The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? Empty
PostSubject: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:06 pm

I had returned and nearly as quickly left again. Even with the warmth of dreams that for once didn't leave me waking in a cold sweat, silent screams stolen from my lungs as once my Sire had stolen the driving beat of my heart, it wasn't enough. Whoever or whatever had touched my slumber and crafted themselves my champion sadly could not touch me once I woke. I wasn't sure how long I laid there, still as an ivory fleshed simulacrum eyes steady as they looked down upon the man who had so recently said that he loved me and that he would never betray me. For our kind, never was a long time to keep such a promise. Yet of them all, he and Caleb were the only two who hadn't. Some nagging, niggling voice at the back of my head whispered and taunted, singing it's damaging harmony that reminded me of Gabriel speaking those very exact same words.

He needed his rest.

It had taken time, but I had finally learned to slip from the bed without waking him, even if it was only him pretending for my sake, I never knew and never questioned. It was not far that my steps intended to take me, truth be told not even off of the grounds of my chosen Haven. With everything that had happened as of late, and especially with his admission that day in the Church, I would not leave him wondering. Vampire, Kindred that I may be, I knew I still carried a scent of sorts to him and that if ever there was a one who would be able to track me to the farthest reaches of Mortalis and beyond, it would be that man who lay within. While there were days that I wondered if it wouldn't be better for him to forget me, to find someone who would cause less harm to him, I never directly wished for it. I was not that careless any longer. Or at least I aspired not to be. I was selfish and I knew it, but I needed my Gangrel and I needed my Mage almost as much as I needed HIM.

My Fly-Boy.

Fynn. The reckless, carefree M15 agent that had stolen my heart and for so brief a time shown me that I held within me the capacity to love. Not only to love but to love like never before. To hold a Passion that was both the blaze of bale-fire and the bite of hyperboreal cold. I could blame him until the end of time and back but we had both been at fault in our own ways for what happened. Not that I sought to create a Martyr of myself but perhaps the blame had been more mine than his. If I hadn't been ever comparing him to Gabriel, perhaps I would not have pushed him into the ever waiting arms of the very woman who would always be my Nemesis when it came to him. As much as I fought and denied it, I hadn't done my actions for the church, for this district over the past months out of the goodness of my heart. Nor had I played upon it's rooftop for my Creator as some did when we claimed the Cathedral during Carnival. While there was much of it that sought to buy that second chance for Rashid, it was always about Fynn. Somehow it always came back to him. Gods above and Principalities below, the damned Hunter had been right.

Malachi.

Fingers deftly grabbed up the pristine white undergarments set that was somehow still in perfect condition. Shimmying into the bottoms of it, the top was carefully raised to be lowered over head before being tugged in place and adjusted properly. Not bothering to run the ivory toothed comb back through my hair, I slipped out and onto the balcony that wrapped the back of this humble abode. Ra's chariot sank, nearly out of sight in the far distance, the barest tongues of flame licking at the horizon as if to mock and taunt what I would never fully stand beneath again. Burgundy's, honey's, scarlet's and burnished gold's ran a riot down my spine, somehow seeming to achromatize as the night landed so abundantly upon the skies of Venice. My own personal fiend rose to color my eyes as I stood there, gaze meandering over to the church where I was fairly certain he was.

Picking up the silver toned flat case that still lay on the small table that sat out here, a finely rolled cylinder of Gods knew what was lifted to my lips, a kiss of sudden light afforded to the end to offer it life. Introduced to me by one of my less than savory contacts, the scents both herbal and likely other landed to me a few moments of neutrality in which I could think without wanting to rip his throat out for being so damned right. I hated it when I was wrong and as always, I had allowed my emotions to blind me. While I was unsure that I personally would ever garner the exact truth from his lips, what did it really matter ? If I was so mind set intent on leaving the city and taking Liam with me, why did I want truth from him so badly ? Was it to try to alleviate my own guilt over injustices I had done, atrocities I had committed, both real and imagined ? Or was it because I was so desperate for answers of Fynn and that I wanted to trust what he might known about him ?

None of it matters if you run again. Who will protect the starfish then ?

You traitorous little bitch. Much as I might hate that part of myself for repeating so close to the very words the Hunter had spoken to me mere hours ago, I could not deny it to be the truth. If I fled yet again, I'd have to hope that by some strange chance I ran into him by accident a second time around. Had the luck of finding a place that obviously mattered so much that... I thought of the first night in Venice during a not so innocent game of tag where I'd bumped into what I'd thought at the time to be a stranger. The eyes I had felt on my back had finally made sense as everything else had started coming together. If he had changed so much that even I had not known him, could I have truly changed so much as well ? Another hit taken from the herbal supplement, the realization that it would never truly affect me as a Kindred, more that it was old habit from human days leaving a less than pleased look across my features.

Oh stow it down. You're just looking for a reason to be a ponce.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Some things were as old as time itself, as ancient as the being that created my kind. Or at least the thoughts behind it were. The fiend that was more than anxious to have it's turn to dance merely laughed as it received the mental equivalent of a go bugger yourself. Standing here would do me no good though, even the rare stolen moments of solitude with my thoughts more my enemy than friend. As quiet as I'd exited, so did my return inside equate to. Frowning as I remembered that Caleb was not here to help make sure that I looked at least semi presentable, I merely shook my head and walked to the wardrobe that I must have left open at some point. Digging through the disarray within it that was as jumbled as my mind, I finally pulled out what I hoped was enough to properly attire myself for the eyes that would be viewing me.

A different ensemble of garnet and burnished amber was strapped and tucked, folded and buckled into place as were my weapons, or at least those that would be meeting this night's air with me. While I appreciated the Hatter's gifts to me, or had at the time they'd been given, I still preferred my blades. I'd yet had the time to get used to the wrist mounted bows and was far from willing to risk flubbing something due to inexperience. Thus they were replaced and the varying blades that had proven me true were put to place in their appropriate sheaths, some invisible, and others not so much. Last was the largest of the bunch, the slender, almost reed like blade being slid to rest along my spine. Once armed, several vials of assorted poisons were tucked away as well before gloved hands would reach back and swiftly plait my hair into a singular braid. Once all was said and done, a wry look had me capturing the goggles that had been a gift as well. While I preferred my own Kindred gifted abilities, one never knew what may or may not come in handy.

"You're learning. Perhaps you aren't such a lost cause after all."

Ignoring her would be my best course of option, or at least simply not responding enough to give her the ammunition to keep pecking at me. A note was quickly penned in the scrawl that Liam would ever recognize as mine, the whisper of a kiss dusted across his lips so that he would wake to my scent, even if it were not to my body. The mention of a visit to the Hatter was all that I noted, though if I knew my feral heart well enough, he would check the Church as well before going too far. As that thought came to me, I knew it would likely be best if things were kept short with the Hatter before I paid the Hunter a visit. Perhaps my mention of him coming out and saving me hadn't been the best thing to sign the missive off with... All I could do was hope that Liam was of a more even mind than to take it literally and come in Gun's blazing.

My search for Hatter was longer than expected, but briefer than what it surely could have ended up being. Finding him surrounded by some of his goon squad that were still dressed in that atrocious green on what I liked to consider MY roofs, I bit back the initial comment that came to mind. Going less ravenous bitch and more harmless snark, I did manage to keep the conversation impressively short, though that was likely due in part to the Hatter having other business to attend to as well. Not bothering to watch his departure, I swiftly made my own. A quick stop made at an out of the way establishment that was still open, I was easily able to purchase a white candle along with a swathe of black ribbon. Even gloved as they were, fingers were still skilled enough to mate night with day, affixing the ribbon to the candle in such a way that it didn't look horrible to the eye. Truth be told, in a way that was horrifyingly reminiscent of the one that my eyes ever searched for every time I stepped foot into the church.

"If someone isn't becoming quite the stalker. And here I thought you told the Father that he didn't matter. Thinking of eating your words already ?"

A rather unladylike snort was afforded mentally to my own personal Demon as booted feet carried me to the front doors of the Church. The frown that came as I saw them to be closed was not one that crossed my face but instead registered through my mind. Even that pestering little voice that had been so active this evening remained quiet at this, it's own eyes recognizing the oddness of this. Feet closed the remaining bit of distance, gloved hand rapping quietly upon the doors. When they were finally opened, it was by a rather familiar Nun who looked around and after seeing that it was only me opened them enough to allow me entrance before closing them once more. The candle with it's attached ribbon was tucked away safely beneath the cloak that I had barely remembered to grab before leaving my Haven. Then turning my focus fully upon the woman who I knew to truly be another Hunter, Malachi's Sister to be exact, my words were kept simple and succinct.

"What has happened that the doors are now closed, Kita ?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:50 am

Kita looked Eli up and down once as she turned from latching the door, her hand slid up the crossbar and lowered it into place. Securely locking out the rest of Venice, there gesture was smooth, the soft thud of it landing home little more then a whisper. "Eli." She greeted the Malkavian with something akin to warmth, reaching up she removed the habbat, revealing a mass of dark red curls that managed to keep their shape, despite the hastily adorned hood. "This isn't your usual night to play."

Sky blue eyes shifted toward the alter, where the pale candle stood recently ignited and wrapped in a black satin ribbon. Hood in hand she walked over to a nearby trunk and set it down. A moment later, the rest of the dress followed. Beneath it was a previously unseen girl, far different from the sister that seemed to spend all her free time in quiet contemplation with God. In fact, this incarnation was almost as far from a nun as Eli herself. She too was armed mostly with blades. A long curved sword rode at her hip, it's style originating all the way back to Romania. "I'm afraid you've caught us at a bad time."
Back to top Go down
https://silverpaths.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:48 am

Smile was wry, mostly masked features hiding it. Or perhaps it was the fall of freely cascading hair that had her thinking I was here to play. Strange that I didn't remember unfastening it from the single braid that I had plaited it back into. Never mind that as far stranger things had happened and were likely to continue to do so. The usual half bow was still given in her direction, even as my eyes were scanning the church as a whole. Call it predatory instinct if you like. More likely it was with the occurrences of late, both physical and spoken, I wasn't sure who to trust, or what to expect. Such things never boded well with my mind. I was raising, gaze turning to sweep back to the Female half of the paired Hunters when I saw the candle. My chest tightened, painfully so, as I struggled to remember the last one I had seen had been one of Durashi's pranks and not reality. Yet even from this distance, I saw it to be the real thing.

"No Kita, it's not. I'd say I'm sorry that the timing's bad for you, but that would be a bald faced lie, and you have yet to earn such from me. Do tell though. What could be so truly horrible for you and your ever so delightful Brother ?"

While I couldn't keep all of the malice that dripped from those last words, I did manage to keep it fairly neutral, if only for her sake. Sweeping the cloak aside ever so slightly, as if it were merely a factor of my movement as I went to pass by her, she could see clearly that I was armed, and that there was no violin in place as she had so obviously expected. Not wanting to alert any potential enemies of theirs that might also be or even become mine, I allowed my mind to reach out, brushing ever so delicately against hers. A mere whisper of mental kiss at the well guarded doors of her mind, I continued my steps, but kept them slow. Hopefully she would pick up on my request and the reason behind it if things were truly that bad. If not, may whatever happen be on her head, not mine.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:44 am

The glance at the candle didn't go unnoticed, but she was wise enough to not mention it. The words earned her a glance from keen sapphire eyes. Silence reigned as Kida watched Eli start across the room. Relenting the the mental inquiry, her words forming without sound, though true admittance was denied. It was as if the huntress met her somewhere in the middle, on safe ground so to speak.

~There are other things out in the darkness Eli. The church will be empty for the rest of the night in just a few minutes.~
When it became clear where the other woman was headed, she sighed softly. ~It's not a good time, he is speaking with an informant.~ The words were gentle enough, but they didn't leave a great deal of room for argument. ~Give him a minute.~

Despite her advice, no moment was made to physically impede the vampire's progress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:51 am

A certain rigidity came to my body at her denial of my going to speak with Malakai. Even though she made no action to stop me, no motion changing the stance of her body, however slight, I had seen what Malakai was capable of and did not think her to be any weaker, or less capable for the fact of being a Female. My steps would find pause between the alter then, that candle seeking me out, it's bravely flickering flame calling to the moth within me even as my beast would have denied what it knew would harm the both of us. Yet if I could not speak with my once business associate at the exact moment, I would wait and in that intermittent time, I would require a distraction. If I could not speak with her Brother, than I would take what was calling to me. Even be it illusion of another, it for now would be enough.

Feet would reverse in their path, carrying me passed the pew closest to the alter where steps would draw pause long enough to gently and neatly lay the cloak that had covered me until then. The only thing kept tucked to hand was the candle and it's ribbon, so identical, yet so vastly different to the one waiting ahead of me. Palming it carefully, I tread closer to it, an almost caution that had not been in my stride before. Garnet leather pants were slashed up each side, the separations held in place by lengths of deceptively delicate dusty amber chain. Matching colored corset was held in place by a crisscrossing of straps that buckled to fasten along my spine. Arms were bared from shoulder to elbow where pale skin was swallowed by fine kid skin gloves. Garnet backing, laced up the topside in that same dusty amber as my pants.

Coming to a stop close enough that I was able to rest the candle beside yet far enough from the original that my own perhaps selfishness would not mar it's purity, it was nestled in amid-st the same position as I had placed them time and time again prior to this. Respectful steps, few that they may be were taken back and away then, the slender pillar yet to be given life. While I may have gifted my precious violin to the younger Malkavian, Fire, I had not come empty handed. While I was not quite as skilled with this other instrument as I was with the violin, I was no embarrassment either, that much even I was sure of. For a moment I simply stood in silence, hesitant of exactly what the reception of the woman behind me would be. Or of Malakai and whoever his informant might be, should they walk out too soon. Blinking, I realized that I didn't care. Not out of a lack of respect for this place, but because what I was about to do would harm none, but perhaps myself.

"You were right, Malakai."

Words so quiet, little more than an uttered breath, even the Huntress behind me would have had to strain to realize I had said something aloud much less what it was. Eyes would close, not out of shame, but because I didn't need sight for this. In a way I didn't want it just now. Letting my body go loose, but not quite lax, I opened myself up. Bared my soul, should it be that one such as I even possessed one to the song.

There's a sea of lonely,
Swimming sad,
Looking just for
An arm to grab.
I don't need to
Understand.
I'm just lending you
The two that I have.

You might be drifting
And can't find the shore,
So Hopeless
And all alone.
The waves are crashing
All around you.
Just when you've lost the will to live
You see the sun.

Even as the next verse was coming into play, a hand lifted, first one and then the other to carefully unfasten and remove the mask that so often shrouded the familiarity of my features. It was the fingers of one hand that held to it as it was lowered away to slip from them and fall, forgotten to the floor. Still eyes would not open, free tendrils of burgundy, coppers, and gold falling like a multi-toned Raven's wing to cast shadow upon me, seeming to highlight without hiding the high, sculpted cheekbones. Lowered lashes cast half crescents upon skin of ivory sheen as my body began to gently sway with the power of the emotion that I refused to hold back. Even if none other heard it, this was my power. This was my gift.

Can we make a searchlight
From all the bridges that we burn?
Do you see a rescue
Or a deeper kind of hurt?
Who could love you?
Who could hold you?
I'd swim across the sea.
You don't have to be alone
Where the shallow gets so deep

You might be drifting
So Hopeless
And all alone.
The waves are crashing
All around you.
You see the sun

Knowing what would come as the last of the song was uttered from my lips, I knew regret for a moment that I was not gifted as Caleb and that it was only via a man made article that I would be able to finish this out. Not thinking of the woman behind me who I had yet to ask to leave the link within my own mind, almost as if her presence there had been forgotten, I was fully vulnerable to an attack from her should she so choose. Should she choose to pillage my thoughts, my memories as I sang, they would be hers, or perhaps anyone's within the vicinity who chose to steal them.

I am hurt and nearly drown.
Open up your eyes.
I cry for help. You turn around.
Open up your eyes.
Farther from the shore,
Or you'll be farther from the shore.
I am hurt and nearly drown.
You're not alone.
I cry for help. You turn around.
I'm not letting go.
Farther from the shore,
So you're not
Farther from the shore

You might be drifting
So Hopeless
And all alone.
The waves are crashing
All around you.
You see the sun...

Even as that last line was gifted wings to fly free of my lips, my hands were coming up, feet taking those few steps to put me back within reach of the candle and it's ribbon that I had offered up. One palm loosely cupped around the fountain of wax to assure that it did not tremble as a flick of fingers upon a small firebox gave the breath of flame to the wick atop the candle, setting it alive with dancing flame. As I felt the heat of it, I fell back once more, body simply loose, liquid, feeling almost as if my bones had been stripped from me.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:26 pm

As she sung, Kida turned and walked in the direction of the large ornate cross that decorated the wall on the back of the church. IT was nearly six feet tall, it's arms spanning four across, large, sturdy, aged beyond the telling of it. The girl that looked no older then seventeen paused before it. Fingers located long familiar carvings in it's surface, allowing the front to pop open a fraction of an inch. Pulling it open on well maintained hinges, it didn't so much as whisper. A few key items were removed and put into place. Lastly a small seal of saint Jude, the patron saint of lost causes, was pulled from a hook and fastened around her neck.

Closing the case firmly, until the locks snapped securely into place, she again was on the move, this time to cross the church and find a section of wall near Malikai's office door. It was there she stood while Eli finished her bittersweet song, and the door beside her pulled open. A tall figure strolled out of it, past her as if she wasn't even there.

"I'll meet you there." Fynn spoke over his shoulder, back in the direction of the office. "Try not to be late." About to turn back around Kida caught his gaze and he offered her a nod. She nodded in return, though hers went in the direction of the alter and the woman standing there. His long stride slowed as he adjusted his position to better see what she was drawing his focus to. The hair was different, but he'd never mistake the silhouette.

Eli.

"Forty five minutes at the most." Came Kai's response, from still within the room. He hadn't yet looked up from the large sheet of parchment stretched across his desk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:47 pm

What those eyes of his fell upon first was the most noticeable of the physical changes. One could not hold blame for that, though as I turned away from it, from the alter and it's twin flames, others came blatantly into view. It would seem that even the dead could be whittled down, passed excess flesh and to the very heart of their being. A girl's curves had been lessened, the hint of softness that had been there stripped away to reveal a perfectly honed blade. Cheekbones were sharper, somehow more poignant, lips just a bit fuller. Movement itself was no less calculating, no less predatory, but now it was easier. More woman and less stalking killer. There was the rub to it all. I had somehow in our time apart become less and more of both, but now it was fluid. Less a girl child trying to play in mommy's clothes with daddy's weapons.

Gloved digits would dip downwards, body barely pausing as the mask was lifted, searchingly so from the ground. Raised and pressed in place, fingers would hold back the tendrils that would halt it's proper placement. Once it was fastened, fingers shifted again but did not lower. This time stubborn strands would be plaited snugly into that single rope that danced and swayed along her spine. Cloak would be captured from the pew, both the change to my hair style and my leaning to grab it, flashing the telltale hilt of a blade running along my spine, the sheath in place just over the buckles of my corset. All of this had been done in silence, my eyes still closed as I had come to know the steps of this church, specifically of the path I was now walking as well as the back of my hand. It was then in which I seemed to finally remember Kida. Realizing that I had been left alone in the main portion of the church, I finally turned to glance over my shoulder as I called out vocally to her.

"If you could please tell his Royal Highness Kai that he is welcome to pay a visit to my home, it would be most appreciated. Perhaps it would be easier for us to speak there and it would allow for certain of my companions to be a bit less on edge."

It was natural as I turned back for my eyes to scan, such paranoia being one of the reasons for my continued existence. The flickering cries of the candle reflected against the expressive gun metal and gray depths of my shadowed gaze, I could see her standing far down the hallway and towards the inner Sanctum of the Father. What I also saw was a second figure. One far too filled out to be the Father's. One that I remembered having brushed against once during that very first carnival. Nostrils quivered, the fiend within me bucking at a scent that while exceptionally changed was familair even to her.

Denial. A strangling, if brief taste of fear that countered and sparred with the first emotion. There was a joy that shot through me like a screaming star, my body trembling to hold it all in check. This had to be a trick. A ploy. Some newest game of Kai's or even Durashi's. Yet the image seemed so real, so very tactile. Eyes went sharp. A flicker of red dancing and streaking through to allow my perception to pierce the darkened pathway in which he stood. Feet seemed to move of their own accord, shortening the gap, but stopping far from closing it. How had it never occurred to me that perhaps the informant could have been the Fly Boy himself ? Thus his name was a single word. A whisper that if my intuitions about him were correct, he would have much ease in hearing.

"Fynn..."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:22 pm

Of course. Of all the time he could run into her, it was now. Now when he had other places he had to be. The changes in her were evident, and had only served to better portray her already natural beauty. So it had been her that he spied the few weeks prior. It shouldn't have been a surprise, in that fleeting moment between her crashing into him and vanishing into the crowd, he had recognized her.

What in Gods name was she doing in Venice? The question was immediately given to him from the recent information. The Malkavins had taken the jeweled city, some of them even considered the waterways, and ally's sacred because their antidiluvian had stood within them. There was even one that ran the city, the self proclaimed favored of Malkav, the newest Justicar. That was why she was here. Though it was without the usual crew, recent reports had confirmed that Gavin was still in London, serving the crown.
"Eli." Her name came easily to his lips, those same lips broke into a smile a moment later. "It's good to see you." He didn't turn when Kida pushed off the wall and glanced in Eli's direction. Her voice silently reaching out to the vampire.

~I can buy you a few minutes. Make it count.~
With that the huntress slipped into the office, and lightly closed the door behind her. Giving them a bit of privacy.

"Don't suppose your nights open to help us cause a little hell."
He didn't attempt to close the distance, leaving her securely in her comfort zone. The M15 agent did look good, fully grown into himself, moving fluidly. As if he had developed new muscles during his absence, and perfected their use. The long duster was still around his shoulders, but if the jet pack was there, it had grown impossibly thin since it's last appearance. There wasn't so much as a ripple that distorted the smooth line of the coat down his back. Dark hair was longer, shaggier, as if he had little time to bother with such simple concerns. Even his eyes seemed to see more, pupils wide, pulling in the full low light spectrum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:43 pm

I gave no response at first but merely met Kida's glance with not even a nod. Though before that link between us would find itself severed, in my silence, in that realm of mental shadow, she would be given what thanks I could for what she was now offering me. I waited until she had closed that door behind her, not because I didn't think they'd be able to hear our words from behind it, because the modicum of privacy, however false it may be was something I wasn't sure I could live without at the moment. Finally it was that I turned my focus to him and found myself wanting to weep all over again. Go to him you twit. Everything you want, everything you've prayed for so desperately is standing right there in front of you. Beg him to stay. Tell him whatever you need to or he'll disappear all over again and then where will you be ?

NO

The word was a violent hiss of sound that broke the otherwise silence, one that packed enough punch to sound nearly venomous. As much as I wanted to do exactly that, I couldn't. More like wouldn't. He could have closed the distance between us, taken even a single step closer, but had chosen not to. Of course. He's here for business. He obviously has something more important to him than me. Some Damsel he has to go save. Whose to say that it isn't Nora that he comes here and prays for ? Nora that he's asking your help for now ? That niggling little fiend sat on a swing, that white dress still all too present as she looked at me with eyes that were anything but human. Gathering myself together as quickly as I could, lest he think that the singular word had my answer to his question, I made my move.

It was no disgusting, flagrant use of one of my Kindred gifts, yet it a use none the less. One that put me within his bubble far quicker than he may have expected. Unless he chose to do something to stop me, I began to circle him. Even with my fairly impressive height for a female of this time, he still topped me by a good few inches. I did not touch his skin, nor any part of him, though my tongue would lash out, tasting the air surrounding him, tasting the aura that he now carried. Those currently cool eyes closed, a shiver running along my body. He had become a Were. Memories of the taste of his skin even as a Human flashed through my mind and for a moment I found myself helpless. Barely managing to stop the mental cry for help to the Gangrel that I knew would always hear me and come if it were within his power to do so... I couldn't subject him to this. Not after the words, not after the promise he had given me so recently in this very church. This fear, this desire, I had to face by myself.

"Being as I am currently short a Violin, I will merely need to do my rounds then you may consider my services to be yours for the duration of this evening, Fly-Boy."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:02 pm

His head tilted, noting her speed by a the arching of a dark brow. He didn't move, not to stop her, nor to draw her closer. So she circled, and he was left to wonder at how profoundly he had underestimated the change in her. His gun still sat in it's place at his hip, but there appeared to be no other weapons either in sight, or hidden away. He smelled like the north, all snow, and ice. Under-laid with smoke from the fires that kept them at bay. His clothing was, as always, casual, though he had picked up a few wardrobe changes from his time in Russia. Still, the fingerless gloves, and tall boots were still classic fly-boy attire.

Her poisonous response seemed to surprise him, but he held his tongue. Waiting, and a moment later she spoke her agreement, much to his pleasure, seeming to change her mind almost as quickly as she had spoken her initial refusal. It earned her another of those cheeky grins he had trademarked upon their first meeting. "Good. There is a rather nasty bloke in the city, we are going to be taking him out of the picture. He's been causing all sorts of trouble, for the last year or so, and when he runs he leaves behind him a mass of cultists. Chased him here from Saint Petersburg, and finally got word tonight on where he is held up. Finish your rounds, and meet up with me under the bridge from Landon, to Rose street. I'll fill you in on the rest of the details then."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:34 pm

He was an amalgamation of new scents and yet somewhere beneath it all was that of the Male that was still in possession of the largest portion of my heart. I wanted to roll in them, rub my skin against his until I could dissect each and every one of those scents to find the one I craved most. Tilt of head and arch of brow thankfully gave me a focus. Seeing that he had noticed the change, some small little part of me was preening and I couldn't help but give a faintly teasing bow. Using my time of rising from it as a faint, if not completely subtle cover, my gaze started at the tips of those boots of his before running up the rest of him. Damn him. Damn him for looking like he did, even so simply dressed and damn him for still being able to affect me even after our time apart. Then that grin came and I nearly fell apart right then and there, body so deceptively languorous when in all reality I was coiled and waiting to leap.

"Do tell me, Fly-Boy. How keen are your people going to be working with one such as me ? While apparently my standards for business partners have dropped as of late, I doubt that everyone's has. If you see no problems on that end, come with me for them ? Saves us time. I merely need to stop at my Haven and do a round of the neighborhood which I can easily achieve on our way out. My usual duties should have no claim to me this evening and if they do, I have been making a point of learning to multi-task.

"Besides if you don't tell me till I arrive, how will I know what toys to bring along for the ride ?"

Finally stepping back, lest I do something utterly foolish, my hands came up and I twirled fully. A tight spiral of movement that still allowed him the full visual. Even as I went into a second rotation, I began to fade. Bit by separate bit until I was little more than shadow itself. Not wanting to leave him wondering, wanting him to realize that he still had a chance to speak,

"Claim the sky with me again, Fly-Boy. Even if you no longer have your wings, I will teach you a new way to soar. Or I'll just carry you. Be swift in your answer, for our time swiftly fades. Make your decision now or never. Is it really so much to give...Fynn."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Appreciation was present in his eyes, and much as he might want to he did his best to not just undress her with his eyes. Oh, she was exquisite, stunning, but it wasn't just her looks. As always her presence, the way she commanded attention without ever intending to. Still, there was no helping the grin that crept into place across those full lips.

"Sure." Attentive eyes watched her change, fade, half dissipate into the darkness. "I imagine I can keep up. Lead on." Rolling his shoulders, a few bones popped back into place and he was suddenly ready to move. Rolling steps took him to the door, and he pulled it open. Long fingered hands held it there for a moment, long enough for him to take a deep breath of night air before stepping out. Also long enough for her to slip out, without having to break her obfuscate.

Where she went, he would follow. Having in his absence grown accustomed to climbing and jumping. It seemed more a joy then a task for him, to keep pace with her, as they cut across the rooftops.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:11 pm

An appreciative smirk would have showed the flash of fang had I not been more shadow than flesh. Yet I had no doubt that he would be able to follow me. At least not for the now. Whereas he waited before exiting to draw in that breath, I stepped outside and exhaled. While Kindred may not work the same as Humans I could still enjoy the scents of my District and further from that, my city. There were other scents, those far closer, but if I appreciated them any further...Lets just say that would likely bode ill for all of us. A Cheshire grin, this one of pure trickery danced my features, masked and shadowed as they may be before I claimed one of the most difficult routes possible to the rooftop. One that for me was like walking from the door of my personal chambers to my bed nestled away within it. For him I wasn't quite so sure, but it had a potential to be amusing.

Thew few buildings that we'd need to cross before reaching the first destination we held in mind were used as a chance to show off. Perhaps a bit vain, a bit arrogant, yes. Still I felt the need to, perhaps some shreds of feminine vanity that I normally didn't cater to rearing their heads. Upon reaching the first rooftop, I had given up my obfuscate, uncertain of whether he would be able to see my little tricks with it active. It might surprise him, just how close my chosen Haven was to the Church, yet none the less a burst of speed was given on that last rooftop before feet met the edge of the roof and I flung myself sky-borne. Looking like some dark shadowed creature of the night, my arms finally came together as my body twisted and cavorted mid air. Gloved hand, fingers deft and skilled would wrap around the lattices of my bedchambers balcony, my decent coming to a very quick halt.

Climbing up as silently as a Wraith, I vaulted over the railing and landed in a rather cat-like crouch. Stalking forward, fingers ran along the door, finding the latches and quirks that allowed it to be opened from the outside without tripping any of the less than friendly triggers that would more than likely be found by someone who was not welcome here. When the door quietly swung open, a hand would reach over my shoulder to motion for quietness as well. Not liking that I was doing this to him, but knowing that he deserved a warning, I let my mind reach out. Search and scan for that of the Gangrel who shared my bed and I his. Continuing to move even as I made that telepathic call,

~ Liam, I'm here with an...Unexpected guest. Apparently they're attempting to remove a problem to the city. As my most cherished Scourgling come upstairs and meet with us...Please ? Also try not to attack them please ? I'm not exactly sure what they are for a fact but if my ideas are anywhere near right...I don't want you or my house hurt ~

Should he decide to allow me entrance, if the reach out even connected that was, such was what my dear one would receive. Stripping free of the cloak it was tossed along the bed as I began to move about the room, pulling things from secret drawers and from behind panels that looked nothing more than decorative. My eyes would flick upwards then, questioningly. Both to see if he had followed as well as to see his reaction, more like to see what was taking him so long in giving the details of this job.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Up, over, around, and through. He was faster, each movement a show of precision, and strict muscle training. Half the time he leapt without being sure of where he was going to land, but that was where the fun came in. He didn't follow her exact trajectory, she was little more then a whisp and at time completely lost from sight. Still, he managed to follow her. Swinging fluidly over the railing a few moments after she arrived.

His gaze swept the room once she was inside, amused at all the pigeon holes she had found to squirril away her weapons. Amused, but not in the least surprised considering it wasn't a new habbit. Walking over he found a seat on a nearby dresser, and leaned back seemingly content to watch her.

"We, Kai, Kida and myself. Are after a Marauder. In case you havn't heard of this elusive creature, a Marauders is a mage that embodys the Dynamic in the metaphysical trinity, where the Technocracy embodies Stasis, the Nephandi embody Entropy, and the Traditions embody balance between the three. Their avatars are aligned as with the Wyld and so are they characterized by a kind of magickal insanity. No attempts to cure such mystical infirmity meet with any success, not technological, not magickal, not technomagickal. Rather, they are generally deported to beyond the veil, sometimes preferably as far as the deep umbra." His brow furrowed here, clearly not liking the next bit of information he was about to share. Not that he was hesitant to tell her, but that it was simple unpleasant to discuss."This policy is practiced by the Technocracy with religious fervor. Consensual reality is known to take the very same umbrage all by itself when the Marauder's mystical madness approaches certain excesses, and punts them automatically out of Mortalis." Dark blue shifted back in her direction, making sure she was still with him before he continued.

"Among the Marauder's aspects most popular among mages of other factions is their partial immunity to Paradox. While they can't completely shrug off the backlash from bending consensual reality to the extremes that they do, a certain amount of paradox rolls right off their backs, finding instead a convenient stool-pigeon to foot the bill on the Marauder's behalf." He shrugged, offering an apologetic flash of a smile. "This is where it gets interesting. The ole dine-and-dash never hurts so good as when the offender falls short of competence to stand trial. Typically, this Paradox affects other mages in the area, most often that mage that is closest. Thus, Marauders can not only make use of wild and flagrantly vulgar magic, but any mages in the area will bear part if not all of the blame. " He quirked a brow at her, and paused a moment, backing up to explain a little more. He knew Caleb had been around frequently in London, but there was no telling what, if anything he had explained about how his magic worked.

"Really understanding what a marauder is requires an understanding of Paradox, the backlash that reality inflicts on those who alter reality in radical ways. In principle, the greater the deviation and the larger the number of witnesses, the faster and more powerful the backlash. Paradox takes different forms, however, and one of these is a condition known as Quiet. When a mage enters Quiet, they suffer madness of the avatar; the part of them responsible for altering reality. Calebs griffin is a perfect example. The nature of a mage's Quiet is unique to that person, but while suffering from Quiet, mages sometimes create hobgoblins, magical phenomena arising from this madness of the avatar. For example, a mage who, in Quiet, believes that nearby shadows are whispering to him may inadvertently cause real audible whispers to emerge from nearby shadows."

He paused as the door across the room opened, and Liam walked through. The two men stared at one another silently for several moments, expressionless before Fynn broke the silence. "Good to see you again, Liam." The Gangrel flashed a bit of fang in what might have been a smirk.

"Did I interrupt something?" He inquired, glancing between them clearly picking up the silence he had strolled into.

"Just explaining to Eli why I'm in the city." Was the Fly-boy's casual response.

The vampire nodded, and closed the door behind him as he stepped inside. "By all means, continue." A spot was found on the short couch along the wall closest to him.

Fynn nodded once, and looked back toward Eli. "Conversely, the effects of an over-active quiet are somewhat different for the unawakened. A mage is awakened to the malleability of reality, which affords them opportunity to up and notice that, hey wait a sec, we weren't in Oz, or made of licorice just a second ago, oh, and by the way, that good witch Glenda over there, the one hanging on a rope from a mobile scaffold, she sure is being wheeled by at a convenient moment don't you think? Sleepers just end up participating in the tableau as extras or scenery or garnishes, and are none the wiser when the curtain falls. Imagine for the sake of illustration, and my own personal amusement, a high-powered, well-muscled wallstreet commodities broker, resplendent in his three-piece-suit/bulging-neck-vein glory. He's wading through the pedestrians in front of the New York stock exchange at seven A.M., yelling obscenities to his tiny radio, when suddenly he's wearing a leotard, a jaunty smile, and holding a swooning kitten lovingly to his ear against a backdrop of plastic snow flurries. He's nearing the end of the fabled Kitten Listening Dance while all around him pedestrians are now costumed after various fish and fowl, gesticulating suggestively with parsley and corn. Jeté, glissade, plié, fouetté, and all applaud the mournful bow of the mighty kitten listener, when suddenly he's a commodities broker again, not bowing, but picking up the radio he just dropped as the distortion on reality passes like a shadow unnoticed over the crowd behind him, and on down the sidewalk."

He paused a moment for comedic value, then continued, finally getting to the part that applied to the nights plans. "Obviously, this poses a problem. The man we are after is part of an organization called the Bai Dai. This group of murderous madmen vary considerably on their outlooks, but agree on one thing: genocide. Opinions differ on whom, in particular, is worthy of the privilege of extinction, but the Bai Dai are willing to work together to make sure no one is left to care. Probably the single most dangerous group of Marauders on Earth, the Bai Dai's terrifying ruthlessness is only matched by their complete lack of organization. The fact that w have one in our sights, offers us a rare opportunity for answers."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:57 pm

"Well and again at least be happy that none of you happy little campers are Mages, right, Fly-Boy ?"

Words were quip, but kept simple and without the bite I could have loosed behind them. Never before had I been so happy for my personal Zephyr to not be in Venice. The less people I had to worry over, the better. Not that Caleb couldn't take care of himself, but if Fynn was asking for help when he already had Kai and Kida on the pay-roll, there was a slight problem. I knew our time here was short, so while I let it remain clear that I heard his words, nodding acknowledgement or uttering a quiet hmm at what seemed appropriate times, I didn't allow it to stop me from prepping. Or at least gathering what I hoped was going to be useful.

Most of my blades were already in place, though I was not going so much for more of those as the things that were more for swift killing. Stopping before the first picture that Ice had painted for me, the one where I was dressed as the Lady Knight or was it perhaps Lady Night, I stared at it for a moment, eyes as always trying to perceive who that shrouded figure could possibly be. Shaking my head, I reached up and behind the frame, fingers deftly finding the swing latch. As it slipped forward, I moved behind it, it's height separating me from the Fly-Boy's line of vision. The spin of the combination being put into the safe would be almost non existent, even to my ears so it was doubtful that he would perceive it unless he came around to stand on this side with me.

"They've got to have a weakness, everything does. I doubt that it's silver like it would be for a Were, but it never hurts to go prepared. I owe Caleb's ass for knowing that, otherwise that rat mighta had me."

Both casual conversation and serious question in one, it was not so much meant as a rude interruption but rather as something that asked sooner rather than later would allow us to leave more quickly. When the safe swung open, two decent sized cases were removed before it was closed all over again. Baring the Hatter's insignia, they were something new that I had taken to training heavily with though the purchase would never be admitted to him or anyone who might go running back to tattle to him. Swinging the painting back in place, gloved fingers brushed at it almost fondly, before I moved and set the cases down on a table. Turning then to the wardrobe itself, I opened it revealing a much larger than expected space that was half Male and half Female attire. Fingers quickly perused it, eyes narrowed in consternation as several pieces were pulled out and flung across the bed. Then it too was closed, though this piece less gently and more with the heel of a booted foot. I was almost heading to move to the other room I’d need to gather from regardless when the door swung open across the room. I knew it wasn’t my Zephyr as he likely wouldn’t have even bothered with the door. Liam…

Please don’t let this go badly…Please, please, please, please…It was a mantra in my head, one that I couldn’t afford if what I was helping him with tonight was truly this big and bad. Eyes flashed between the two of them, more than ready to resort to my Kindred abilities if need be should the opportunity arise where words or physicality wasn’t enough. Thankfully it proved not to be required. Of course it would be the Fly-Boy and his devil may care attitude. He obviously needed my help enough for whatever reason to not want to risk my ire. Or maybe he was scared of Liam. The thought brought an almost fierce sort of smile to my lips as I glided towards where Liam had chosen to recline. Leaning enough to rub my cheek up along his, lips casually brushing his ear, the thank you was nearly wordless, more like mere mouthing of the words along his flesh. It wasn’t anything rude or blatantly sexual, more so a simple greeting. That was unless someone chose to take it out of context. There was silence though other than Fynn continuing his story as I went about removing my mask. One that would stick out like a sore thumb with my change of attire, I went to the wall where I rack hung that held several different ones. By the time he was done explaining I had made my choice and walked to sit it on the table beside the cases.

“It sounds like a bloody fun sort of romp as long as the Zephyr himself isn’t here. Though be aware Fly-Boy, Liam comes with me, should he choose to or you don’t get me. He and I have worked together for too long now that I’m not sure if I’d function at one hundred percent capacity otherwise. Should he not chose to, you’ll just have to hope you’ve got an ace up your sleeve that will compensate for me working with a new team.”

I had begun removing weaponry, laying them out on the table in almost horribly particular order. I had gotten through them and was on my way to that delightful sort of twisting to unbuckle my corset when I felt that gray kind of fuzzy sensation brush my mind again. I was no oracle per say but there were times where my little fiend liked to take sudden control and come out to spout something or other that was either entirely mad or disturbingly enlightening. Fingers clenched around the edge of the table, knees struggling not to buckle as that sing song voice came bleeding free of my lips. That of a six-teen year old girl and yet there was no way that any girl that young even in this time should have that maddened melody to it. No way that a girl that young should sound so absolutely pleased with the trilling of her oddities.

"Whisper in the yard and turn the trees all into toys,
Lay there on the ground and turn the dirt into your joy,
From what I see and what I know
It's all been boring lately so I suggest we trade a question mark in for a maybe,

Time your riddles right and make a point that has no sense,
Make sure that you're smiling and the money's been well spent,
Innocence and ignorance it all goes hand in hand,
I'm not sure that I'm right but I hope you'll understand"

Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 5:02 am

"It's weakness is that eventually it will do enough damage that Mortalis itself will spit them out into the void. The problem is that if he is near a populated area when that happens, he is going to take sleepers with him." There was a determined light that flashed through those dusky eyes upon the next words. "That can not be allowed to happen." There, that was one of the unspoken differences, occasionally the carefree fly-boy looked almost haunted. The grey foggy distance that crept across midnight blue cleared suddenly as he folded it away. "The plan is to catch his attention and lead him out of the city. Before he self destructs..."

-----

"Great, so your plain is what? Get it to chase you and distract it until it spontaneously combusts? What happens to the people that are around it when that happens? Something bad I'd imagine, considering your eagerness to get him clear of the civilians." Liam's voice wasn't angry, but his questions were pointed. However his lips hadn't parted to offer perspective, until after Eli had greeted him, and told Fynn that he would be going with them if he wished to. It meant more then it should have, that she went to those lengths to make sure he didn't feel excluded. He had spent enough time with her to recognize the silent gesture.

Question was, would he let his pride get in the way of it? Was he could to pout and decide that she was only doing it because she felt sorry for him. He chuckled within his own head, no, no he wasn't going to do that. It was a bigger blow to his ego to not be able to suck it up. Especially considering that Fynn seemed perfectly capable of working with him. Bastard.

-----

"If you think I under sold the risk, allow me to clarify." He was looking at the Gangrel now, and Eli who was collecting the last few things. "I invited you assuming you knew anything I was doing would probably be dangerous, considering my reputation and line of work. Going with me is probably a terrible idea, and it is likely that in our attempt to stop him we too might find ourselves sucked into the void." His voice fairly rang under the weight of how serious he was. "The best idea would be for you to just get the hell out of Venice. However, knowing Eli I figured my options were either extend the invitation, or stumble across her there. Besides, she could handle herself before. Now, now she's a dagger cloaked in satin."

His head turned when she began to speak, brows furrowing at the words.

-----

Liam narrowed storm grey eyes on the agent, undecided on exactly how he felt about this sudden burst of shining honesty that came flowing from Fynns lips. Seemed like an answer too easily gained. Of course it might be paranoia that his suspicion fed from but he listened to it all the same. His gut said be careful, so that's exactly what he would do. If the fly boy expected him to just step aside, he would be sorely diss appointed.

Again he moved to speak, but found himself interrupted before the sound ever left his mouth. Rolling to his feet he half closed the distance between them before stopping, close enough that he could catch her should she collapse under the weight of the vision.

"Eli?" He called her name softly, bidding her to return to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:58 pm

"I hope that you're still searching for the start that has no end,
And all the plastic people have now become your friends,
Before you start to drift and your soul begins to scream,
I just wanted to tell you that you're only listening to a dream"

Gun metal and gray. As head would rise, those last words floating free in a voice that would wrap around both of them, eyes were shot through with enough forceful red to let them know, though most especially the Gangrel that I was not one hundred percent home right now. Fingers twisted in complex fashion, arms moving finally to release those buckles, the fastenings being released allowing for the corset to simply fall away. Feet would carry free of the pool of material, leaving the upper half of my body bared to view. To the bed, slink of black mesh like material being raised and tugged over head. Body would move again then and for a moment it wasn't my eyes that saw, nor a mixture of black and garnet and amber that clung as I was in mid state of changing. For that brief flash of time it was all white. Pristine and maddeningly pure that flowed around us as we spun for the two watching us.

"We'll go. It's been too long since we've run to do more than simply run. He's offering us a chance to both hunt and be hunted. Besides, my Angel, do we not hold certain...Duties to the city ? It would displease the Justicar, don't you think were it to be found out that there were something we could have done but turned it down because we were scared ? And why worry ? I trust you to protect me and you should trust me...Don't you ?"

Fingers dipped then into the waist of pants that were far from appropriate for the work at hand. Both of us knew that, though she, the fiend missed that white dress. Pushed over hips and shoved down thighs, pale skin was reveled quickly, essential areas covered by enough to cause the mind to wander. Left there on the floor, it was instead simple black that had been chosen next. Midnight leather that was uninterrupted by frill or flesh. Pulled into place, seemingly almost tighter than what had come before. Then for the corset that would right over the mesh itself. That would require help. Quiet, almost, disappointed sigh could be heard before the fiend made the decision to behave and go back inside her cage. Body shook, limbs rattled with tremors for a moment, though I did not go to my knees. That much she would not take from me.

"Time has to be running short though and I apologize about the intermission, however brief it may have been. Now someone tighten these for me so I can finish getting dressed and we can head out. The night isn't getting any younger and I'd rather get this done before Zephyr decides to return again without warning. Otherwise Gods know he'll be as bad as I am about wanting in on this and I doubt that any of my skills will work to convince him otherwise."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:50 pm

Fynn snorted at the mention of Caleb, though there was no indication of disagreement either. The Son of Ether would have demanded to come along, so they should be going sooner rather then later. "So, like I mentioned. We have a location for him just outside of the city, off the coast. On a rather lovely ship called the Marlin. We are meeting up with Kida and Kai at a predetermined location and will be going over last minute plans there. We have to get in, and kill him before he ever knows we are aboard."

He kept explaining, but his eyes were set on Eli, and he hadn't picked up until after her beast had relinquished it's hold on her. Such strange words, though it could have been anything. A song, a poem, some ancient epic ballad. It could have been from the madness network itself. Two metaphysical lines crossing within her head.

His feet carried him to the window, clearly intent upon leading them across the city.

----

Liam also didn't look away from her either, her words memorized as they graced his ears. Her beast's presence was never especially welcome, but she didn't typically show herself for no reason. A fact he had silently taken to heart over the last four-hundred or so nights spent with her.

Much as he wanted to do otherwise, he kept his distance from her in front of Fynn. Taking the few minutes to double check he had the few items he always carried. Their weight could be felt in the proper places, so there was no pocket dance preformed by the Gangrel. If Eli moved after Fynn he followed, quiet as her shadow for the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:34 pm

They would never get along. It would take luck and Gods alone knew what else to keep them even working together in an agreeable fashion. But Heaven forbid one of them got hurt because they were too stubborn to see what was right there. It was a good thing I was flexible, otherwise getting this corset done up right would have been an actually unemployable challenge. Fingers were swift, a bit of preternatural speed being applied to have it done and over with. Even as it was being done, booted feet carried me to where the cases had been set. Ever since that first night in Venice when I'd unexpectedly needed to use Caleb's firearm, I'd come to find that in certain situations I enjoyed them. Flipping the latches, the sleek, specially designed set was drawn free. The barrels checked, the triggers locked securely in place so that I didn't end up blowing my own bloody leg off while moving, they were each tucked away along my thighs. Then from along side the indentations where they had rested so snugly, extra rounds were taken and slipped into secure inner pockets. Taking a delightful little mix of ammunition, one never knew what they might need.

Another flash of speed had me down the hall, a slender leather book looking package being unfurled upon a flat surface. Vials and tubes were extracted, the stoppers on a few removed and seemingly sniffed at before being either replaced into their original home or claiming a new one on my person. It was all done with a surprising quickness, my lovely little fiend finally deciding to simply pace quietly within her cage rather than continuing to rear her ugly little head in business that wasn't hers while proving nothing more than a fanciful distraction. Closing everything back up so that nothing looked a whit out of place, I glided instead towards the balcony. Choosing not to go out the window, I waited until outside to brush my mind against Liam's. I wasn't sure exactly how to broach this, but it needed to be done before things got out of hand. Before we got to that ship and one of them died because of their differences. Keeping them as careful as I could while still brooking the point that needed be done, softly glowing eyes surveyed the darkness as nostrils scanned the nearby scents ascertaining that all was well and as it should be.

*Liam... I know you don't like him and I'm not asking you to. Yet for the sake of this job, I need you to not let him die should the opportunity arise. Once we get everything said and done, do as you will. It's not so much memories that I help him on this for, but simply the fact that this will start affecting Kindred at some point and I'll be damned if I'm going to let some freak terrorize my city.*

While I didn't directly look at him, the words were whispered in the same mental voice that I used when we were alone. The one that would brush over his mind like whiskey and velvet. The very same one that had been created the first time I'd trusted him enough to allow him access into the deeper recesses of my own mind. As hard as the last portion of the words had been to speak, even think, they were true and that much I let him feel as well, should he decide to hear and acknowledge me. While I let him make that decision, my eyes did cut back to wherever it was that the Fly Boy stood at. The softest of nods would be given before I simply stepped up onto the balcony and used it as a spring board. While I may not know the exact location on the coast, there was only so many locations it could be. If I should be headed in the wrong direction, I would only think that he would nudge me otherwise. My first movement had gloved hands capturing the edge of the nearest roof, body cavorting with the night air as easily as I did with Liam. Carrying my weight up and over, booted feet were utter silence, leaving less noise than even a mouse as i cleared the shingled path before launching myself heavenward once more.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 4:03 pm

~It's not like I don't have a history of working with people I don't like. I will endeavor to keep pointy things, and flying metal out of him, because it would hurt you to see him harmed. That and my personal code wont let me just abandon someone I'm going into battle with. So don't worry your pretty little head.~ Liam's voice rolled back to her like silver fog, and he landed beside her long enough to flash a cheeky grin at the last part of it. He wasn't lost to anger, in fact it seemed the possibility of combat had cheered him up significantly.

---

No jet pack, but the fly-boy seemed to have kept his wings all the same. Making jumps, and climbing as if it were no strain whatsoever, despite his increase in size. It what seemed like no time, they found themselves on the coast. Or more on a deer trail, just beyond the range of the last few lingering street lamps.

"Not much farther" He assured them, continuing at a swift lope through the woods that hugged the beach. The surf was loud, more then enough to cover any sound, even if they had been crashing through the brush. Perhaps twenty minutes later, a spot of fire could be seen in the distance. Five minutes after that they broke the tree line and looked down into a valley. Before them stood a small seemingly private shack with a few horses tied out front.

It was a squat building. In fact, looking close it seemed that it was in the process of sinking into the mud. Upon approach it seemed the shed didn't appear to have a door, just a circular window that offered the only opportunity for entrance. Reaching out he used a small key to unlock it, the keyhole hidden in a small crack on one side of the frame. Once several clicks sounded, detectable if ears were keen. A grin was flashed over his shoulder to Eli, and he pushed it open as he moved through it.

Inside, a good ten feet below the window, a huge attic stretched out and on the far side a staircase led further down. From the look of the loft, the place was at least moderately sized. "Delightful isn't it?" He spoke as he crossed the rafters, steps smooth as if he had done it a hundred times before. "Used to be a manor house until it sank. Dark as sin in here without candles, or gas lighting. But it's so easy to over look, no one pays any attention to a sad old shack in the woods. Not with Venice little more then a few miles beyond."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Some things at least it seemed were meant to work, even if they were the ones that were the least expected. Then again, I should remember that Liam had always been the more rational minded of them. I kept some thoughts sheltered from his sight though most was left open to his perusal should he so choose. Most specifically were the thoughts pertaining to his words about the Fly Boy. There was the whispered kiss to his lips as we traveled, the mental thanks for his consideration for whatever pain it might cause to me, however great or small it might be. That and my own brand of unique appreciation for his moral code which was one day going to get him very hurt. A level of hurt that I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle any better than I had...Such morbid thoughts were cut off, neither the fiend nor I having any desire to jinx the little tea party that we were going to. So as we traveled, I simply left my mind, my thoughts open to him. Not out of a sense of fear that we might not walk out of this, but simply because it was natural to now especially when our Zephyr was not here to fly at our side.

*I should have thought about that considering our first meeting of all things. Even then I found you beautiful you know. Wrapped around him as pathetically as I was, there was still something about you that called to me. Perhaps I should tell you this as well. If things go badly now, do NOT sacrifice yourself for him because you think it will cause me less pain. If you have to abandon him, Gods be damned, do it.*

He was very gently ushered to the very fringes of my mind then, his silver misted form being left standing beside my own that never remained the same for long. The only thing that remained true was the bite of shadow that seemed to ever and always cling. The Bittersweet scent that danced and scampered along my form, a mark that both my fiend and I were anxious for what was to come. A burst of speed would have me ending at the tree line of this newest, earth bound path a few moments before the both of them, though through it all I stood ensconced by the kiss of night, not once pushing myself far enough to reveal myself to any who may be watching unseen from the clearing.

This was Fly Boy's gig so I'd be damned if he wouldn't set foot into this first. While I was sorely tempted to use more than just natural means to cloak both myself and Liam, I had to trust that if Fynn was just strolling up as if he owned the place, there was no need for it yet. He had been amazing to watch, even half-hearted as it may have been while we'd traveled the rooftops to get here. He may no longer carry that damned jet pack but he still did seem quite capable of flying in his own way and I wasn't sure what exactly I thought about that. While I had my ideas of what some of the changes meant, I didn't have enough information to be anywhere near content and some instincts were too long ingrained to go against. As I carefully, cautiously followed him, letting none of my unease filter through in my actions, I kept my senses open far more than may have been wise knowing how that could backfire at times. If this was some trap, then I'd be damned if I wasn't going to make sure we had the time, at least Liam had the time to get out. I was the one who had said we would do this, thus I would be the one to take the fall if it all went bad. Knowing him the way I did and that he would never leave much less stay gone, I considered it a good defensive tactic at the very least.

My brow furrowed slightly at this place he was leading us up to, then further still at the odd design of it. Trained eyes couldn't help but scan the place, confusion and wariness at war with my curiosity which as usual won out. The brow furrowed even further behind the shadow of the mask that was still solidly in place as the damned Male looked back at me and grinned as if I should be proud of him or proud of something...Or God knows whatever fool idea it was running through his mind. I couldn't help but admire the cleverness of it though as my ears did indeed pick up the mechanisms working inside. Feet would carry my inside after him once I had scanned to make sure that Liam was still nearby, my eyes widening with surprised pleasure once I saw the inside. The crisscrossing of the rafters had a part of me itching to be flash and pizzazz instead of simply crossing them. More than that it tugged at something within me to play upon them, though now was far from the proper time. So somehow, though I was quite unsure of the exact way, I managed to restrain myself, and simply hold to that graceful, almost predatory glide that I was beginning to adapt mine to from seeing Liam's.

"Then again, dark as sin, dark as the Styx itself, some of us don't need light to see. Though I don't think you ever intended to have the two of us here, now did you, Fly Boy ?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:04 pm

He could not have been more surprised then if the king of Norway had appeared out of thin air, and struck him across the face with a still wriggling fish. He damn near lost his footing, catching himself with a flash of those silver bladed wings and a rather helpful air current. He landed easily enough, and snapped them away, metal whispering against metal as they whisked away out of sight. A few feet in their city long race across Venice, were lost but nothing that couldn't be regained. It was several moments, the length of a span of heartbeats he no longer had before he answered her. ~Understood.~

He was no poet, there was little room to make that mistake, and even less for him to be able to deny it. She deserved poetry, but she would have to settle for his crystle clear, almost immediate understanding of all the million little things those words meant, and what it had probably cost her to say them.

He too had approached the shack with a measure of caution, but from the sounds of the night birds, and the occasional rustle in the bushes there seemed to be little concern that they would be ambushed. Outside.
In a blatant abuse of his own powers, he simply kept his pace and burst into mist when he reached the window. The fog rolled into the building, reforming as he moved so that it never appeared that he broke stride. Long step returning him to the parade across the rafters and further down into the building. ~Hell of a spot for an ambush. Regardless of what side he's on. Might want to tell him to be careful.~

---

Fynn hit the top of the stairs, and descended them two at a time, clearly familiar with the building and it's layout. The door at the bottom was opened with a complex looking key that was more circular then it was long. Beyond laid a hallway that stretched out into the dark in either directions. Doors spaced fairly evenly apart. Straight ahead across the threadbare carpet about fifteen feet from the door was a railing that overlooked three stories before the open space on the ground floor was visible. There laid several large tables pushed together, a half dozen chairs, and the soft glow of several oil lamps.

~No, if I had I would have pick someplace a little less...~ His eyes glanced around at the old sunken mansion. ~Old.~ He finally finished with a smirk. "Meet you two at the bottom, try not to land on the tables." He offered as the smirk grew into a cheeky grin and he hopped over the rickety railing and plunged the forty or so feet to 'ground' level. The sound was a little large in the mostly empty building , but otherwise he appeared unhurt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 2:42 am

It was beautiful in him, that unexpectedness from my mentally spoken words. I had seen it, even if I had not let onto it. I saw much about my lover these days, ever since that moment in the church when he had spoken the truth of his heart to me finally and with a vast clarity. It wasn't as if I had never cared for him, more like I hadn't wanted to admit it. Had been scared to love another that way only to loose them like I had Gabriel or Fynn. I had cared more about him than I wanted to admit, especially as time had passed and he had proven himself to me over and over again. It was all the same thoughts that had circled my mind time and time again until it had nearly driven me mad. I meant them though. With a surety that was iron clad in it's conviction. That was the rub of it all though. The moment that you made that acceptance, that the emotions were truth and not just some want, or some mirage...Then you became vulnerable. They became as much an asset as they were a vulnerability. Though most times the latter tended to be prevalent rather than the former. Such thoughts as those were kept private though as I had no desire for him to see just how torn his words had left me. Or just how quickly I would sacrifice myself to protect him. So instead I focused on the task at hand. That was then though and this was now.

We were inside, me with my mixed desires of looking professional but also that desire to let myself loose and swing like a damned monkey from those rafters. Old as they may be, they'd easily hold my weight. Liam's words had a snicker, unbidden escaping my lips as I gave the place, at least this level of it another thorough look over. His flagrant use of his Clan's gift had the smile teasing at my lips growing more certain, the shadows hiding it though I knew he'd feel it, much as he felt a lot of the things I tried to kept hidden. I didn't think he had done it to show off, or to try to one up Fynn, but none the less it had some deeper, some primal feminine part of my being preening. Especially when he came out of it so smoothly and began to move deeper into the structure as if he owned it. Eat that Fly Boy. I couldn't help but look for a second and simply watch him move. All Male. All power. Predator not so subtly wrapped in silver shroud and magnificence. He belonged on a throne, over looking a court somewhere. No. Better yet he belonged in the wilds with a pack running beneath his fist. What little I knew of the Shifters was to know that my darling Liam would have possibly made even a better wolf than he made a Vampire. The thought was vaguely unsettling the more I pondered it, thus it was shuffled away for another time. That and the desire I suddenly had to commit a new painting for the young Ice. He would come to life on the canvas he would. He would make a grand image, a veritable Sistine Chapel of the flesh, so very striking he would be if one were ever to capture him.

Thus it was I followed downwards, the darkness a kind that I felt unquestionably comfortable in. I did not call upon my gift from Liam until the last possible moment as some part of me enjoyed the darkness more than I liked to admit. Some part of me that had been birthed before my embrace and then only multiplied in my waking as a Vampire. These new doors on this revealed hallway left me feeling a vague disquiet, as if I half expected some form of Bogey man to spring from them at any given moment. Thus my steps were kept swift and as silent as I was capable. Call it superstition call it caution, either one worked fine with me. I was fidgeting with one of my newer devices when we came upon that railing and it's next drop into yet another level. It was all a maze of sorts, one that I could have spent an eternity exploring to find all of the secrets to and still likely end up never finding all of them. Looking over to see what lay below, I was just distracted enough for the Fly Boy's mental voice brushing across my mind to catch me off guard. Several memories came rushing at me then, slamming into my barriers with a jarring force. My eyes closed, unneeded breath hissing through clenched teeth. Shaking my head to clear them, my eyes opened just in time to see him drop over. The hand shooting out to stop him was instinctive, some old part of me remembering him still as a mortal and the damage it would thus do to him. Seeing him land, unharmed, a quiet growl filtered from my lips as my fingers closed into a tight, almost painfully so fist.

A muttered curse was given, no actual distinction to it as I turned and simply flung myself backwards over the rickety guard rail. For a split second, my arms were left open and embracing the air as if they were wings that would break my fall. Then eyes narrowed, one solitary arm raising as there was a quiet snit of something being released. Metal prongs caught the wood of the flooring rather than the rail as thin cord fed out from the well oiled wheel on my wrist. Timing it just right, there was a sudden stop seconds before I would have hit the ground with jarring impact. Hanging there, still obviously suspended, however slight a distance it may be, glowing crystal and scarlet eyes went to look back up to see Liam's descent when words, unexpected began to tumble from my lips.

Peer through the shattered looking glass and tell me what you see
Is it the light or the dark side of thee
Can you see the wicked with a beauty of pure innocence
Or do you see an open spirit perfecting radiance
To understand that all are more alike than you may think
Something special is shared as cores alight in sync
A gift, a curse, depending upon it's use
And in solid stone forever are destinies fused
Forever can be a harsh word when forged with hate
Though hate would shift to love if only it weren't too late
One took the clean cut path that was given out of spite
The wish to be an equal created with a darkness to the light
The other took to the dirt road which turned to a hope so sacred
The loyalty to enemies shows the love to the hatred
Do you claim the light or the dark
Peer through the shattered looking glass...And tell me what you see

Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:40 pm

Straightening he turned to look at Eli, listening aptly to her words. There was a curious look on his face a moment before he turned and ducked. His thoughts, whatever they were, put temporarily on hold to avoid the fist sized chunk of plaster that came flying in his direction. Leaving the projectile to shatter harmlessly on the far wall. Before he did anything else he spun and held a hand out to keep either Eli or Liam from launching into combat mode. "Its fine." Came his confirmation, though the corners of his mouth were twitching, apparently he found a bit of amusement though exactly what caused it was, as always, impossible to tell.

"You know my aim is improving."
This came from further back in the shadows, and it was most definitely not Fynn's voice. This one flowed out as a smokey feminine alto, accompanied by the appearance of a fourth individual. It would seem that they weren't alone, though her attack on Fynn seemed more playful then genuinely violent. Hematite orbs shinning feral for a moment in the light of the oil lamps. "Bout damn time you got back, I got details on his location on the ship." Her words were shaped by a flowing Russian accent. Her grasp of English was perfect, but clearly not the first language she had learned. Curly blonde hair was pulled back out of her fact by the strap of the goggles that rested atop of her head. Lean frame was clad in fur, and a strange leather armor that allowed her to move without being impeded by its bulk.

Glancing over his shoulder in her direction, the fly-boy smirked. "Eli, Liam. Allow me to introduce my partner Alexandria."

"Alex." She corrected him, like it was second nature. Those dark grey eyes turned from him to the two new figures. "Wasn't expecting company, but I'm guessing your Eli?" Attention shifted to the man standing beside the malkavian. "Blonde hair, blue eyes, predatory stance. I bet that would make you Liam. It's a pleasure."

---

Liam hopped over the top of the railing, and landed without pomp or circumstance. Straightening up he turned to focus on Eli as she began to speak. It wasn't until her words finished that he had cause to cut his eyes across the room as Fynn ducked and the new figure appeared. There was no flicker of kinship, or anything soft and friendly in his eyes when she was finally introduced. The most she got for her guess at his name was a curt nod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: England :: Steampunk-
Jump to: