The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Home is Where the Heart Is

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

Home is Where the Heart Is Empty
PostSubject: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 7:16 pm

The moment that the Mountain of a Marvelous male was gone, he locked every physical barrier on his suite as well as a handful that were very not tangible to most most. If he was this messed up over being turned down ? It meant that either he or his Pucky were getting worse. Or Dreaming forbid, they both were. Sliding down the wall beside the door, he buried his face in his hands and let out a low scream of frustration. He hated his fucking existence some days, but as life would have it, he couldn't even be a coward and off himself because he'd take Pucky with him. 

But he'd told her he'd be in the air in two hours. Stupid, stupid, stupid. He could be here drinking himself into a stupor. Oh well. Pulling his phone out, he texted his pilot. Not that the woman needed the extra pay, but he may have mentioned a tip of a small fortune if they could be in the air in one hour, not two. The response he got back within minutes was reread several times. Yep, physically, anatomically impossible but very creative. It was almost enough to leave him with a hint of a smile.

To his feet he went. Kicking out of his comfort jeans he tossed them into the basket in his room. Thank something for trustworthy room service and housekeeping. Grabbing his go bag and altering a few of the items within it took less than five minutes. It was the dressing that took longer. Then again, one did not go to a first meeting with the favored of Malkav without being on their A game. Which he was so far from. He could at least make himself look his best. Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration with the time he had to work with, but he could try. 

Pulling on a pair of leather pants that were in fact as tight as a second skin, he took the time to lace the sides and groin region perfectly. Fold down top, flat soled boots came to just below his knees. A long sleeve under armor shirt that perfectly molded to his upper body was yanked over his head. Then on went the ankle length, fitted jacket. Brass buttons were polished to a mirror shine. Eyes were then perfectly outlined in actual kohl. His lips were painted a scarlet slash that left one uncertain whether to stare at his eyes or mouth. Unfastening his hair, he brushed it to a perfect, shimmering curtain of black that fell to his ankles. Finally viewing himself in the mirror, he sighed. With the time he had to work with, it would have to do. Besides, if his mortal seeming wasn't eye catching enough to get an audience, he could always drop his mortal seeming. How much he hated doing that but one didn't survive as long as he had without using all the tools in their arsenal.

It was a simple thing then to unlock the metaphysical locks so that housekeeping could come in. Leaving a tip that was more than most people made in several months, it was a simple enough thing to grab his bag and flicker flash straight into the jet. Hitting the button that would let the pilot know he was there, he felt it take off minutes after his arrival. That was when he let himself doze off for the duration of the flight.

It was just after sunset when they touched down at the private airstrip. Knowing that his bag would be taken to the usual hotel room, it was a simple thing to flicker flash yet again to an alleyway in the city that was marked as a safe place for such things. 

No one knew where he lived, and good luck contacting him through any modern means. If there was one place to start his search, it was the spire that Julius, the Hatter Mad, and Boss Lady had played upon together so many moons ago. He hadn't been there personally but Pucky had and with all the times she'd told the story ? It was a simple enough place to find. It also helped that unless the man was using a vampyric discipline to alter his appearance, he also knew exactly what he looked like. Thank you Pucky's eye for detail especially when it came to this one.

His stroll from the alley was leisurely. No point in rushing about. For one it drew attention which he already did well enough on his own. For two, if he was meant to find the male this night, he would, no matter how fast or slow he walked. He could feel the eyes on him. Hear the whispers. Women wanted him. Men hated him. Either because he stole their women's gaze or because they weren't comfortable enough in their sexuality to admit that they wanted him too. All the more the shame. How he missed older, long gone days when things had been so much simpler.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 2:07 am

Everyone who was looking at him lounging in his seat would think he was bored. Often a face he wore while he sat on the throne of Venice at the center of the Cathedral. A gathering of Kindred, Shifters, and Fae stood before him. Each with their own issues and concerns. He listened to them all. This one was slighted, that one is asking for an investment, those two wish to purchase property in the city limits. Trivial, all of it. He remained silent until they were all finished before uncrossing his legs and sitting up straighter laying his hands on the arm rests. His voice was calm and soothing. True neutral "You'll forgive me if my solutions to your dilemmas isn't as expedient as you might wish, but I assure you all, I will endeavor to rectify these problems. If you will excuse me" he stood and when he did everyone fell completely silent. He made his way to the closest door and out into the hall. Once there he paused for a moment debating. Coming to a decision he spins on his heel and makes his way out of the Cathedral into the mass of bodies milling through the city streets. He walked with his Masque to not draw attention to himself unnecessarily. Not that one wouldn't recognize him, however he would seem to human than his true self.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 6:21 am

The crush of Venice's streets around him were mere than he seemed to remember. He was torn between which were worse, here or Chicago. It was aggravating for even as he scanned one chunk of the populace, another appeared to take it's place. This was not one of those things where he could ask for aid finding his target either. He was going to have to just keep going. Patience, patience, patience.

Turning one of the last few corners, he nearly tripped over a group of drunken young frat boys, clearly on vacation. They were torturing a young girl. Child age that was both scrawny and dirty. Eyes wide with fear, they were backing her into what looked to be an abandoned alley-way. He could hear their drunk jeering, their lecherous commentary.

Following, following, following. He remembered the horror stories Eli had told him. Lifting his hands in what could be considered a Maestro, a conductor's gesture, he let his magic roll out. To each of the male’s, their nightmares would come. Real. True. Violent and gripping. More real than if they had been in slumber, their truest, deepest fears became a thing of tangible reality to them. While they would not actually kill them, the level of the terror would be enough that it could, and it would last until some sort of penance was paid with sincerity. If it was not, good luck ever breaking them out of it.

By the time he got to where the girl had been, the alleyway was empty. Smart girl. Shee must have taken the opportunity to flee the moment distraction was offered. Turning then and wgking to head back out, back in the direction of the Cathedral he was beyond distracted now.

That was how he walked straight, smack dab into the person he was looking for. Realizing he had traipsed directly into some poor soul, his hands came up to steady them. One landing on their hips the other at the center of their spine, he leaned in and offered breath fanning against their ear,

"Apologies. Didn't mean to nigh on bowl you over."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 12:02 am

Had he truly been so distracted himself that he hadn't noticed this male? Even if he hadn't decided to invade Julius' space like so, he could still appreciate the artful sex on legs that was currently holding him. It had been many years since he had felt excitement, but what made him curious was Why? His voice was pure maddening silk as he spoke "Disappointing. I'm sure you sing rather well" and continued on his path to no where leaving the male standing there. He felt his eyes on him as he walked, and decides to look over his shoulder at the confused male and allows his Masque to falter for a second hitting him with the awe inspiring smile, before slipping back into it, and the crowd a second later.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 12:26 am

Fucking hell. For such a mundane in appearance male... That type of voice belonged on somebody far different. It wasn't that he was judgemental or shallow, it was just fact. If there was one thing he knew outside of flesh it was voices. It was enough to inspire his poor body jumping to a very certain type of attention that was going to go untended.

He had to laugh softly at the comment of singing well. There was a certain irony to it really. Using one of his arts that specialized in the channeling of voices, he purposely sent words to the other Male.

"I sing quite well actually. Though I'd rather my mouth be too full with your cock to be able to. Or too busy marking that lovely throat of yours while you're riding my cock."

