The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Greatest Plans often go Awry

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

The Greatest Plans often go Awry - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Plans often go Awry   The Greatest Plans often go Awry - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 7:56 am

Imagine. Little ol' her had practically left the legendary Rhev speechless. It was enough to

Of course he'd returned the favor, however halting his reply might have been... Dammit! She hated it when people broke through her storm of frustration with logic.

And yet. And yet...

"You're right. Maybe I am impatient. It just feels like I've spent my whole life waiting for something to happen and now it finally has... Only for things to practically grind back to a halt."
Back to top Go down
https://silverpaths.rpg-board.net
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Plans often go Awry   The Greatest Plans often go Awry - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 9:03 pm

"There is nothing wrong with feeling alone when thrust into a new world" Rhevs response was light "But unless im mistaken you've taken to the Sheriff fairly well. And it isn't often he tolerates the presence of another, let alone seek one out" He smiled at her "You should also never be frightened to speak with me. I have no issues excusing myself to converse with someone"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Plans often go Awry   The Greatest Plans often go Awry - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:58 pm

"I've always been alone." The statement was matter of fact, she'd gotten past feeling sorry for herself; in no small part thanks to the nights conversation.

The mention of the sheriff sparked a bit of a grin and a twitch of her ears; likely one of the few souls in the whole city that would have such a reaction at the mention of the formidable Gangrel. "I'm still a little sad he has stopped letting me accompany him on his patrols, but I understand that I was probably too much trouble to have tagging along." Pausing she angled her ears in Rhev's direction. "I don't know that he's ever sought me out."

Chuckling she shook her head at the prince's last comment. "I'm more in awe of you, then frightened. Honestly I'm not nearly as scared of things as someone with more sense, would be."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Plans often go Awry   The Greatest Plans often go Awry - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 11:18 am

"Good to know" Rhev chuckled innocently "And he may not have directly sought you out, but he sought you out. Rhage is strange like that. I'm sure he knows exactly where you are currently" he looked around smiling "I wouldn't be surprised if he were listening to our conversation at this very moment"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Plans often go Awry   The Greatest Plans often go Awry - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 12:06 pm

Innocent? That he bothered to feign it at all was what earned Rhev a rather speculative narrowing of her eyes as one ear dropped while the other remained upright. "Should I be less honest and more political about saying whats on my mind?"

Teasing? Her? Never.

"Are you just fucking with me?" Those formerly narrowed eyes swept the area as if she was seeking for the formidable Gangrel. To her credit the places that drew her attention as possibilities for where he might be lurking were all either out of the reach of most people or just spots in the architecture that were naturally overlooked.

She might have been wrong, but something told her Rage might, with his odd sense of humor, get a kick out of hiding in plain sight.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Plans often go Awry   The Greatest Plans often go Awry - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 3:17 pm

Rhev looked around with her smiling "I'm glad to hear you understand that politics is full of liars. And you would know if he was present. Its a loyalty thing for him. He won't sneak up on an ally" he stretched and cracked both shoulders as well as his upper back "Johnathon weren't you saying you had things you were dealing with?" The words were clipped, borderline hateful, but still cordial. Johnny looked at the King and nodded "Indeed i do, Sire. I suppose I should tend to them" Johnny reached into his satchel and produced a card with an address and a phone number "Who says we monsters can be civilized, hmm? If you ever want to have another conversation, or have some other curiosities, seek me out" he tipped his hat to both of them and stood heading back for the door. If not stopped he will disappear through the front door.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Plans often go Awry   The Greatest Plans often go Awry - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 3:47 pm

"Well I won't pretend I'm not a little disappointed the option of hide and seek is off the table with the Esteemed Gangrel." Riot flashed a bit of a shameless grin back Rhev's way when he smiled at her.

Suddenly the little cainite was all sass. It looked good on her.

Tilting her head she unflinchingly regarded the way Rhev moved as he stretched, far more curious then salacious in her observations. It was the downshift of his demeanor, the resonance of the energy flowing off of him as his attention redirected to Johnny, that resulted in her head tipping to the opposite side.

The muted hostility was palpable. It was baffling and her eyes flicked back and forth between Rhev and Johnny in turn as they spoke. Brief as the conversation proved to be.

Good thing that wasn't awkward. Lightly her fingers had drummed on the table, before she was offered the card and not knowing what to do with her hands, she was grateful to accept it."Thank you. For showing up and dealing with my meltdown without taking it personally. I know you probably had far more important business to be attending to." She left the matter there, not wanting to cause Johnny to linger after he'd clearly been dismissed.

Once it was back to just the two of them, she slooowly shifted her gaze back to Rhev and arched a brow. "So. That escalated quickly."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Plans often go Awry   The Greatest Plans often go Awry - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 11:16 pm

"Yes it did. It tends to happen when those on other paths are around" he kept his eyes on the door for a moment after Johnny left, before looking back to Riot "Should I summon Rhage next?" His words seemed real, but there was a hint of something underneath.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Plans often go Awry   The Greatest Plans often go Awry - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 10:02 am

"Aren't we all on our own paths?" The question was asked while she watched him, watch Johnny depart for the night. The offer Rhev made next was replied to with a quick shake of her head. "Good Gods, no. Though I haven't yet pestered him with a new mountain of questions, yet this evening. Perhaps I should leave you in peace and see to the task."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Plans often go Awry   The Greatest Plans often go Awry - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 11:44 am

He smirked and nodded "I to should probably return to the Nest and tend to some things that require my attention" he stood and grabbed the picture and his book and bowed his head to her "Until next we meet, young Briar"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Plans often go Awry   The Greatest Plans often go Awry - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Plans often go Awry
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: Chicago: A Dance with Death and all of His Friends :: The Serpent's Dance-
Jump to: