The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Me and my shadow

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Me and my shadow Empty
PostSubject: Me and my shadow   Me and my shadow EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Lexi closed her eyes and inhaled the familiar smell that made up downtown La Crosse. It had only been two months, so she hadn't really expected anything to change that drastically. It hadn't. It still had the faintly wet smell of river mixed in with it's own blend of city and life, and a possible darker under current of something hidden. Ah, the city of Crosses. Lexi opened her eyes and shifted her duffle bar, she touched the network for only a moment. If Toa was still prince and Lexi hoped she was, it was an unofficial hey I'm here. No one in her clan was really angry at her so it seemed the safest way to check in without showing up. She left just a faint light hearted giggle slip into the song of the insane before she dropped off grid and started to walk the all too familar alleys. It's easy to walk the alleys when you can cloak your presence from humans and most others as well. Lexi always enjoyed watching the night life, through the twisted alleys past the bars, maybe relieving the wallets from several jerks. Fluffy was adjatated and so Lexi purposefully avoided some of the darker alleys she used to walk. No causing trouble early. Soon Fluffy soon, please be patient. ( to be continued tomorrow)
Back to top Go down

Me and my shadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me and my shadow   Me and my shadow EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Cloaked in shadows through this alley only to walk into the street cloaked as an undescript girl here or like a guy there. If it was anyone other than Vanquish following her she would have been mildly concerned about them loosing track of her in the downtown area. Lexi smiled, it amused her when Vanquish decided to play her everpresent shadow. It was a warm feeling that made even the blandest and most upsetting nights feel like home. Lexi knew if she stopped or got into any situation at all he would simply apear behind her. She might not always be able to see him or sence him, but he was always there. Lexi continued her dance throught the downtown. A wallet aquired from here or there would be ransacked a block away, id's and credit cards would wind up in a dumpster or burn barrel along with the wallet. Any liquid cash, well Lexi pocketed half and the other half may descretely wind up in a homeless man's cup, or his jacket or, once when she was amused, his hat. Lexi purposely avoided the darker alleys tonight. If she saw something that exvited Fluffy, she couldn't garantee that Fluffy wouldn't just come out to play. Lexi still had a few nights until Fluffy would demand to be released, and she had no intention of slipping now. Even if she only gave in once she felt that Fluffy would take it as a sign of weakness and demand to be let out more often. Lexi had only frenzied once in her unlife, and she had promised herself not to make that mistake again. So Lexi continued her dance of faces, shadows and new wallets through downtown, pausing only once to txt Assad that she was on her way. Before long she started to walk streets with less bars and more residential areas. Lexi changed to just walking in the shadows, knowing fully well she wouldn't have lost her favorite shadow.

Lexi walked these emptier streets as thought she had walked them forever. She accentuated her stealth by walking where shadows were deepest, avoiding neightborhood pets like the big dog a block over from her destination. The orpahnage was not a bad place as far as orphanages went. She had definately seen less cheery places on her travels. Without pause or hesitation, Lexi walked around past the chainlink fence that led to the play areas and the front doors, and around the corner to the delivery docks. As she rounded the corner she dropped the shadows from around her. Lexi still stuck to the security blind spots, knowing there would still be a flash of red and black as she jumped from the third spot to the one closest to the door. Humming softly she checked her phone, Assad had sent her the code to the back door, which he changed weekly. Lexi punched it in and held the door open just long enought for Vanquish to come in to. Disguising the motion by getting one of the duffle bag handles caught on the doorknob.

It was late so Lexi was quiet as she made her way throught the kitchens and up to the offices where she figured Assad had to be. Lexi focused on sharpening her hearing and sight. Sometimes Assad would place traps when he knew she was comming, nothing harmful just to test her. Sometimes she managed to sneak up on him, and he always looked so pleased when she did. She paused at the first landing when she heard multiple voices.

"I saw nothing Brother," Assad's thickly accented voice bearly carried. Lexi's eyes opened wider in suprise. Oh shit, broken busted beer bottles. One of his clan was with him and if she wasn't lucky it would be Mahar. Assad's voice didn't carry this far unless he let it. Which ment that he was warning her get out of the way. Lexi looked around and quickly ducked into the closet. Mahar was one of the few Assassins who could still sneak up on Assad. Assad would not have let Lexi walk into here if Mahar was here, unless Assad hadn't known Mahar was stopping in. Mahar wasn't know for calling ahead. If they came down to check she knew Mahar would see her unless she physically hid herself. The closets here were at least decent sized and Lexi didn't have to worry about room. She left the door open for just a moment if Vanquish wanted it, but somehow she really doubted Vanquish was going to hide in a closet like she was. A few moments later Lexi's heightened sence of hearing picked up on the teltale whisper of cloth as neither assassin actually made the sound of their footsteps audiable. They walked passed.
Back to top Go down

Me and my shadow
Page 1 of 1