He was blunt in his words. None were wasted, none were sugar coated. He would have turned to follow his own path, still in search of a certain Vampyr when that mask was dropped. You would see the shock that hit his face seconds before you disappeared.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 12:37 am

The laugh that came from all around him was warm and light, amused. The voice that followed it was almost inviting, if not a little dangerous "Then by all means Faeling. Come find me, so I can make you sing for me" the challenge was direct, the invitation blatantly obvious. We he to be pursued immediately his trail would be found only with supernatural means, and one would quickly grow frustrated with how many dead ends and detours one would find along the way. Julius was never one to make it easy.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 8:41 am

There was a frustrated sound that had nothing to do with the challenge of finding you. He was a responsible sort, Maximus was. He actually also gave a damn about the twin he had never met. He knew how she felt about the Vampyre and it would be poor form to sample him first. The myriad of complex thoughts and emotions kept him a surprisingly patient man through each failed turn and every dead end.

He did also approve of the challenge however and it was why he waited to eventually use a less mundane method to find you. When the time finally came that he did, the use of Wayfarer. Flicker Flash to be exact put him quite literally ontop of you. Were there to be walls, floor or really any type of solidity on either side of you, his palms would press to either side of you.

"This isn't the first time I've played hide and go seek with a Malkavian. One of the first stipulations of working for her was that we knew how to play. She sends her greetings to you though, Eli does. The locket I saw of you does not do you justice however."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 3:58 pm

He had been right where Maximus was landing he even allowed Max to see him. But once max finished his words Julius was gone once more.
~He waited, for him to stop speaking before he willed his body beyond the grips of time and stepped Between the Ticks. The world ground to a halt around him and he turned, inspecting the faeling, with both eyes and hands. He did linger with Max's groin, finding the semi hard shaft and stroking it knowing full well what would happen once he stopped moving. After a few seconds he continues moving waiting before slipping back through the Ticks causing the world to rock back into its motions. He stood at the end of the alley smiling, and spoke aloud "You've clearly played. But never with me" he knew his underhanded tactic would buy him at least a few seconds to slip once more into the faceless mass of the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 4:22 pm

Could he have fought back, tried some under handed tactic of his own in an attempt to truely catch the Malkavian in question ? Yes, yes he could of. But his current tactics served purpouse.

Firstly, it gave him a better assessment of the tools the Vampyre had to work with. Recon when your target was this enjoyable ? Not something he was going to argue.

Secondly, he was actually finding the challenge of this to be fun. Though damnit he must have done something for his cock was definately harder than it had been previously. That just was not playing fair.

Oh he waited. Long enough in fact that Jules might think he was no longer following. The funny thing was, he personally wasn't. A small almost unnoticeable ball of wisp light was though. Waiting. Patience. Waiting. The next time Julius went to turn a corner, He was there. And unless it was fought, the Malkavian was simply pulled through a shimmering wall and into perfect darkness.

Julius would be able to feel the press of a body behind him, and there were fingers that rested lightly over his own groin this time, but it was not skin on skin contact.

"We're still in Venice, just no longer on the streets. I could put you back there, if you'd like."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 1:08 am

He couldn't help himself, as he started to laugh. It wasn't a regular laugh though, for every 'Ha!' Brought with it a feeling of Insanity. The breaking of one's mirror even were it cracked already. He laughed as he spun, the area around them lighting up like the Vegas Strip. Julius watched the man's mind stand against the onslaught, he fought against Julius' enlightenment. His words whispered through the air wrapping around the man "Tell me" his masque completely disappeared leaving his serene almost divine beauty bare to behold "What were you going to do once you found me" his own hand traveled down the man's chest lightly brushing past his cock "I do hope it's something entertaining." He giggled "And I suppose I should release you so we can stop groping each other in public" he sheepishly smiled as he stepped back from the man recovering as the walls around them collapsed. The real world came slamming back into him, causing him to realize, this whole time, since they had bumped into each other, they hadn't moved. They hadn't actually done all of that running around. And Julius' masque was still very much in place "Follow me." He didn't wait, and this time that wasn't a challenge, more like an order shaped like a request.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 1:36 am

Oh he stood against the onslaught yes. But in an oddly surprising fashion. One that even you, oh favored of Malkav likely had never seen before.

It was as if your attempted breaking was siphoned through the already present fractures. Where you things up, he offered music. Not pieces you had ever heard for they were being created on the spot. For you. The chosen instrument a piano, they were nearly achingly beautiful. If Helen of Troy's beauty started a war, the music his mind was flooding back at you would launch multiple. It was as if his fight was in embracing it. Controlling it. Altering it and sending it back.

Your words though, those let wrap around him like a caress. Finally the music would slow, quiet, until it was almost a backdrop sort of thing. When he finally spoke, it was quiet, musing.

"In truth.... Not what I had originally intended. At least not right away. I want you. I shouldn't, but I do. In a way I've never experienced."

The way he spoke those last words implied time in a fashion that you would be one of the few able to understand. I've not been one for public displays in quite some time, though were it your Forte, I could be convinced. I just don't like the idea of interruptions, should said groping continue."

He didn't seem too surprised actually when it was realized that they hadn't actually moved. In fact, if anything it was quiet, tickled amusement. Your oddly wrapped order did earn you a quiet chuckle, though those long legs of his easily stretched to eat up the ground and keep him in pace behind you.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 2:06 am

It wouldn't take them long to make it back to the cathedral. He walked past and there was enough space that the silent guards stepped into Max's path. Before a word could be uttered by the three of them Julius simply cleared his throat loudly causing the guards to look at him, and his very disappointed face. They immediately moved out the way, and Julius continued moving. They wound their way through the corridors until coming to a tapestry that he lifted and disappeared behind. Down the stairs into a hidden level beneath the cathedral, that would be striking. Modern. Of this age, but with multiple flavors and artifacts of history long forgotten. Once there the masque lifted and Julius sat down at the dining room table that looked like it had come from a Norse Mead House "Whats your poison friend of Eli"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 5:39 am

He hadn't seemed to phased by the guards and something told you had he truly wished, he could have made his way beyond them.Your intervention merely made it simpler, a saving of time if you will. He was silent as a ghost behind you, even his pulse and breathing sounding near to non-existent. Were it not for the feel of his gaze on you, you'd almost wonder a time or three if he were really there. Finally the entering into the hideaway beneath the Cathedral. You could still feel a portion of his focus on you, but now he seemed to be taking in the unique interior designing style that was so very you. Finally turning back, perhaps just seeming to have remembered your question, it was an old bow. One from a time that most could not say they had been alive to see.

"Water if you please. Bottled. Something tells me keeping my wits about me, at least for a small moment would be wise. However, I know your name, your title, but I have forgotten my manners. Maximus, twin to Rhobyn, Son of Oberon and Titania. One of Marion's Merry Men. I think that's really all of the important ones out of the way. If I must have a preference ? Just call me max."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 6:14 am

He nodded and responded "Formalities. Julius Malkovius, Favored of the Enlightened One, champion of the Winter court. Maestro of Venice." He gestured for Max to sit as a young man maybe 20 appeared with a bottle of water for him "You may call me Julius"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 6:42 am

"Get formalities out of the way and more enjoyable things can usually be discussed."

Rather than take the offered seat, he waited for the male to leave before moving in behind your chair. Letting his hands slide over your shoulders and unless you were stopping him beneath your clothing, he began what even to a Vampyre was an exquisite massage. Lowering his lips to the line of your throat, it was air kisses all the way along it.

"Tell me Julius. Are you into just taking or can you enjoy being taken as well ?"
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 1:29 am

He relaxed a bit as those hands worked, the smile that spread across his lips was sly "Elis briefed you well. I heard of her Merry ones. Perhaps before attempting to find out exactly who's body will be used, and who's will be satisfied, we can discuss why it is exactly you've come here, and why exactly you sought me out. I have reason to believe our mutual acquaintance sent you purposefully" he held his hand out and the same young man from before appeared with a teacup, the visceral red of the blood within it steamed, and placed it Julius' hand delicately and recedded to once he had come "Please do not mind Alec. He's one of the few who understands my physicality and lack of divinity as most mortals would see the divine. He's also Deaf"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 3:53 am

"She sent me to Chicago for intelligence."

Letting his fingertips begin to exert a bit more pressure in certain areas, his teeth would start to graze the line of your throat on occasion. Nothing that would break skin, but enough to be noticed for a certainty. You heard his murmur of understanding over your explanation of Alec,

"He seems loyal. And well trained. Why would I mind one of the members of your household ? He makes sure that your needs are seen to. Do you prefer him Deaf ? If you don't and he doesn't, I could attempt to fix it."

Letting his words trail off for a moment thoughtfully,

"Her visions started again. With an irregular frequency and intensity. It all seems to focus to hinge on that city, though she believes it could very easily spread elsewhere if not handled properly. She said that she wanted your insight were you not to mind giving it. I also may be here so that I can get a better painting of you. While you are exquisitely made, it isn't for me. Though having seem you now, I may change that and make one for myself as well."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 11:02 pm

He waved his hand nonchalantly and sipped his drink "Visions are all fine and well, but you should really work on your dodging skills. I asked nothing of Chicago, or it's Trifecta. Flattery will only get you so far Faeling" he didn't seem upset or angry, simply trying to stay on topic.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 5:27 pm

You could feel the Gaelic shrug he offered before his hands fell away from their prior connection to you. Drawing back, he circled to the seat across from you before claiming it. Folding his hands on the table in front of him,

"I dodge when I want to. When I feel the necessity to. Or when I'm ordered too. Sometimes more than one of those can apply to the same situation. None of those seemed appropriate at the moment. Your advisement is taken into accounting though."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 12:17 am

He sipped his drink again as he stared at Max. He contemplated while waiting for him to finish "So which is it then? Desire, Necessity, or an Order that keeps you from answering plainly? Or is it simply your mischievous nature as a Faeling" his tone was partially teasing.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 1:42 am

You could see his own contemplative look, head tilting, almost Raven like as he clearly debated his answer.

"I suppose it's nature more than anything. I can confirm that it's not an order. Not this time at least. Necessity not so much either. I suppose it's the city. Pucky claims she feels extra like herself when she's here as well. She's always been more a masks and dance in the street type though. What was it you wished to know directly ? My mind wanders at times. I tend to lose things if I'm not careful. Even sometimes when I am."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 2:22 am

His gaze never faltered as he set his cup down "Why is it, that you have sought me out?" His words were calm, if not sounding a little bored. He very much hoped this faeling would be more forthcoming than he was being. Like herding a flock of cats they tended to be.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 2:48 am

"To relay my Boss's message which I think even she was being evasive on. To check on your well being for someone while in turn sating personal curiosity. Last but not least ? Venice isn't a bad place if you want to clear your head for a bit."

Reading the touch of boredom coloring your words, he did answer as truthfully as his essence allowed.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 3:33 am

He seemed to uncoil slightly "Very good. I do understand that some of your kin have difficulties with candor. You don't live for thousands of years without some precautions you'll understand?" He picked his cup back up and drained it to hold it out. The young boy reappeared with a kettle to refill it before dispersing once more.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 5:07 am

The comment about age and precautions earned you an odd, but fleeting look. Not bad, just odd, but it was gone alltogether so quickly even you could believe you may have imagined it.

"Difficulties is a mild way of putting it at times. But we do manage well enough. Most often don't want to have conversation long enough. Or ones of enough importance for it matter. But if you'd be willing, tell me about yourself. Help me see the person that my Boss and Pucky see. If you'd like, I can even do something to entertain you while we talk. If so, do you have any preferences ?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home is Where the Heart Is   Home is Where the Heart Is Empty

Back to top Go down

Home is Where the Heart Is
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: Chicago: A Dance with Death and all of His Friends :: The Serpent's Dance-
Jump to: