The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 5:20 pm

"Elizabeth, not Eli."

The sound of wood splintering was more than clear as the fanged prongs were ripped free from their lodging overhead, the cord seeming to almost scream in the otherwise quiet as it returned to my extended arm. A thank you card would have to be Sent to Hatter Industries, as the tool was a grand thing, working just as well as I could have hoped. It was also a more than explainable distraction, a focus for me to try to gather my thoughts once more at this newest little revelation. Bars went down around my mind, a veritable prison wall encircling my thoughts, either one of them that might have still been brushing against it sent out with a violence that had not been my style for quite some time. It was a good thing I had been too busy with my own actions to try to block him from that chunk of plaster otherwise I might have taken it and shoved it down that cocky, arrogant throat of his.

"Bad form Fly-Boy, bad form. I don't care what chirpy you're currently snogging this week, but next time you could do the courtesy of informing us that there's going to be someone else about. Else wise one of these times you're not going to be quick enough to clarify that she's not a target. Twitchy fingers and all, remember ?"

Words were kept so deceptively neutral as they fell from my lips that even I was surprised at myself for a moment. The natural camaraderie, the playfulness between them tore at something that had weaseled it's way back inside my very being the first moment that I had heard his voice again. I did not shake, not a single bit though I wanted to, whether from anger or some undeserved sense of hurt was unknown. All I knew was that I was thankful for the mask and the scant protection it afforded me from any would be prying eyes. Some misguided form of agony wracked at my memories, the remembrance of such similar actions between Fynn and I once upon a time hardening my resolution upon this matter. Keeping my back to the two of them until I was sure that my eyes were as neutral as my tone, I made an excuse for it out of walking passed where Liam had landed, gloved hand brushing ever so delicately along his shoulder. I hated this and he would know it, but in that brief second, I silently begged for his help. For anything that would keep me focused while here. Trusting that hew knew me well enough to understand my unspoken cry for help,

"So Alex, being as it would seem the Fly-Boy hasn't changed his colors one whit, do be a good Ducky and share with the rest of the class what little tid-bits you went and dug up while he was off lolly gagging about. Unless of course you're going to chose to keep us in the dark which if that's the case, I do believe I can show myself back out."

A chair had been claimed up by this point, it's back being swung about to rest a few scant inches from one of the tables. Shadow clad form was dropped down into it, arms crossing along it's back as my chin dropped down to settle atop them. Long boot clad legs wrapped around those of the chair as fingers began to tap out a random beat along the table in front of me.

Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:35 am

She snapped those smoky eyes in Eli's diction as the vampire spoke, her surprise at how rude it was voiced with a laugh. Though not exactly like she thought it was funny. "Well, good to see you wont be bothering to play nice." She shrugged and glanced at Fynn who had been looking between the two of them since Alex had spoken the names of each vampire aloud to affirm they were who they appeared to be. Now, as she caught his eye he shook his head once telling her to let it drop.

For a moment Alex didn't seem any more pleased with the agent then the malkavian herself. "What? You get to dictate this to? If you didn't want there to be a fight, then you should have done as Elisabeth suggested and informed her the place wasn't empty." Those dark eyes flashed back to Eli. "As for you. I'm his professional partner, as in we work for the same people. So feel free to take a moment and peel the green mask off your face, because I'm not banging your ex. Not that it would matter considering you seem to have moved on." She gestured to Liam, and followed the movement with her gaze. "I wouldn't dream of categorizing your relationship, but even a coma patient could cut the tension in the air between you two with a knife. That being said, if were done with the emotional bullshit. I'd like to get to why your actually here."

Fynn quirked a brow when she looked back at him. "Why are they here? This is a closed investigation. You know that means no civvies, including your former girlfriend. Z Is gonna be pissed." Finally he managed to look sheepish. "I ran into her at the church when I went to talk to Kai and Kida." Alex stared dubiously at him until he continued. "She holds a position in the Justicar's court, she protects the city anyway. Not to mention she's damn skilled." She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose with her thumb and forefinger. When she spoke again it was in Russian, leading to a conversation between them that lasted only a few seconds. Alex's words immediately after were in english. "I've oot the blueprints for the ships layout from it's original owner. Made easy since Mr. Troy killed him about a week ago from the look of the corpse still curled in his bed around his wife who, as it turns out, was bound to the bed and left to starve to death in the arms of her already dead husband."

Fynn sat down in a chair across the table from Eli, his left fist tightening into a fist with enough ferocity that the sound of tendons popping could be heard. The damage healed quickly enough, but the pain helped stave off his rage.

---

Liam wrapped an arm around her as she stepped up to him, taking a moment to drop a kiss onto her shoulder. Those cold eyes level on Fynn with the action. The gesture so liquid that it appeared to any viewers like it was an old habit, done so frequently that it had become second nature. His fingers lingered as she stepped away from him, trailing first along the curve of her hip, then along the small of her back.

When she sat down he moved to lean on a pillar at her back, watching it for her while she watched them. Not speaking in response to Alex's words, but a low, nigh imperceptible growl did reverberate out of his chest and past those sinfully full lips. A promise that he would not be forgetting the slights she offered his companion.
Back to top Go down
https://silverpaths.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:44 pm

"Seems like ye were misinformed again there, Ducky. Playing nice isn't my forte."

Liam's touch had indeed been soothing but as always there was the telltale shiver that came along with it. It was kept minor, buried away for the moment but not out of appreciation for it. It had taken time for the natural to come, but even from the beginning he had been able to send a thrill through me. I just had never expected it would come to this. To me begging him for help against the one person who I had yet to stop loving. Even what I had felt for Gabriel had faded after time to something that resembled a small blossom resting in the depths of a shadowed woods. It was free of my restrain but I was also free of the stranglehold that it had held upon for me for so long. Why then could it not be the same with the Fly-Boy ? The purr that it had earned him was quiet, though none the less noticeable, and while some might expect otherwise, it was not a sexual thing so much as a sensual. A connection between two who were both lover and friend, not just one or the other.

The chair could only contain me for so long though, her words waking a fine frenzy beneath my skin and within my mind. Unsure as to whether it was her words of her relationship with the Fly-Boy, or rather the lack thereof, or my inter-workings with Liam...Then there was as well the words that she spoke of the way the bodies had been found. Lest we not forget the fact that she had so adroitly hit near perfectly on as to why my words held quite the bite that they did. Given another time, another place, another set of circumstances, I might actually be able to appreciate the similarities that I had already seen, few and far between as they may be. For now though, it took much of my restraint not to prove just how catty I could be and launch myself across the room to tear that smug look from her face. There she sat thinking she had any right to talk about circumstances she held no clue of whatsoever. Emotional bullshit, ha. Everyone had their issues, their weaknesses, and the other woman in the room had just made her first mistake. I made a mental vow then and there to find hers and exploit them against her when she was at her lowest.

"So all he told you was that I was a former girlfriend ? For shame, Fly-Boy. But if ye are afraid that us civvies will slow ye down or get your toes pissed on by your boss, I already know enough to do this on my own rules. Ye've only chased your quarry here, Venice is my city and I'll be damned if I'll let some hoity toity, rules following, superior's ass kissing female stop me from making sure it's kept safe. Besides I owe a certain Zephyr a safe city to return to. As to whatever position I hold or don't hold, that is not your place to be speaking about anymore than apparently it was yours to be picking up extra hands for this job. Though it does sound very much like this Mr Troy person of yours would have made out swimmingly with a few vampires I knew once. Everything aside, ye can either take the extra eyes and hands and run this bastard into the ground quicker, thus risking less casualties both civvies and non. Or I can walk out the door and you risk adding another enemy to your paper work.

The words were quietly spoken, the tumult in my mind carefully held in check as I had pushed from the chair at the beginning of it to begin pacing. Much as this place would be fun, at the moment it was feeling like an oversize cage. I found myself missing Casey, the other woman's calming influence and sage advice one that I could sorely use at the moment. Yet latest I knew of her was that she was still somewhere in London, or wherever it was that Gavin and crew still called home. It paused me in my steps, thinking of what she would say, and of the tall, lanky Male who protected her with such severity that it would likely one day claim his life. Or perhaps not. Casey was an exceptionally strong woman and had been becoming more and more able to handle her own with each passing day. That was when it came to me. Like a strike of lightning, it had a grin curling at the corner of my lips as I turned and walked back to the table. Retaking my original position, a gloved hand reached across to where the other woman was.

"I think we got off on the wrong footing, you and I. You can call me Eli and maybe we can make this thing happen before anyone else ends up running afoul of this situation."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?   Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Self-Deception ; A PoV, or Something More ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: England :: Steampunk-
Jump to: