.

From Death. From Disease. From Time itself.

"This is just the beginning of what I have to show you. However, if you will be joining the Inconnu, then you will have to have the full story. For that, we must start at the beginning."
Steps were clearly directed, his destination drawing them ever closer to the tower of Babel.
Back to top Go down
https://silverpaths.rpg-board.net
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: A trip to the museum.    A trip to the museum.  EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Jules watched the others in the windows pass on by, as if they merely carried on their lives from the other side, bothered not by where they were, or the thought of hiding. Jules couldnt hide the smile from his face as he turned back for Malkav allowing his mask to drop completely. He listened as Malkav spoke of the great honor of joining the Inconnu as his favored and couldnt help the smile get bigger "My liege, you honor me so. You bring me to this wonderful place, show me this wonderful things, and then speak of one of the greatest desires that any worthy Cainite strives for. One would almost think you were in league to woo me." Jules was astounded by himself. Did those words just come out of his mouth?! He was debating on dropping to his knees and begging forgiveness when more words spilled from his mouth uncontrolably "I would be honored to sit and learn from you, Most Enlightened One, for your stories must be the greatest ever told!" If he was anyone else, Jules would be calling himself crazy. But he did not fear, for if Malkav were to strike him down, he would die a happy man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A trip to the museum.    A trip to the museum.  Empty

Back to top Go down

A trip to the museum.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: England :: Steampunk :: Other Places-
Jump to: