The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sanctuary or Suicide

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

Sanctuary or Suicide - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary or Suicide   Sanctuary or Suicide - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 7:31 pm

*I've made things awkward for you again. You don't like being touched. It's not... Allowed in the camps. I wanted to see what it was like. That and I needed to confirm something. It won't happen again.*

Stepping back a bit, she looked down at the arm which had been injured when she came in and frowned. After a moment she just dropped her arm and closed her eyes. Drawing in a slow and steadying breath, she begin using her newly cleaned shirt to begin drying off.

*I'm sorry I don't have much intelligence for you. I wish I had more but there wasn't... We've had a difficult time capturing anyone to coerce it out of.*
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary or Suicide   Sanctuary or Suicide - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 7:42 pm

As she began to dry, a gust of gentle wind swept from no where doing the job for her. His eyes dropped again and couldnt help it, swept downward to the ground, making obvious stops along the way, before he turned altogether, bashful and stoic, and walked back towards the table "Come, have a seat and rest a minute. Not like your in any kind of rush"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary or Suicide   Sanctuary or Suicide - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 8:05 pm

*Thank you.*

Were he to look back, her head was tilted to the breeze, eyes closed. She enjoyed the simple pleasure of it for a moment before dressing with an almost militant quickness. Once his back was turned, she did watch him from her peripheral till he was at the table.

When she was finally dressed, she did make her way to a seat at the table. Carefully braiding a small segment of her hair, she touched the tip of a finger from the opposing hand to it's end. While there was no audible reaction, whatever she had done caused the slightest wince. Though when her hand lowered it held a braided length of her hair coiled in the palm.

*It's not much, but it's my thank you.*
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary or Suicide   Sanctuary or Suicide - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 1:31 pm

He leaned forward, unphased, and accepted her gift. He immediately tucked it away in his satchel "Thank you, you are to kind. You have more intelligence than you know. Let us start at the beginning. Your beginning. From there i might be able to discern what path forward is needed" he picked up the kettle and poured two cups of tea. When tasted it is the finest tea one has ever tasted (even tho some wouldn't have a comparison).
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary or Suicide   Sanctuary or Suicide - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 8:58 am

After he accepted her odd sort of thank-you gift, her fingers brushed seemingly restless over the seat in front of her. Those unique eyes danced the range of what they could see of the area yet again before falling back to him. Even with you having saved her, there was still a wariness when she took the drink, almost as if she expected some sort of unpleasant toxin to have been slipped into it. Raising it to her lips, a tiny sip was taken then worked around to taste the flavor of it. Finally swallowing it, she did settle into a perch on the edge of her seat.

*It's good. Thank you. You're a very shifting man. Your moods that is. Just a speculation is all. My beginning though....*

Setting the tea back to the table in front of her, she scooted further back into her seat. Resting her head against it in a way that looked entirely uncomfortable, she let her eyes drift shut before beginning.

*I don't know my parents. I have to imagine I had them, but I was born outside of one of the compounds, the prison camps. For whatever reason they expected me to exhibit magic. I didn't. I was brought to you when I was five. You never got a chance to do whatever it was you were supposed to do because the attack came. I never told them, but I knew you. I don't know how. Or why. From the moment I saw you, I knew we'd already met. You were dead three days later. Even already captured, the locks in place, they couldn't prevent me from feeling it.*

Even with her eyes closed, something crosses her face at that last part that says she's not saying everything there is to tell about that. Taking a slow breath before continuing,

*A lot of people die in the camps. A lot die outside of them. Even by the time I was born the world wasn't like the brief glimpse I saw as I was falling. Color is almost a non-entity in nature. Temperatures are either too hot or too cold, there isn't a mid ground. Animals.... They're rare. Painfully so. They don't care. Most of the humans are complacent to it, some loving it even because they think they're the top of the food chain.*
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary or Suicide   Sanctuary or Suicide - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 6:37 pm

As she spoke a feeling grabbed ahold of him. One that he hadn't felt in a long time. She said he died. Death. A final, ultimate end. He was filled with dread, and his mind instantly started to race. That was when Time slowed, her hair that was lifting with the wind hung in the air as she and all around her stopped what they were doing and stood still. He couldn't stop the thoughts, but as he sat and looked at her he seemed to be able to get up from the table and just look out the window. He waved his wand and resumed the proper flow and spoke "Would you like to meet some?" His voice was lighter, he wasn't sure he was taking this path, but it was better than dwelling, and he stood extending his hand "I'll introduce you"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary or Suicide   Sanctuary or Suicide - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 9:11 pm

*I've made it more complicated for you again.*

The words were soft. Whisper like, yet still heavy with a sadness that a virtual stranger aught not to have. Yet the fact that there was any lightening to the timbre of words offered seemed to ease it some. Enough at least that though she stared at the offered hand for what seemed like an eternity, she did finally take it. There was an oddness though to how it seemed to slip into yours, the fit of flesh on flesh perfect. Familiar even somehow. Tilting her head to look at you, those unique eyes seeming to be searching you for something,

*I shouldn't. It would be selfish of me when so many are counting on me to... To do something. But maybe just a few minutes wouldn't hurt. Just enough to see even one or two..*
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary or Suicide   Sanctuary or Suicide - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 9:27 pm

The Fabric felt almost silky as it washed through his fingers, the ink quill in his other hand lifting from its surface, "There you go my friend. A little nudge in the right direction. Fix that blemish" Wrinkle sat back in his chair releasing the Time Fabric and placing the Quill of Prophecy back into its holder. Interlocking his fingers he watched, and waited for this stories next chapter.

Her finger found his hand and gently clasped them and helped her to her feet. Before he turned to begin leading her they shifted from his pocket realm to Mortalis, in the woods along the south western border of the city. He led her a short distance and stopped at a lone rock "Have a seat, and give me a second" the way he said second, there was a gambit of things ones mind could gather.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary or Suicide   Sanctuary or Suicide - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 9:40 pm

There was a tremble for a moment before he slipped them into Mortalis, but it was brief. So very subtle as to almost go unnoticed. Drawing in a slow breath as he lead her even that short distance, it was the faintest of nods to acknowledge she'd heard the words.

It did take her a moment to finally sit but in that moment, she was like a child in a candy store taking in the sounds. The colors. Catching her lower lip sharply between her teeth, she did lower to perch on the rock as he'd suggested. Clasping her hands tightly together on her lap, her eyes would land on him, eager, curious even. While no words may fall from her lips, it was clear she was a most rapt audience for whatever was going to be presented.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary or Suicide   Sanctuary or Suicide - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 9:45 pm

I put his pinkies in his mouth and whistled loudly. One with the ability to feel magic would feel it emanate from him. Within seconds small rodents, and birds appear, followed by larger creatures until finally the two of them were surrounded by all sorts of animals of the forest. He watched her as he sat down next to her, and the mass of creatures closed in
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary or Suicide   Sanctuary or Suicide - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 12:47 pm

Oh her eyes widened as the magic in that call prickled over her skin. Fingers rubbed over even her clothed arms as slowly but surely the number of wild creatures responded to his summons. Again a hint of nerves was visible as she tugged her lower lip back between her teeth and nibbled at it.

It was not long at all though before nerves or not, she carefully pushed up from her perch on the rock. He could watch as she straightened her shoulders, drew in a fortifying breath and began moving among them. Small or large seemed not to matter, as she would carefully extend a hand for them to test her first. To see if they would welcome contact from her.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary or Suicide   Sanctuary or Suicide - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 11:24 pm

He watched as a number of smaller creatures gave into their curiosity and approached her. Hares and the like. The larger creatures, however, without being rude, gave her space. Or maybe they were taking space. His eyes wandered and fell on one particular creature. One that shouldn't have been. His brow scrunched for a moment before reaching out to the Jack-a-loupe mentally 'Excuse me, but I wasn't calling you or yours. I'd rather your introduction came later. Please move along'. The Antlered Hare turned and looked at him directly. The intelligence that small gaze held might have frightened her. 'Very well' it nods before ceasing to exist, almost as if it weren't there to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary or Suicide   Sanctuary or Suicide - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sanctuary or Suicide
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: Chicago: A Dance with Death and all of His Friends :: Death's Rebirth-
Jump to: