The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paris or Bust

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Paris or Bust Empty
PostSubject: Paris or Bust   Paris or Bust EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 2:40 pm

The cellular device was pulled out yet again, as was an electronic tablet. A number was hit, the phone pressed to ear as my fingers began flying over the pad. When conversation was initiated, it was brief and not in English. There where a few moments where I seemed less than pleased, though by the time all was said and done, I seemed to have come to an agreement with my unknown partner. Then it was time for another call, this one being set to speaker phone as I continued my task upon the tablet. The phone rang and rang, the call appearing as if it may go unanswered before finally being picked up, yet again by a breathless, still laughing Bastet.

"So she hasn't killed you ye...Down Jack. DOWN !!!"

There were several clearly ecstatic yelps hear, then the distinct sounds of a body hitting the floor before it appeared that the two canines were trying to lick their way through the phone.

"No she has not, though there is still the very real possibility that she might. By the by, the she in question can hear you quite well, just like she did before. It seems that the Paris trip has been most definitely opened to you...As well as your entourage. Think that the lot of you can be ready and at the strip in two hours ?"

The sounds of four footed joy only increased and there was also the noise of something shattering. The laughter and breathlessness ceased long enough for a very firm sounding string of of words to be released. There were a few sad sounding yelps that were quickly quieted, followed by the sound of claws skidding across the floor.

"We can be there in an hour and change. I'll just ask Jack to make a few extra pick ups on his way home. I'm sure that Cypher will be absolutely thrilled to see how big the boys have gotten. They'll be much more well behaved this time, promise. Oh, and hi Skylar. Please try not to kill him. You'll love the ride, seriously. His Pilot is awesome too fo...Alastair, STOP beating on your brother. See you soon, E, and you too Skylar."

The phone sounded as if it were dropped, the last discernible noise that of a growl that was definitely not canine in nature. The phone was pocketed, the tablet shut off before I finally looked back and up to where she was. Moving about the first floor did cause me to occasionally loose sight of her, but when it was possible lens covered eyes did peruse her, trying to judge where she sat with things. Items were added to the carry-on, a few more to the suitcase, actions an odd mix of both leisure and precision. By the time I was done, my usual accouterments were properly in place, my usual game face as some might call it back firmly upon my features as yet another little Hidey Hole was revealed. Several sheaths, the hilts of blades the only thing clearly visible were withdrawn before it was closed once more, the weapons slid into a long, case like bag.

"I would enjoy your company. Prefer it actually as I'm sure at least Akina would, if not Jack as well, considering that in some twisted way they do owe you. Remembering that your last meeting with them was not exactly pleasant, this might be a nice change from the norm. That is of course unless you've seen them a time or two more since that I'm unaware of."

I was far from ignoring her, But I was obviously in the process of preparing to leave, regardless of her response up to and including packaging the leftovers from our rather impromptu meal into travel style containers. That would require as well of course the shirt, or simply another that I had never bothered to put on earlier. I made my way up the stairs to the floor where she presumably still was unless she had moved in the past point something seconds before crouching to sweep up the shirt that for a time had fallen forgotten to the floor. While the black on black might be a bit cliche for some, it did work for me and I embraced that fact, no pun intended. My bags were packed and at the door, everything organized as was my usual route for life, or perhaps unlife until she had stepped into it. That was not to say I regretted any moment of the ride so far, but from the way it was going at the moment...I wasn't quite sure I knew how to properly fix this. So there I stood, bound and determined to at least try and more than likely sink my battleship in the process.

"I'm not a man of many words, Little Trickster. I don't seem to have the gift you do to use them to your advantage and even if I did, you're the last person I'd use them with. Call me a fool, call me blind. There's something here. Something different between us and I want a chance to explore it thoroughly before just dismissing it out of hand because of the complications that are bound to arise. If Akina and Jack can make it through what they did, I'll be damned if our story doesn't at least give them a run for their money. Keep in mind that I'm not proposing, though I can think of a couple accessories that would look amazing on you, sans anything else. But this is a one time offer, Sky. Either come with now, or walk away. Though Gods know if you walk away I'll still find a way to follow you. But what is your answer ? Time is ticking and I'd really like Cypher to still be in one piece, as well as my plane by the time we get there."

Back to top Go down

Paris or Bust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paris or Bust   Paris or Bust EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 2:35 pm

~ On the Other Side of Cleveland ~

The sounds of joyous barking was more than clear as the boys had obviously heard AND understood the Assamite's capitulation to their journeying with to the City of Love. As they had grown, their intelligence only seemed to continue surpassing that of normal canines. Alastair was already scratching at the door to the closet that housed their essentials for travel while his brother Jack had moved to hop up on the bed and quietly watch as the Bastet moved about in a flurry of packing for their spur of the moment trip. Clothes were strewn about, weapons, their locations ranging from the bed to the desk, as well as their usual hooks upon the wall. Within a span of thirty minutes, a duffle bag was packed, zipped, and tossed out the door of the bedroom. The sound of claws scratching across the floor was heard before the rustle of teeth latching onto the handle of the bag before it was drug across the floor.

Clothes were shimmied out of and sent flying into a basket in the far corner, a thought sent towards Xaria as the Bastet looked at something hanging towards the far back of the closet. Fingers for a moment were brushed across it before moving on. The jeans were tight without looking as if they were painted on, the rips not strategically placed as some brands were keen to do now days, but rather ones that had been made over countless times of being worn. A fishnet top, this one with sleeves long enough to brush her palms did hug her petite frame like a glove. A tank-top rode over it, giving a modicum of decency as ankle socks and a pair of boots were slipped into place. Not bitch clicks, nor hooker heels by any means, they added enough height to make her look less like a midgets vertically gifted cousin and more like a model for some street-club. The look was only buffed by the half gloves that were added as well as the leather jacket that was beginning to show the signs of proper love and affection. It was only slung on after the firearms had been tucked away.

Her blades were settled into a case like carrying bag before it as well was lifted up and out of the room. Simple black lenses were then flipped on as she stepped back into the room long enough to pack a bag for her mate as well. The call to the taxi company was made as she worked on it, the text then sent to her Ebony Duckling, smiley face and all informing him of the change in plans. Sending with the address to the strip, she then began throwing things into a bag for the boys when she heard the honk of their mechanical horse and chariot pulling up out front. Checking that she had everything they would need in tow, leashes were attached to the boy's collars before she began lugging them and the bags out the door.

The driver was quick to hop out and take the bags from her, obviously hoping for an extra tip, when he drew pause to look at the rather large canines who had already been let into the back seat of the vehicle and were sitting there rather patiently awaiting their departure. His main attention then did focus back onto their Lady, which had one of them letting out a low warning growl in the Male's direction. Sadly, it didn't even seem to phase him, nor his thoughts, the direction of which were loud and clear. She gave a simple, quiet sigh before shifting her attention off of them and onto the rather foolish male instead.

"You're rather handsome a fellow, Ducky, but this just isn't worth the trouble you'll find yourself in if you continue down the path you're taking. I'm a very happily taken woman with a significant other who will be less then pleased with the looks you've been giving me."

Leaving him to mull over her words, she hopped into the cab beside the boys and shut the door securely behind her. No slam or anything of the like, just with enough finality to make her point clear. The moment it was closed, the two were on her, acting very much like the over protective beasts that they were. Calming words were offered quietly, uttered in Gaelic as not to be understood by the driver who seemed to at least value his passenger's money if not her advice. He had finally hopped in after giving the trunk of his vehicle a good thump and they were now en route to the strip with more than ample time to make the arranged meet that had been put in place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The drive was quiet, their travel time unmolested by accident or even many red lights. Keeping an eye on her phone to watch for any updates from Jack or E, she knew them both enough to not really expect one, but such was her habit these days. Roughly twenty-five minutes later, they were pulling up to what looked like a rather dilapidated layout of buildings which centered around what looked like it might at one time have been a warehouse with it's size. A single vehicle sat outside waiting, it's operator nowhere to be seen. The cab driver came to a slow stop, and was out the door before the engine had barely even been shut off. He was more than clearly surprised when he went to open her door that it already had been and she was in the process of climbing out and walking to the back of the vehicle to await his key to remove her bags. The canines were out as well and sitting, rather well behaved at her far side. He quickly unlocked it and raised it, seeming content to wait as she withdrew her belongings. She had reached into begin pulling them out when she felt a rather smack laid to her posterior.

Sucking in a breath through gritted teeth, by no means at any type of pain, but more at his stupidity, she had barely made a three count when the thud and his cries for help broke the otherwise quiet air. Taking her time as she carried the various bags over to sit them beside the bike, she walked back casually, as if she had eternity at her fingertips. Closing the trunk, just as quietly, she turned and eyed her boys who had the man flat on his back, his wails at calling the cops and having the two put down falling upon deaf ears. Letting them ruffle him a bit more, she finally gave a sharp whistle, and the two were off of him and at her side. She turned then and with the two, one at each side began walking towards her bag, though only after a rather wrinkled twenty was dropped at his feet. It took less time then even she might have expected for the driver to be back in the cab, the vehicle departing in a screech of rubber and a belch of annoying fumes.

"Come out some out wherever you are, Cypher. The Human's gone and it's doubtful that he'll be back. So feel free to show your ugly mug anytime in the next century."
Back to top Go down

Paris or Bust
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: Cleveland, Ohio-
Jump to: