The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Freedom at Unknown Cost

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Freedom at Unknown Cost Empty
PostSubject: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:10 pm

Her voice was like music to my ears. A symphony of sounds that I would never grow tired of. Her fingers were strands of molten silk that reached through the bars of my gilded cage to stroke along my body with reverence as if I were a God on high to be worshiped and fawned over. If I had been a God, I would have put an end to the screams that I heard coming from within the darker corners of the room. The cries and begs for mercy that haunted my every waking moment. That was not to begin speaking of the things they did to my sleeping moments, few and far between as they may be. Most of my people were dead now. Long gone, and the few that remained were little more than husks of the proud Bastet they once had been. I had failed them. Both in allowing for the capture as well as having been unable to set us free at any point during our enslavement. If I had given myself over to her, would it have really mattered ?

There had been whisper that a young woman had arisen within the city. A descendant of the great Mother cat herself that was rising to her own power. Zymara had been angry over that, her rage spilling over onto all of those that she held like a violent storm rolling over the land. My greatest hope was that someone would find us here, free us that we might meet this woman and if she was what I hoped, that we might band together with her, that she might be the key needed to my people's salvation. Yet none had come. Not human, not Shifter, not even the Kindred whom I normally had little love for. At this point I would have accepted help from anyone, everything. I could not remember the last time that I had felt the earth beneath my feet, nor the air across my back. My eyes closed as her hand caressed my body further, her all too skilled fingers attempting to draw a response from my loins. Thankfully, it was as it had been for many moons now, my body refusing to rise to her demands.

She rose in a flurry of silk and pale cherry blossom flesh that never failed to strike lust within the body of the other Males here as well as some of the Females. her anger was a nearly palpable force that threatened to drive me back against the bars that held me here. Yet I did not give. Even as it vibrated along my body, had my limbs shaking with the need to capitulate to her will, I refused to bow. Her words were low, uttered in a tongue which I knew none of before she swept from the room, her entourage of trusted following behind her like the good little servants that they were. When she was finally gone, and only then did I allow my body it's release. Lowering to my knees, my forehead settled against the cage. Long dusty gold hair fell around me hiding the eyes that spit my hatred for her. Yet even hatred could only fuel me for so long. I would sooner or later need an outlet. A way to set free everything that I had bottled up within me, or I would finally cave beneath her command. Had the Mother forsaken us was my last thought before I found myself drifting in a plane of grey and red.

I knew not how long had passed before I felt myself being moved. Hushed voices whispering swiftly, furtively as I realized clothing was being forced on my uncooperative limbs. lethargic to the point of being unable to struggle, no matter how much my dazed mind wished it, I suddenly tasted air. The fresh, or as fresh as it was in this city tang hit my lips, causing me to almost gasp in relief. It was a sweet burn that had me throwing my head back, eyes going wide against the sky that was fading into twilight. By the time I had looked around to see who it was that had brought me out, much less where I was, they were gone. The only thin left with me was what looked like a black AmEX card and a scrap of paper affixed to it. Flipping the sheet open, I took to mind the set of numbers before shredding the paper and letting the pieces fly to the breeze. The card was tucked with a surprising deftness into my back pocket, my body seeming to respond quite well to this new found freedom, however unexpected it may be.

Running fingers back through my hair, I looked down at myself and was pleased to see, however mundane it may be that the clothes they had put me in not only fit, but were ones that I couldn't argue with. Then again as long as it had been since I'd been able to wear anything, I wouldn't be arguing if they were nothing but sackcloth and ash. They were of good cut and matching quality, the lines of both shirt and jeans fitting well to the body that I had at least been allowed, no, demanded to keep in top form. Stonewashed blue jeans draped over my legs that were long enough to have me standing above most Males I knew, the white shirt seeming almost plastered to the torso that was something many a model would be envious of. Eyes were narrowed as I quickly scanned the area, only to find myself in a section of what I assumed to be the downtown area. I could see the Bay not far from here, the only clue to where I possibly stood being as I'd never had the opportunity to be into the city under my own power. Glistening silver eyes for a moment reverberated with varying shades of green before settling into a potent, lightning hue that whispered of the internal storm that was my Beast.

A beast that was anything but pleased with this newest predicament as my feet began to carry me not towards the bay but rather away from it, though what I hoped to achieve, or even a destination, I knew not.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:07 am

She walked the streets, earbuds settled comfortably into place. The tail end of a song that dated back before the war. Skrillex 'Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites' Dubstep had not lost it's appeal to everyone. Since first hearing the song she had named it as the theme song to Fahllyn itself. Not that she had mentioned that to anyone. The last line of the song 'Look at me I'm a coward to. You don't need to hide my friend, for I am just like you.' pulled a grin from her, as she found herself yet again appreciating how terribly appropriate the words were. Everyone in the city was hiding in their own way.

Understandably. After all, who wants the world to recognize that they are weak? Who wants to admit that their just like everyone else? So they all donned their feathers and soared heavenward, in a hellbent race to see who could be the first to reach the sun.

That was good, she would have to write that one down.

As if Fahllyn itself wanted to accentuate her mental ramblings, a pair of cars whipped past her. Speeding off bumper even with bumper along the still wet streets of the city. Taking cover behind a parked car, she managed to avoid the spray of water that swelled up in their wake.

Standing, she flipped the drivers the bird and continued walking, straightening her clothing out as she went. The soft jingle from the chains on her bondage pants whispered around her as she moved. Heavy boots quiet against the concrete, held tightly to her feet by royal purple laces. A narrow, but curvy upper torso was hugged with a deep indigo corset, covered in black lace detailed with roses and spiders. Showing a bit of skin without giving everything away. A double buttoned Victorian jacket wrapped itself around her shoulders, left open to the cool night air. Long sleeves with a ruffled cuff extended down her arms, ending just before the silver rings that decorated each hand. Four matching rings on each finger of her left hand. Each with an inch long spike protruding from them. On her right, the pointer held a band of twisted scales around a lifelike, sand green serpentine eye; her pinky a rather dainty poisoners ring. Finally around the thumb rested a rather battered Claddagh with the heart pointed away from her.

'Oily marks appear on walls. Where pleasure moments hung before.' Imogen Heap had replaced Skrillex in her ears. Moving her lips along with the long familiar lyrics. Dark blue eyes were distracted as she rounded the corner, still straightening out her clothing. Some sixth sense pulled her up short of running into Rhys, past black lashes she glanced up unintentionally catching his eyes with her own. 'The takeover, the sweeping insensitivity of this still life.' For all his fancy clothing, she couldn't help but notice the silent desperation in his gaze. Nor that he appeared as if he was at odds with the world.

He would fit in well here.

A part of her wondered if she should tell him so, perhaps it would ease a bit of the tension that thrummed through him. "My bad..." She offered instead, after all no one wanted these things pointed out. Her voice was a sweet alto, a beautiful pitch despite the fact that she couldn't really hear herself over the sound of 'Hide and Seek' that was still murmuring in her ears. "... Are you lost?" Honestly she hadn't meant to ask, the question had just slipped out, but now that it was in the air she was desperately curious to know how or if he would answer.
Back to top Go down
https://silverpaths.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 5:11 pm

The cars that she had avoided the deluge of water from tore past me , and it was simply not in me to move. Once upon a time, I would have guided the water away from me, the nauseating stench falling perfectly into the gutters and sewer ways. Now I stood my ground, and let it wash over me. Gaze followed them, taking to mind the features of each of the drivers, sure that I would come across them another time in this vast city. Something told me that no matter how much I wished it, I wouldn't be leaving this place any time in the foreseeable future. That thought both saddened and angered me, an interesting combination that seemed to be my most regular companion. It would not serve me well now though, these humans that walked the darkening streets not the true target for my turmoil. For now it was about the control. Keep my emotions stable, and make a plan. Or at the very least make a course of action for the now. A plan I already had, though it would take some time to enact and I would have to be at top performance if I had any intention of ever making it happen.

For now, I was going to need dry clothes. Clean ones at that, as well as a shower so that I didn't smell of sewer and the streets. It was unlikely that I would find any of those just standing here though, so it was with that thought in mind that I was turning and moving closer to what I hoped was a district that would house clothing. Food as well would be a wise choice, or so said the growl of my stomach that was loud enough to draw the attention of any near street folk. Had there been an...There was and thankfully her own seeming grace as well as the sudden out shooting of my hands kept her from slamming solidly into the wall that was my chest. Hands dropped away from her as soon as I was sure she was steady, the palms burning as if they'd grabbed hold of a hand of molten flame. Of course this bystander would be a female. Quick cursory glance went to show that she was beautiful as well. Not in the way that Zymara had been, but in a way that screamed she would be her own person. Either that or she would be sitting in her room listening to Hawthorne heights and mourning over how much her life sucked.

"It was both of our bad, Lass. Are we not all lost, waiting only to be found just to become lost again ? Life is spent being lost, the serpent eating it's own tail in repetitiveness."

It was far more than I had intended to give her in answer, the words falling out in an easy, if quiet cadence. Strength behind the words, both in the voice and in the seeming sense of knowing that as simple as her question had been, there had been more behind it, even if she herself did not know it. I blamed it on the fact that I had not been allowed to speak freely in longer then most people had been alive. It felt strange in a way, but somehow also disturbingly welcome. As if given the opportunity I could speak until Mother chose to end the world herself. That would not do. I did not know this girl. This female who was so brazen as to simply strike up conversation with a random stranger. Hearing the music pumping out from what must be ear phones, I found it strangely pleasing to my ears, unlike the trash that some of Zymara's retinue had become so fond of. Did I not intimidate her though ? Had I lost that skill during my time in captivity ? Looking her over a second time with a more inquisitive eye,

"Would ye be able to direct me towards a place that sells clothing for me size ?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 5:48 pm

He was sopping wet, from about shoulder to feet. It made sense, those cars that had been racing had rounded the corner. Already proving that they gave little or no care for those they soaked in their wake. He smelled like the gutter, though it was obvious why. The clothing beneath the much was too clean too nice for him to be homeless. So why didn't he know his way around? Perhaps he was a drifter. Cobalt orbs look him him over as he spoke. His words striking something within her, he was a poet himself to some degree. Though his voice seemed rough, as if from lack of use.

"Many places."
She retorted before lifting her eyes to his again. "But no one is going to let you into their shop dripping, and smelling like the streets." Reaching up she pulled the ear-buds from their place and pocketed them, though the strange melody continued to sound. Now Promises, this too crafted by Skrillex began to thunder from the tiny speakers, easily heard despite their size. "C'mon once you get cleaned up you'll be able to shop to your hearts content."

She was familiar enough with combat that she could recognize that he carried no weapons. His breathing and blinking were too steady for him to be a vampire. He radiated heat, making her guess that he was a shifter, and without the obvious signs of the wyrm she decided that it was unlikely that he would harm her. She'd been wrong before, but it had never been enough to stop her. Not to mention if she were in his position, she'd want someone to help her. A million people would have called her mad for blind trust. They would have been wrong, she would be cautious, but fear would never drive her actions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:38 pm

"The streets be a rather polite way of putting it I think."

There I was, accent switching all over the board again, showing that the rumors of my mutt heritage might not be so far from truth. The smell was already starting to become bothersome, not only because of my preternatural senses but also because it was simply put, quite rank. It didn't help, nor hinder that Zymara had been quite particular about her...Her companions being beyond clean at all times, as well as her surroundings. She had been rather compulsive about it if you asked me. Then again, that foul woman was not what I wanted to be focusing on at the moment. The sooner I was changed, the better. Likely the sooner I ate, the better as well. While I was by no means a weakling, I knew I wasn't at full potential, and food would more like than not be the easiest thing at hand to assist in getting me back to it. Realizing that cash was not something I had easily accessible, much less at hand, I reached back and withdrew the card I had so carelessly stuck in my pocket. Wiping it dry on one of the few spots of my shirt that was not drenched, I held it out to her. Not to give it over by any means, but so that she could view it fully.

"I find myself ta be thinkin Lass that without cash to spare, I hope that these places ye know of will be acceptin of this little plastic bit."

That was when it came to me that she had just offered to assist me in cleaning myself and redressing. While I didn't think she meant it in the fashion that the other females I knew would have, her seeming willingness to help a complete and total stranger bespoke either madness or a strange sort of Kindness that I hadn't believed to exist any longer. Or another option was that she thought to get something out of me, from me for her help. That was the more doubtful of the available options being as while the clothing I wore was of good quality, I was obviously not carrying any monetary form of payment, nor in possession of a vehicle with which to bring us anywhere. Now that my mind processed it, she didn't appear to have a vehicle with her either. Unless she had somehow shrunk it and stuck it away in one of her many pockets. I had seen stranger things happen, so if she had I would be far from shocked. Then there was that strange music which I was still hearing, despite her having secreted away the ear-buds. I would have to hear more of it at some point. Shifting my stance so that I was more beside her when she should choose to start walking, a hand motioned outwards, a silent gesture that when she chose to move, I would be ready.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:07 pm

His accent changed, that pulled a brow upward from her. She noticed, and didn't seem inclined to pretend otherwise. However she didn't actually mention it aloud. Especially when he produced the thin black card to one of Pandora's banks. She recognized the single dark grey symbol of the drama masks etched into it's surface. Indicting the ridiculous limit it held. The question was was it a credit card, or was it to one of the many highly protected bank accounts. Well really only one way to find out, though it did lead her to wonder where he had gotten it. Not to mention why the hell he was wandering around like he was lost, when he was clearly loaded. Then he spoke and a good portion of her questions were answered in just a few words.

The corner of her mouth twitched upward. "Well, that will certainly help, but we need to check an atm." Turning she did start walking as he gestured, her eyes shifting up and down the streets until she found the heavily armored machine she had mentioned. "This way."

Lapsing into silence she led him two blocks down and stopped in front of a large black box bearing a touch screen and several high tech devices on it's surface. She pointed at the card slot. "Slide it in there, place you're hand on the pad in front of the screen and put your eye in front of the camera. It will need to verify your identity. Then we should get an idea of what exactly were looking at." She motioned to each of the items as she spoke, seeming unruffled by the need to explain it to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:01 pm

"If I look back, I am lost."

Thankfully, there was no specific direction to look to as honestly, I had no clue where I'd been brought from before being so graciously dropped. It would have done me no good even if I had. I could not dwell on what remnants of my people remained trapped there, wherever there was. I hadn't meant the words to even come passed my lips, yet they had, albeit in little more than a whisper. Washing the momentary pang of regret from my face, I kept the card palmed before adjusting my strides to not out pace her own. Her. This unknown Female that had chosen to help me that did not know my name either. That could grow awkward at some point, though if all went without hitch, there should be no reason for either one of us to be stuck with the other for too long. How difficult could it really be for me to find my way around this city, lodgings, etc ? As quick as the question came to mind it filtered back out as I began to realize even from this short jaunt just how hard it really could be. Clearing passed the sudden dryness in my throat, I followed her to this foreign looking machine.

Each instruction was followed to perfection. Not because I had to, but because I wanted to. By doing this, I would be able to hopefully get one of the most important things I needed. The card was slid, my hand then being lowered to rest against the pad as if it were a Faberge egg. Shifting once again so that I could eye up the camera, I bit down the wince that came as almost instinct. Staying still, forcing myself not to pull away, I let it read what it needed to. I didn't know what to expect to flash across the screen within the next few seconds, but what did was more than I could have ever hoped for. In fact it was impressive enough to draw a slow series of blinks before I casually sent a glance over at my companion. While her own clothing didn't exactly look of poor cut or cloth by any means, three million with a one million deposit every month there after was nothing to exactly sneeze at. Finally pulling my hand away and letting the card be fed back into my waiting palm,

"Think this be enough to suffice my wardrobe needs and Lodging, Lass ?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Stepping back she watched him only long enough to make sure he followed her instructions. Before politely turning her back to allow him some privacy with his accounts. In the mean time she pondered over exactly what she was going to do with him. Pushing aside the suggestive images that initially came to the forefront of her mind, she smiled wryly to herself. If only her listeners could see her now. Thankfully she had the weekend off. This one might take a couple days to set on the straight and narrow. Or more get set up to keep trudging forward. No one in Fahllyn was on the straight and narrow.

When he called for her attention, she turned to look first at him, then down at the monitor. Her eyes went owl wide for a moment, and she grinned. "Looks like someone gave you one hell of an un-birthday gift." Nodding as the screen wiped it's own history and went back to the dark screen bearing a rotating version of the same logo that was on his card.

"Well something tells me your hungry, lets feed you. Also I've got a Spider Booth at a place near here. It will solve your clothing issue. After that I can get you in to Central Park and all will be well." She made it sound so impossibly simple. Walking up to the curb she held out her hand to stop one of the yellow taxi's prowling the area.

Once inside she directed the driver turn by turn rather then destination. He pulled up on a block that seemed a little more urban. A cross street that serve a little more than an alleyway between densely populated blocks.

But then at night the Strip was always crowded.

Getting out she left him to slide his card as payment for their ride. As she slid out of the vehicle her nail wordlessly tapped the scanner, drawing his attention to it. Allowing him to pay without the driver ever knowing she pointed it out. Trailing her fingers lightly over the graffiti that decorated the walls of the narrow ally, she led him back to an armored door. Producing her cellphone she typed in a code and it slid open, disappearing into the brick to allow them passage.

It was here that she staggered to a stop, feather light touch of fingertips shifting to her palm pressed flat to the stone. Her free hand lifted to cover her eyes briefly, the incident took all of five seconds. Lowering her hand she opened cobalt eyes and looked at him. Her expression suddenly concerned, manifesting with a furrowing of delicate brows and a slight pursing of burgundy lips. Taking her other hand from the wall her hand lifted in the direction of the open doorway. "You okay with this?"

What was strange was that she had no reasonable way to know that it might bother him, but she did. A moment ago a sense of apprehension had it her so hard tears had stung her eyes. Not typically being one to randomly fear walking into one of her places, she could only conclude that it was him. "This place is one of mine, it's safe... and you can leave whenever you want to." That same thing that told her he didn't want to walk into an inclosed space, told her that it was not being able to leave that really bothered him. Or maybe she was way off, but that was the best interpretation of it she could manage with the brief flash she had gotten.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Her words either made sense or didn't make sense. Rather they likely would make sense to someone who hadn't been cut off from the world for as long as I had. A Spider Booth ? What in the world was that and how would it help me find clothes ? Then there was Central Park. I wasn't a dog to be walked, nor a chipmunk to live in a tree, so obviously there was more I didn't know yet. Not too unbelievable considering. Though her comment of the un-birthday gift had brought the first hint of a smile to my features, at least to my mouth. I doubted there was a thing in this world that would ever be able to light my eyes again.

Food though. That was the thought at the forefront of my mind when I slipped into the taxi cab with her. I wanted to eat anything I wanted. Everything I wanted until I was so stuffed that I thought I would explode. I would have to make sure to shower before eating though as a shower that kept me beneath the water long enough that I thought my skin would fall off. I needed to find a place to purchase unscented body washes though. I refused to use anything that bore a scent that could ever be tied back to her. If my body's own scent was not enough, then that was just too bad.

As we drove to my new associate's destination, her directions were precise. Sure and clearly stated. No run around of idle chit chat with our driver to confuse them, which gave me the time to draw in what little I could of the city we were passing through. It seemed so crowded that I was waiting to see the Piper and his swarms of rats come tumbling out of one of the alley ways. Shifting slightly in the seat of the vehicle, I fought off the urge for my limbs to lock up on me. Tall as I was there wasn't much room for them. Even in captivity, my cage had been large enough to never run that risk. You might say that my Captor wanted me well stretched, agile at all times, and muscles locked from lack of space did not assist with that goal.

Then our transportation had come to a halt and she was getting out. The faint motion at the scanner saved what for some would have been a rather embarrassing little incident. It was taken care of quickly enough, a tip left for the driver. Nothing flashy or awe inspiring, but enough to say that we had appreciated his services. Watching him drive off, I followed the vehicle with my eyes until he was far enough gone to disappear from sight. Finally turning back, it was in time to see her passing through into a confined space that had both me and my Beast screaming a resounding no.

While the reaction may have been inaudible to anyone save myself, my unwillingness to move any further would more than clarify things to anyone with even half a brain. My eyes had locked to that passageway, awaiting her return with an expression that made Russian winters seem mild. The frown was internal when I saw her pause, however brief it may have been. Seeing her turn, catching the words she spoke. It made no sense. There was no way she should know, no way she could know that I would have problems with where she was trying to take me. No way unless she was one of Zymara's compatriots. Even that though was an impossibility. Everyone who had been near her carried some piece of her. This Female did not. At least not that I had seen. I wasn't willing to make that risk, so re-centering my weight, I took up a position propped against one of the alley walls.

"If ye be thinkin ta take me in there Lass, ye'd be dead wrong. No ifs and or buts about it."

Spoken neutrally enough in tone, my words while making my inaction clear, gave away no reason for my unwillingness to follow. No emotion, no nothing. In fact if I had been a gambling Man, it would be a perfect Poker face. At this exact moment what I found myself wanting was a cigarette. When she decided to either ditch me or find my crazy antics amusing enough to stick around a bit longer, I would have to go about finding one.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 4:14 pm

She looked at him while he spoke, before turning to look back at the doorway. "Look, at some point your going to have to go inside. Maybe not here, but eventually. I can't even get you food without going indoors." Brows furrowing she leaned back against the wall she stood near, crossing her arms as she considered how to make this work for him. The thought of just leaving, due to the minor frustration, didn't even cross her mind.

"Inspect the door."
She gestured toward the opening. "It's built to be opened from the inside, not the outside." Lifting her chin she looked up a the building. "There are no bars on the windows, and I imagine that bullet proof glass is nothing you can't sunder. Besides..." She chuckled a little darkly. "My intention is to help you, can't you tell that I'm not lying?" The last portion was spoken with the lofting of one of those delicate brows. It was a stab in the dark, she still wasn't sure what he was. However if her guess about him was correct, he should be able to do just that. It was a skill the shifters possessed. Or at least any that she had ever come across.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:19 pm

Well bully me. Didn't look like I was going to be given much of an option whatsoever. I was no coward that going in with her should be such a difficulty, yet it was. Once again keeping my emotions reigned in, I took her advice. Moving closer without going even a step inside just yet, I let my eyes give the building a more thorough once over. She was right in her commentary, much as I didn't wish to admit it. Both about the design of the structure as well as the fact that I'd have to go in some time. Not a cage. Not a cage. Not a cage. That would just have to be my mantra, now wouldn't it ?

I had moved closer to the entryway, my fingers having stretched out to examine it yet closer still when I caught the tail end of her words. Canting my head ever so slightly to peer out at her from the corner of my vision, I was justified in my next train of thought. This Female knew more then she had spoken of thus far.

I didn't speak, nor did I lash out violently at her. Yet I let her feel much more of my potential than I had thus far. Eyes of that devastating lightning green flashed. That was all the warning she would have before I let my Beast roll out over her.

While it was not a truly physical thing, she would have the sensation of massive size. The thickness of fur that was somehow softer then silk or velvet. Then there was that heat. The inferno temperature that could sear the skin if one was not careful. The last thing that would come from the Beast, from my beast was entirely of his doing, not mine. On his loop back around the opposite side of her from where he had started, she would feel the solid thwap of a tail across her posterior. Then he was curling back within me, as at ease as he had been in quite some time. As if the thwap had been his way of saying she spoke the truth, he gave me an almost expectant mental nudge.

"Aye Lass. Ye not be tryin te pull the wool over me eyes. Intentions seem pure enough or that lug would have given ye more of a bite than the love tap that he did. How did ye know what I am though ? Enough at least te know that I'd be able te tell if ye were speakin truthfully or not ?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:19 am

She closed her eyes as his power washed over her, the stern look she had been giving him melting away beneath it. Logic was always a familiar friend, a safe haven especially when people were being difficult. It was desperately easy fir her to talk circles around people. The trick was to twist up the person, to disprove them, rather then the facts they were spewing. It was, a specialty she had perfected over countless arguments with as many people. Words were her bread and butter, but he was cheating.

She hadn't been able to pin down just what kind of shifter he was, but by what little she held holy he was sovereign. Her eyes snapped open as the first metaphysical sensation of satin fur swept beneath her fingers. Not sovereign to her, but in the sense that he had within him the strength to be a king of his kind. Whatever it was. He had also just revealed a few of the cards in his hand to her. Foolish. Impressive, but foolish all the same. He was just lucky that that she wasn't looking to use it against him.

Oh but she could have. Be the change you want to see in the world right?

To his beast she didn't feel quite solid. Like brushing up against the mist cast off by a waterfall. Like sticking your hand out, from beneath the awning, to touch the sweet summer rain. Tangible, but not quite solid. Subconsciously her hand flexed, fingertips stretching out to bury themselves in the thick fur as the beast swept back past her to return to him. From everything she knew, she shouldn't have been able to feel it's passing. Yet she could, yet she could.

Bright eyes stared at him, giving away that he had made his point all to clearly. If she was lying, he was more then capable to making her sorry for it. It was the polar opposite of the light hearted question he was asking. "Process of elimination. Your breathing and blinking are too regulated, your body temperature too high for you to be kindred. Too primal to be a mage, too sad to be a changeling." Slender shoulders shrugged, and she slipped under his arm to head inside, continuing to speak as if she expected him to follow her.

Last edited by Storyteller on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:05 pm

It was so long since last we had taken our own pleasure in something, no matter how trivial the action causing it. Her initial reaction though to me proving a point was somehow worthy of a smile that flashed those perfectly white teeth again. It wasn't a sense of mocking, nor as if I were having some personal joke at her expense, but rather to be able to pull such honest surprise...To have someone close their eyes when in the presence of another, especially a stranger, not knowing for a fact what they could or would do to you... She didn't seem naive, trusting yes in her own way, but not a bit naive. She just didn't paint herself off that way to me somehow.

I took that moment to study her, truly study her as she stood there with her eyes closed. She was beautiful yes, that hint of curve being there that so many women hated, seeming to think that ALL Males preferred them to be rail thin and breakable. Ugh. I liked some actual flesh on the bones of my partners. Meant that they were healthy and capable of standing on their own two feet. I prized that in my women. Not that she was my woman in any way, but she was my companion for the moment. Being as I didn't know what to expect in this outside world, it was nice that the one guiding me at least seem...

What the bloody Hell ? Both Beast and man were shocked. An interesting touch, the sensation we'd met as we swept against her, as well as the fact that she'd actually been able to make as close to a physical connect with the Primal half of us...Strange and stranger. It had our metaphysical noses twitching, eyes dancing with the curiosity that was inherent in every feline, no matter how large or small. By the time her eyes had opened, her voice that carried it's own unique cadence giving us answer to our question, we were already composed again. Wouldn't do to give a stranger no matter how helpful they seemed too many steps up on us, now would it ? Especially one who from her answer seemed so knowledgeable.

I was quiet then as I followed her, letting her answer roll around in my head, processing it. She was obviously another supernatural, or at the very least not completely human. I would have to be more cautious, at least for now. I couldn't let my new found freedom go to my head or it would end up finding me back in a cage quicker than I could blink. Not knowing what to expect from this place, I stayed close to her, but not overbearingly so. Rather enough that she would feel my presence, a steady heat behind her rather than hear it. Not in the stalker breathing over your shoulder mentality, but rather in the solid wall that was thick enough and tall enough to be nigh on impenetrable should something be coming at you.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:19 am

Up the back stairs, her fingers trailing along the vibrating wall on their left side. The bass from the huge speakers on the other side pulsing through the soundproofed, reinforced metal and padding. Only a few feet away the lights pulsed, a hundred bodies twisting and gyrating to her self picked line-up. It was one of the perks of being a co-owner of one of the Strip's most popular clubs, and that was just one of the many titles that she held. It was enough for now however.

It was impossible to ignore him, the way he seemed to flow up the stairs behind her. It wasn't typical that she felt that her attention didn't need to be everywhere at once. It was unsettling.

Even as they rounded the steps onto the third floor, she could still feel the phantom touch of fur. The hand that had touched that energy itched to be wiped against her leg, but she fought against it. Lighting a cigarette instead, and sinking into the familiar burn like it was an old friend.

On the third floor she walked up to a set of double doors, and swung them open as she stepped inside. These doors were glass, the room obviously used as a VIP lounge, or for after parties. Comfortable, dark, full of different sources of entertainment. A long black marble bar, a pool table, a balcony that looked over the Strip. Not to mention a couple of large flat screen televisions, and several locations one could use to plug into the internet. In the back of the room was a tall, high-tech phone booth. The door on the front closed, but it's frosted Plexiglas hinted at a control panel, and a multitude of blinking lights.

She walked over and hopped up onto the bar, legs crossing neatly at the ankles. "So, what would you like to eat?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyTue May 01, 2012 5:23 am

"You, Lass."

The answer was ingrained when it came to a female, though with much will power I had managed to keep it internal rather than speaking it aloud. While in another time and place I would have been more than interested, I wasn't going to just take her here and now because she was a Female. Not all of them expected that, or so I could hope. While I could easily picture stretching her out across that bar top and shredding her clothes from her like butter beneath a scalding knife and showing her just what I had been marvelous at before the years of being a pleasure slave, I doubted that was what she had meant. Even if she had, I was free and I would pleasure whom I wanted, when I wanted. I knew though there had been a moment where my eyes had darkened, rolled over to a shade so deep as to border on black, but it had been brief, one that was only caught due to how attentive she seemed to be upon my person.

I had heard the music though as we had climbed the shadowed passageway together, as well as felt the vibrations of it thrumming up through me with each step I took. I missed dancing almost as much as I missed certain other things, and there was no way I would have not been called to the center of a swathe of undulating bodies. That wasn't now though. While some part of me itched for it, I wasn't sure I trusted myself enough. One wrong look from a Male and I was likely to let all Hell break loose just to release the pent up Rage that I'd had to keep held in check. Were the wrong woman to approach me.... It was bad enough that the thought didn't even get finished. For now it would be food and soon as it was offered, a shower to get this stench off of me that still remained. Though there was something else I desired first.

Stepping to the balcony doors, they were opened slowly, my eyes taking in every drop of the skyline that was offered, or what I could see of it from the level we stood at. While the air was still heavy with the stink of the city, it was still fresh comparatively. Grabbing the hem of my shirt and peeling it off over my head, it was shook, any of the excess liquid within it wrung out until it was barely damp before I hung it over the railing. Letting the calm night breeze whisper it's breath across my bared skin, I finally remembered the question again and thought to answer her before she found me a rude guest and decided to boot me. Back still turned as I drew in the multicolored lights sparkling like a rainbow of diamonds both around and above me,

"I'm not a picky one, Lass. Meat would be the preferred. Though if ye not be havin any on hand, whatever works for you will suffice for me as well."

Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyTue May 01, 2012 5:52 am

The heat that slid behind his eyes didn't go unnoticed, there was even a certain part of her that appreciated that he recognized her beauty. She wasn't so humble that she was unaware of it, though she didn't flaunt it. It simply was, like the darkness and the eventual dawn. Finishing off the cigarette she watched him on the balcony. Watched the way the lights danced along the long lines of his silhouette. It was a hell of a view, but it would take more then a figure carved from marble to win her affections. The thought made her smile, and uncrossing her legs she leaned over the bar to snuff the smoke. Land-line receiver plucked from it's cradle she hit the buttons that would connect her with the kitchen.

Her voice purred an order into the phone, several steaks, a couple baked potatoes with the works, and a whole cherry cheesecake. That should hold him off for a while. Hanging up her gaze returned to him just as he pulled the shirt over his head, offering a lovely view of his broad shoulders. "Shower is through the door in the back, use the robe in there. When your done I'll show you how to use the spider booth, and then you can eat." Things seemed to be working out well enough. "Once your clothed and fed, we will get you over to the other shifters in central park, and you can take it from there."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyTue May 01, 2012 6:13 am

The order, placed as quietly as you had was still overheard, and a nod of satisfaction was given. While I had been pretty general in my answer, she could have ordered me some foreign mess that was more likely to make the paint on the walls as well as my skin boil off before I'd eat it. Her choices had been pleasing though, the thought of food actually so tempting by now that I could veritably taste it on my tongue.

As I turned away from the railing, the light reflecting like fairy fire off the once more lightning green pools of my gaze, I offered her the hint of a smile. Companionable nothing more, nothing less.

Grabbing my shirt up in one hand, I began the path towards the aforementioned shower, my free hand capturing the card from my pocket and tossing it to her. If she was going to take it and run, it served me right. Though I doubted she'd do it while I was on her territory. Once that hand was available, it went to the fly of my jeans. A quick twist of fingers and the button was undone which was followed by the swift, quiet rasp of the zipper being dragged down. Considering how snug they'd been, it was rather impressive that I managed to get them down, one handed while walking and still look graceful while doing it.

Were she looking it would be glaringly obvious that I wasn't wearing anything beneath them, and if she knew anything about Shifters as she seemed to, she'd know that I wasn't flaunting my nudity so much as there were times for many of us where it was simply as acceptable to be without clothes as it was to be with them. Besides, it wasn't like I had removed them while walking towards her so that she got a view of the full package. I did still posses some level of decorum even if it wasn't much of one.

I made it to the bathing chambers without looking back once, my pile of clothing being deposited neatly into a corner before I made quick work of turning the spray on full tilt. Going for cleanliness over luxury, I was feeling somewhat like a new man within little more than ten minutes. Drying off enough to slip into the robe that was indeed available, I made my way quietly and without pomp or ceremony back out to join her.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyTue May 01, 2012 6:44 am

Cool blue eyes watched him go, but like his nudity the feel of her gaze wasn't sexual. Appreciative, but not sexual. A grin curled into life, still she couldn't deny that he had a great ass. A hand lifted to snap the black card out of the air when he tossed it to her. It was tucked into a pocket, to be kept safe until it would be used. While he was gone, she hopped down from the bar-top,and crossed the hardwood floor to the Spider Booth.

As she went her head tilted back, eyes lifting to the crystalline skylight with it's clear glass dotted randomly with stain-glass stars. A lovely sporadic cerulean accent to the black and indigo night beyond. The skylight took up most of the arched ceiling, bordered by open rafters and an arched ceiling. Fingers trailed along the back of a long black leather couch. Once in front of the machine, she tapped the smooth surface to the left of the door to open up the menu. Feather light touches allowing for a collection of choices that fit her rather picky requirements.

She was still at it when the door to the back opened, and he emerged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:07 am

A wet mane of burnished golds, dusty streak blonds and fall flown browns hung to mid shoulder, soaking the material of the robe. Those seemingly luminescent green eyes were brightened to almost fire potency by the dimmer lighting of this sanctuary, and within moments of stepping back inside, they had zeroed in on you once more. Upon making sure you had not left, however unexpected the action might have been, I took a seat, stretched out rather comfortably in one corner of the same leather couch that your fingers had just been running along.

Quiet sigh. Eyes closing for a moment as head tilted to rest against against the back. The food had yet to arrive, though we hadn't really expected it to with as quick as our shower had been. Letting the moments tick by, I allowed my silence to remain unbroken until either the food arrived or you decided you were interested in sharing whatever it was you were doing. Should you it was your choice, one that I had no intentions of prying into.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:40 am

Stepping back she pressed the button that caused the doors to the booth to glide open. Turning she set her eyes on him where he sat oh-so-comfortably on the couch. "Your food will be here soon enough, but for now lets get you into something more comfortable." His lack of concern about going to central park left her hopeful. He was sweet but terribly lost, well intentioned from everything she had been able to glean thus far, but haunted by something that was far more recent then he would admit. Not that she blamed him, she wouldn't have shared all of her secrets with a stranger either.

"This is easy, just step inside and I will show you how to navigate the panel to pick out what you like. I even have a few prearranged outfits set up if your not sure what to pick. Once you make your selection the itty bitty robots will weave it around you. Takes about five minutes. Once their done, it's just like normal clothing, though the armor rating is fairly impressive."
Gesturing to the booth, she stepped back. When he did move toward it, she reached out and gently pulled the robe from where it rested around his shoulders. "It's painless."

Pressing her lips together she lightly placed her hand on his arm. "I get to some degree that you don't like small spaces, but it will be quick. Try not to think about it, and if it helps..." She flashed a small smile to him, that was just this side of genuine. "...I'm not far off."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:35 am

Eyes clenched shut tightly enough as if by sheer willpower alone I could erase that fear and all of the others that came with it. I hadn't exactly understood what that machine was here for and now that I did, I found myself wondering if people could go out and just by regular hand made clothes anymore. That question was on the tip of my tongue, nearly sliding free like the slippery eel that it was when she so off backhandedly made the comment of not being far off.

She wasn't asking me for anything. Wasn't requiring any trade, be it physical or monetary for her help. Had I ever known someone who was as honest, as willing to place themselves out there for a complete stranger as she was ? I did need clothes. Focusing on the necessity of them, I captured her hand that had been resting upon my arm. Turning it palm side up, I noticed just how small, how delicate in comparison it was to mine. Yet at the same time she radiated her own inner strength. Bowing my head over it, damp shock of hair hiding my features, I pressed my lips to the center of her palm. The barest of touches, but one none the less.

Then I let it drop, carefully at that. Stepping back, closer to the machine, I shrugged out of the robe, one hand catching it deftly before it hit the floor. Tossing it to land across the back of the couch, I drew in a breath, ironing my will, as well as her presence around me as the only shield I had at hand. Opening my eyes, she would see the streaks of spring lightning cutting across my gaze. The sudden outpouring of jagged edged emotions that I couldn't hold back as the words tumbled from my lips in the most delicate of whispers even as the doors closed around me.

"Just pick for me. I need the judgement of one who be from this time, this place. Choose as ye will, honor me please in this, Lass."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:36 am

She chose something simple, comfortable, but stylish. The Spider booth was a Syn core product, forged on behalf of the Broken Rose. The most elite line of clothing stores known to man in this age. The stunning Amalthia Rose vampire, social empress, and debutant of high society across the world, had come up with the idea. Syn corp had forged the Spider Booth into something that decorated a corner in most homes. Her club was no different, and in moments like this it was exceptionally helpful.

The holographic pre-image of the clothing flickered into being around him with the sparkle of lights along a pair of paper thin panels that spiraled up along the inside of the booth, criss-crossing like a double-helix. A few more adjustments to make sure everything hung where it needed to, long enough in the arms and legs. He was broad shouldered, long of limb, and while extremely sexy would have been a pain in the ass for a tailor to fit.

"I have to close the door for the last bit. The booth will fill with mist, and the nanobots will build the cloth around you."
She had explained this already, but the tension in him was obvious, and she felt the need to repete the part about this being quick and painless.

And it was, so long as he didn't freak out at the soft hiss of the doors closing, a few minutes later he would find himself comfortably dressed. Dark faded jeans, a black undershirt beneath a button up black shirt bearing a charcoal grey flur-du-leis on the left side. The shirts collar was wide, as were the cuffs, the buttons black. His left wrist bore a black banded watch with silver numbers. Comfortable boots, thick socks completed the look. When his hair dried into soft waves it would give the look just the finishing touch it needed.

While they worked she stepped around so that she was visable from the clear panel he stood facing, staying true to her word. Hands stuck into her back pockets she leaned against the windowsill, gaze fixed on his face even if he couldn't bring himself to open his eyes to look at her.

The doors opened smoothly a few moments later, giving him the freedom needed to step back out into the far more spacious lounge. "There, all done." As if on cue the door on the other side of the room opened, allowing passage to a pair from the kitchen, who strolled in bearing the food she had ordered for him. It was set down on the bar, and with a nod from her the two of them departed again without speaking a word.

She slipped behind the bar and began to look over the alcohol selection. "Lets see... What goes best with steak?"The question more mused quietly to herself then asked of him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:56 am

The mist was curious enough, the sensation intriguing enough to cause me to roll my lids towards the Heaven's gaze now the palest of Spring green's as the strangeness of it played over my skin. Mist. It reminded me in it's own way of what I had once held the freedom to run through, be it as Man or as Beast. I would have it again, as would what was left of my people as soon as I had the strength, the ability to return and see them freed as well. Return I would, regardless of the time it took, or what the consequences were, even if they be the loss of my own regained liberties.

I had no way of knowing the thoughts that played through her mind, her innermost musings, yet it was she that I focused on as those doors closed. This anomaly of a woman was what I used to keep the panic at bay, no matter how distasteful it was to need a complete and total stranger. Some day I wouldn't but in the now it was too soon after to go it alone. That was the thought that soothed me. That and the fact that thus far, she had kept her word to me. Each statement was followed through to perfection and it made me curious as to why. What did she gain from all of this ?

Breathing was kept slow, as neutral as I could manage until the clothes were finally completed. When the doors cycled open to allow me out, I stepped through, not over eagerly but impressively calm. Doing a full revolution so that she could admire my handy work, I found that her choices were ones that I did not mind. Catching scent of the food being brought in just then as I awaited her approval, I made my way to the bar, my silent thanks nodded to the two who had brought it in for us. Unsure of whether she was intending to eat, she would have at least a bite of it before I did for various reasons.

Taking a seat across the bar from her, utensils were captured between dexterous fingers as I began to cut the steaks into perfectly manageable bites. Letting the utterly appetizing scents roll over me, the same actions were taken with the potatoes. Once all was arranged to my liking, I speared a portion of the steak before leaning up and over, extending the sustenance towards her mouth. Having caught her most recent question, I would answer it simply for her even as I waited to see if she would take the offered bite.

"I'm not as heavy a drinker as I know many ta be, Lass. I enjoy the older things. The ones that leave the smooth burn as they skitter and glide down the throat. Though being as ye seem to have rather considerable taste in choice thus far, I will have whatever it is ye be havin."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Looking up, a brow quirked momentarily at the bite he held out, then realization dawned and she flashed him a wry smirk. Of course he wanted to make sure it wasn't drugged. Leaning in she took the offered bite, and for good measure stole a second piece off his plate, popping that into her mouth as well. His words had given her an idea, so as she chewed she located what she was seeking and poured him a mug of honey mead. This she also stole a drink of, before setting it down next to his plate. "I'd be insulted, but I can appreciate your concern. For the record, I don't plan on poisoning you."

She cut herself a decent sized piece of his cheesecake, leaving the majority of it for him to enjoy once he finished the rest of his meal. Plate in hand she stood on the other side of the bar, and glancing at him every once in a while she picked away at it. "So... What is your plan?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:49 pm

Good. She hadn't taken any offense at my rather firm, yet still polite insistence that she take the first bite. A hint of a smile was offered up as she kidnapped that second piece of Steak, the action, almost endearing in it's own way. Her words had indeed hit on the head one of the two or three reasons why it had been offered to her first showing yet again she was a rather intelligent, or at least street smart woman. Eying up the mug, the scent of mead was a memory even in it's own way. One that was deeply cherished, one that had also helped me to make it through the past years without loosing all of my sanity. Nodding silent approval at her drink, stolen or not before she slid it to me, I began to eat. Slowly. Meticulously. Each bite chewed the same amount of times before the next was taken up.

"Ye've gone te too much trouble te poison me, Lass. While that was one of the reasons I insisted ye bite first, the other is far less threatening. Where I come from, ye offer up the first of the spoils, the first of anything to your companion, especially should they be of the Female persuasion."

Returning to my food then, alternating between the meat and the vegetable equally, the drink was not forgotten by any means. It had it's turn as well, the flavor actually serving to accent the meat as well as to quench my thirst. Pausing in my eating when she asked this newest question, the very same one that was still residing quite in the forefront of my own mind,

"It's not as simple an answer as that, Lass. Especially when I have no clue what I'm going to do myself. At least not a plan and what I must do cannot be done without one."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost Empty

Back to top Go down

Freedom at Unknown Cost
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: Fahllyn-
Jump to: