The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Freedom at Unknown Cost

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

Freedom at Unknown Cost - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:05 pm

HIs response to her affirmation that she wasn't trying to kill him left her blinking silently at him, a flicker of surprise touching her expression. He had caught her by surprise, not something easily done, and she couldn't help but appreciate the cultural tradition he mentioned. Sure there was the pessimists view of it that his people just didn't trust their food, but she decided to take the higher road and be an optimist just this once. It was, sweet. Silly, but sweet.

Having finished the cheesecake she set the plate in the sink behind the counter as he continued speaking about what he was going to do. This, seemed like one of those opportunities to let him diverge off onto his own path. It seemed, wherever he had come from, his troubles were far from over. On one hand, he certainly had friends in high places, or he wouldn't have that card. On the other, his squeamishness about small spaces left her with a few idea's of what he might have been going through until recently. He was exotic, and Fahllyn had no shortage of collectors. Not to mention his utter lack of knowledge of the city, and former state of dress. Either he had amnesia, or he had been out of the loop for a long while. This was just a guess however.

The chance for him to go on his own into whatever future he had available to him was fast approaching, too much more of this and she ran dangerously close to getting involved on a much more permanent basis. She was familiar enough with how these things worked to spot the warning signs. "Well I've mentioned Central park several times, and other shifters. They should be able to help you out with whatever it is you need to do."
Back to top Go down
https://silverpaths.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Even though I did eat slowly, rather meticulously, I was done quicker than I had expected with all of the dishes save for the dessert. Eying the cheesecake, I rose from where I had been perched to make my way behind the bar. Standing close enough to reach the sink without attempting to purposely encroach upon her personal space, I began to rinse the dishes. Not hot, but not cold, it was temperate enough that while not perfectly clean, they would still be far quicker to wash properly when the time came. I had seen her surprise at my explanation of why I had offered her the food first, and while slight, it still made me wonder exactly what the other Males of this place were like.

She brought up the other shifters then and it took all of my willpower to restrain myself from shattering the last dish that I had in hand. She had mentioned them before, but not so blatantly in the way of asking them for help. I refused to let a single shifter more be put at risk. This was my fight, not theirs, and while I might stay there long enough to formulate a plan, I couldn't drag others into it with me. I had too much honor for that. It wasn't pride so much as too many had already been lost that I couldn't deprive another family of a mother, or a son. A daughter, or a lover.

"This Park that ye have mentioned would indeed be a place for me te rest my head, at least for a few nights, should they be willing to take in a complete stranger."

The answer was brief. Simple enough to suffice for most, yet from everything I had experienced thus far, she didn't fit in under the most category. Whether or not she found my answer sufficient or not was up to her. Finally finishing the task I had chosen, I perched a hip against the bar and began to dig into my cake with the same mannerisms in which I had eaten the dinner, eyes rising to her every now and then as I also awaited her thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:06 pm

There. His hesitation was showing. She wasn't able to tell exactly why, the devil was in the details but she didn't want to press him for the information. Olivia was still intending to part ways with him eventually. Common sense was directing her on that particular choice, but a small nagging voice at the back of her mind wanted to know how she would ever forgive herself if she found out later that he had died hen maybe she could have done something. Her conscience really needed to keep it's nose out of her business, at best it was a distraction. At worst a motivation to get involved. Which would lead to things like acting impulsively, or worse giving a damn when she had no business doing so.

A fact she reminded herself of, as she oh-so-politely told said little voice to shut the hell up.

"Of course they'll help you." This was said with unwavering certainty. "That's what they do. Nicolai is always looking to assist people so long as their willing to carry their own weight. Which you seem more then willing to do. My suggestion recover your strength then do whatever it is you feel you have to do."
Back to top Go down
https://silverpaths.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:38 pm

"Do ye wish te take me there tonight Lass ? If not, all I will be askin ye for is a comfortable Hotel for the night, if there is one ye could suggest te me."

The cheesecake which had indeed been as worthy upon my taste-buds as the rest of the meal tasted like sandpaper suddenly as I at least kept my manners and finished it before rinsing this dish as well to stack it atop of the others. Gracefully stepping away from her and back to the side of the bar I had originally been on, I didn't stop until I was perched once more, this time atop the back of the leather couch. It would be wise for me to just go now. To say my thanks and find a place of rest for the evening myself. The longer I stayed, the more I risked her becoming curious enough to start asking for details. She'd done enough to help that staying here, putting her at a possible risk was dishonorable of me. Yet after all that had happened, who was I to speak of what was or was not honorable ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freedom at Unknown Cost   Freedom at Unknown Cost - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Freedom at Unknown Cost
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: Fahllyn-
Jump to: