The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Place Where Lost Things Go

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

The Place Where Lost Things Go Empty
PostSubject: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 8:07 pm

The Place Where Lost Things Go Sirena10

I stood on the deck with the cap'n
When I first heard the fell voice
Ululatin' and swellin'
As it sang us an alien verse

The captain took hold of the railin'
With sparks o' alarm in his eyes
Yelling, "Crew, the lot o' ya see to the ship
Lest we lose 'er beneath the black tides!"

A shivery tingle crept up my spine
For the voice so strange and enthrallin'
Was joined by dozens o' others it seemed
All reachin' and burstin' and callin'

"Cap'n", I cried, "what is that strange sound
That's singin' and ringin' my name?
It's beggin’ me to join it down in the deeps
I feel like my heart is in flames!"

"Fool boy, close your ears!" the cap'n beseeched
"Ignore the Sirens' song!
They're tryin' to draw us into the cliffs
To join the rest o' the throng"

"O' sailors they've led to a watery grave
Down near Poseidon's gates
So, boy, close your ears and turn your back
Lest you want to be sharin’ their fates!"

I heeded the captain, but the rest o' the crew
Heard not a one o' his words
Entranced they followed the haunting strains
As listless and thick as a herd

O' cows bein' led to the slaughter
As sheep about to be sheared
No matter what the captain admonished
His warnins fell on deaf ears

The prow o' the ship hit the cliff base
Like a trebuchet’s shot hits a wall
I heard splinterin’ wood and screamin’ men
And always the Sirens’ fey call

Down to the water the ship threw me
As she tossed in ‘er anguished death throes
So many men went down to the deeps
A feast for the gulls and the crows

I was the only one that survived the night
Cast up on some foreign beach
With the sounds of their songs still in my ears
Though I was well past their reach

Though I’ll remember the sight forever
That I saw while I fought in the waves
One of the singers rose up to the top
To see who she had sent to his grave

The sight, I can barely describe it
O' that creature, that maiden of hell
O' her scaly skin or her glarin' eye
As she vanished beneath the sea swells

Now I can only tell you
That if you live by sailin' the seas
Always mind the captain’s words
And beware fell songs on the breeze

Last edited by Nephalyss on Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 11:28 pm

The guests were well into their cups, the moon high into the sky overhead when she finally had a chance to steal a breath for herself without other voices around. Sipping at a bottle of cool water, she reached up and pulled the hidden pins from her hair, letting the hours of work start to tumble down around her shoulders. Strands of sun touched gold were struck through with veins of green, and blue. Sea colors really. It added an almost ethereal look to her already fae like features. Long of leg and willowy of form, her features would never be called anything other than delicate. Breasts were a perfect handful, not too large nor too small and remained high and proud without the assistance of material. Eyes were like the sea, swirling riptides of changing greens and blues. Depths that were designed to be drowned within.

She sang her song and presented the Ancient piece of art that had just been found to the museum for it's newest collection "Beasts of Myth and Legend". There was a touch of rolling storm to those eyes at the title, but she'd been called worse, and it wasn't as if the mundanes who'd shown their faces at the Gala actually knew what she was. They'd been called worse. But the donations the Museum's Board of Directors had been willing to see offered had been too worthwhile to pass up.

Stepping out onto one of the Balconies affixed to the newest wing, she tilted her head to the sky. Eyes closed, she simply let the breeze caress her skin. She'd never truly been a fan of the confines of the indoors even before everything had changed. Add to it the stench of convenience used to hide odor of their lies and shame ? Her nose crinkled in distaste, thoughts floating a drift on a sea of memories back to when times had been simpler. As those thoughts drifted and her emotions fluxed, so did the weather for a large portion of the area of the city within which the Institute resided.

Where once the skies had been clear, the dotting of stars twinkling like pinpricks on a velvet sky, it was now overcast. Even in the darkness the clouds roiled, seeming all too ominous especially with the quickness of their arrival. While storms could arrive with such a quickness those in the know would recognize it for what it was. While it was neither destructive, nor vengeful in it's nature, there was a violence to it. A pure violence that would call to those with a more primal, more feral nature even if they were not creatures of the sea, such as she. Even those who hid it it beneath suit and veneer would feel the draw to go out and be one with the Wylde that was now pouring from the sky.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 1:15 pm

Krysto wasn't tall at 5'9, but he wasn't a small man. He certainly knew how to move through a crowded room though. She was always in his field of view, and never more than 2 arm lengths away. His wolves, disguised as men by the pendants on their collars, moved like a cohesive unit around the two of them as she made pleasantries with the mortals. It wasn't until she made her way to the balcony that he had a semblance of relaxation. She stepped out and he followed, although he didn't stray far from the door. When the clouds began to form, he retrieved the collapsible umbrella from the back pocket of his suit pants and opened it, just as the rain began to fall. He stepped lightly on his way out to her, quietly calling to her "Milady, you must be careful. You never know what sort of miscreants may be sensitive to magical abilities. Or who may come to investigate." He arrived next to her with a smile "Not that I'm chastising you"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 2:09 pm

"You never chastise me, Krysto. Not verbally at least."

When she did finally respond, she hadn't turned to look at him, even the intonation of the words distant. Distracted. She had also fallen to her native Greek, a tongue old enough that few even knew how to translate it now-a-day much less speak it. The lack of turn to him was not meant out of rudeness, a fact that he would have long ago learned. The distraction to her words would also tell him that this was not a storm she had intentionally drawn forth. Perhaps she may not have even realized that she called it, much less the potency with which it already held. Or would build too.

The soaking of the rain to her hair seemed to only darken, emphasize the colors of the sea that highlighted the otherwise sun struck gold that tumbled from her head. As he watched her, he would catch the faint ripple of scale through the impressively high cut in her dress as they flashed along her legs. Or the way they danced along a bared shoulder. A sign that her glamor was slipping. Never long periods, but still there none the less. Then there was her voice. It would always sound husky. Like a rougher caress, a total contrast from her physical appearance. Though it worked, especially when raised in song. For many a being, human or otherwise, it sounded like an intimate caress. Reaching places that were meant for only behind closed doors. He would know that even standing here now, it was not being directed at him. It was merely part of the trial that had in the end saved her life. It was why she was usually so careful with her words, speaking them so rarely. At least to others than him.

"Even still you address me so formally when I've told you, you may call me Ash, or if you need some sense of propriety, Asherah. Have we truly not become friends yet ?"
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 2:30 pm

His smile grew warmer as he responded in ancient Greek as well "Aye we have, and yet Formailty still seems to be the best way to bring you out of your thoughts. Especially when we are trying to keep a low profile" his eyes looked past her and his demeanor changed in a second from warm and comforting, to rigid and protective, as a Large, almost to large of a man climbed over the railing. No. Not climbed. Stepped over. As if he had walked to the balcony. His red hair and electric blue eyes stood out against the darkness of the rain, both for their color, as well as the passive hostility in them. Krysto stepped around to her rear putting them both at equal distance, his voice loud and authorative "State your business Friend. Lest you find yourself on the receiving end of my spear".

Lightning did stop at the man's words. Almost flawless English, but his accent definitely gave away that English wasn't his first language. And to be threatened. He really was getting tired of the open threats people were throwing around. This was Rhevs part of the city, technically, but he was busy. And this almost felt like Fae magic, which means he dealt with it directly anyway. "You might want to second guess that line of thinking" and those electric orbs landed on her "May wanna tell your hound to heel before he makes a big mistake" Diplomatic. Was what he kept telling himself to keep level headed. It wasn't quite working, the stress, anxiety, and sense of impending doom fueling the sense of hostility he felt.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 2:50 pm

"The job was my choice. But the people. The crush. It's... Overwhelming at times. I miss my village."

Her words were quiet. Strained. That last admittance ? He would know she was was talking about her true home, a place that hadn't existed in hundreds of years. The fact that it was on her mind ? It boded poorly. Her eyes were still closed, head tilted skywards, but she quite clearly felt his shift, as well as the new presence that was simply impossible to miss. It was the faintest of internal smiles over her Guard's words. So formal, yet so polite even as he made his intentions clear. Then the comment about the spear. That may have actually been a tiny, husky giggle that slipped from her lips. That was before the words he spoke about Krysto.The snarl that tore from her throat was followed instantly by simple words, though they were still in Greek.

"Come to me."

She moved not an inch. Nary a fraction of her body, and while it was not screamed, you would hear it all too well even over the storm. Whatever she had just spoken Lightning, those were words of power. One heartbeat. Two. And then finally a third before a strike of Lightning came from the sky. From the storm. A strike with the force behind it that would surely Draw Grandfather's own with it intensity.

And it was aimed directly at your head.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 3:07 pm

It aim was true, but never found its mark. In that second before Lightning felt it, and lifted his hand to the sky challenging the impending force. The energy found the center of his palm and he called to it, demanding it bend to his will. Closing his fingers around the energy as the bolt began to dissipitate, causing his knuckles and fingers to crackle with arcs of electricity. Bringing his arm down his eyes found them again, and didn't leave them again as he raised his other hand, and called down a bolt of his own, drawing the energy like he had the first. Holding them both for a moment before absorbing the energy into himself, causing his eyes to glow with electricity "You missed. Mind telling me what the Fuck you're doing in my city" his words were extremely edged, and crackled with the power of the bolts he held.

Krystos hand disappeared instantly but waited for Ash's move. He had never seen anyone redirect, let alone catch and absorb, one of her bolts. He now had cause for concern.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 3:23 pm

"Step back."

Two words, still in Greek and clearly directed at you, Krystos. Not an order per say, but with a firmness that you knew she despised using. But oh her focus was fully had now. It would also be noticed that she did not use your name or your title.

Lightning, had it not been for the intensity of the storm, or more perhaps the intensity of the bolt that would have hit anyone other than you and likely fried them, you might not have thought much of her. Then she opened her eyes. While she may still look entirely human, those eyes sucked at you. Power in them as you had only ever seen in few, she was no longer playing nice. Tit for tat was the case one might say. You could tell she assessed you before speaking again. This time it was in English as well, though the accent also was clearly not that of an English born being.

"At least you did not waste it. That alone earns you a modicum of respect. Though I wonder if you as well should not be featured in the Institute's new collection. If I were to Hazard a guess, you'd be the Myth given flesh and form. Perhaps you should read a bit more, Lightning. I did NOT miss, you caught it. I have yet to miss a target. I am in THE City of Chicago to deliver something. That is all."

The it in question clearly being the bolt, there was no arrogance to her words, simply the confidence of fact,
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 11:18 pm

"Glad your perceptive enough to notice. Mind telling me who you are and what exactly it is your delivering? We don't tend to take kindly to blatant uses of power, especially on this scale" his voice was still edged but he was cooling off. Whoever they were they weren't causing a ruckus as far as he could tell, but that didn't mean he could just allow them to run around doing as they wished. He wasn't sure how he didn't notice the presence before it landed. But the shudder of the Norsemans feet threatened to bring the balcony down.

Padraic righted himself and turned to face the group of them, eyes only for Lightning. He had initially come to investigate the source of the storm but the Wolf King was a more pressing matter. He didn't even take notice of the Greecian who pulled a short sword from no where, keeping himself between Padraic and his woman. Padraic faced Lightning and crossed his arms, voice agitated "You come to make a deal?"

Lightning had been cooling off. That was over the moment the Goliath spoke. He could feel the rage boiling.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 12:05 am

"Neither my male nor I owe answer to you, King or not. Though as he will likely remind me I should be polite, even though you have a penis and are proving more and more why I despise males as a whole, I will answer one question."

Sucking in a slow, calming breath, the storm itself began to pitter down to nothing but a gentle cleansing rain.

"King of the City as you call yourself, if you kept up with events other than just how many fleas are in your fur, you'd know I'm here to deliver one of the new pieces to the Institute's most recent collection. Thus the ruckus... The Gala going on back inside."

She'd barely had time to utter those words when her own skin started screaming as this new massive sprawl of a man landed. Blink. Blink. Blink. Muttering to herself in vexation, she laid a hand lightly to your arm Krysto, silently implying to resheath your weapon. For now. Then stepping around you, she cleared her throat pointedly and spoke before Lightning even had a chance to respond.

"The second rude male of the evening. Leave it to a God-Blood to interrupt what was clearly an ongoing conversation. If the two of you would like to brawl as Godless Barbarians, it would be appreciated if you would take it away from this place."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 12:43 am

Padraics demeanor didn't change, but that hostility turned towards the woman, who was bawking like a true greecian woman. His voice echoed as he spoke "As you so elegantly put it, I don't answer to you. I have an issue with this fleabag and the fact that he harbors a destructive force and refuses to do what is right and allow me to end it!" Lightnings voice boomed with the crackle of lightning and accompanying thunder "You will not have him! I don't care what sacred quest you're on from whatever proclaimed gods you happen to follow. You..!" He looked between the two of them, and the greecian male slowly disappearing that sword "Are in my City. And until you leave you are my responsibility, which means you do, in fact, answer to me." He looked back at the mountain "I am Ulric Herne, He that Grasps the Lightning. Legendary Storm Lord Ahroun of the Cairn of Asgard. The man you seek is the Smith of Gaia. And you will have to fell me and my entire force before we allow you to harm one hair on his head" the blade appeared in his hand an instant later, it's flat tip giving the blade an odd look, but the electrical arcs jumping along it gave it a menacing aura. Padraic uncrossed his arms and held his hands out. His axes landed a second later and a 'Thump', his mundane Street clothes once more fading to the ancient Nordic armor, and Woad "Alright then Wolfie. Let's see if you can dance"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 1:18 am

"Leave it to the men folk to answer violence with violence. Gods forbid that there be another way to solve the problem."

Shaking her head at the fact that the two of them were clearly going to come to blows here, she turned to shoot a glance at you, Krysto. Leaning in to murmur into your ear, quietly enough that only you would hear,

"Find a way to clear out the museum. They fight here and now, not only will there be property damage but blood of the innocent will be spilt as well. They may not be my people, but it does not mean I'll stand by and watch it happen. I'll try to buy time."

Turning back then to look at the two men, she directed her words to Lightning,

"Just a piece of advice, going toe to toe with a God-Blood rarely goes well for anyone. Perhaps try a more diplomatic route ? If that doesn't work, having a small army ready to call forth would not be a bad idea."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 2:39 am

Lightning meant to speak, but was cut short as the Moonbridge opened behind him. He turned and watched Steele step through looking at him with reservation "Sorry boss. Not gonna sit by while everyone sacrifices themselves for me" he stepped around Lightning and even threw the hand that tried to grab him away as he made his way over to the Mountain. He stopped in front of him and held out the chain in his hand "Give us a chance" were his only words.

Padraic was cut off guard. He knew he was staring at the Avatar. But he couldn't sense the malice and sense of impending doom and destruction from him. He seemed to have squelched Fenrir, but it wouldn't last. Fenrir always won. But his curiosity did take hold of him "Whats that do?"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 3:04 am

It was a quiet sigh as a ripple of magic flared that had nothing to do with any of those gathered here. This was starting to get old. Maybe she should have just stayed inside and none of this would have happened. Her head did tilt in curiosity though at this newest player. A scarred male, yet it only served to make him look more like moving art as was the piece of 'jewlery' in his hands. Moving to the side to get a better viewing of it all, she settled precariously on the thin rail of the balcony. Kicking her shoes off and nudging them aside, she looked to you Krysto before quietly extending a hand for you to join her. At this juncture, the two of you seemed more like forgotten bystanders.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 5:15 am

"It'll buy time" was Steeles only response to the man. Lightnings hand came down on his shoulder, but he quickly shrugged it off "Leave it Sparky. I'm done with you assholes throwing yourselves into dangers path over me. I'm capable, so let me help myself" his words were clipped and his eyes held the passion those syllables lacked. Lightning offered nothing in return. Steele continued "You take this. Consider it a gift of faith. If I can't maintain control or find another solution you put it on me, and take me where ever to do whatever you need. Deal?"

Lightning was flabbergasted. What the hell was Steele doing?! Literally at a loss for words. His blade disappeared as quickly as it had appeared.

Padraic hesitated before taking the chain being offered. He could feel the power thrumming through it. It was amicable "I need the word of your people they won't interfere." His eyes lifted to Lightning briefly "That I will be allowed to do what is necessary when the time arises." His features actually softened "Its not you I'm after. Just what your carrying around with you. I am sorry that it has to be this way. I'll accept your deal. But when you fall, and they always do, I will be there. You will deal with me, as will any who step in my way. I pray you find a path forward that is blessed, but I won't hold out for it" he looked over at the other two "And considering my curiosity is sated, ill clear out so the Greeks can pull their panties out of their snatches" he didn't wait to hurl himself skyward and was gone. It was then Steele finally looked over at the two strangers "Apologies for the interruption. I'll leave you to it" and turned to make his way back towards the Moonbridge.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 8:58 am

She'd grown surprisingly quiet as the conversation had progressed, though that was not to say that she was wasn't intently observing the situation. It may not be realized by any who did not know her, but Krysto, you would recognize that sleepy look to her features to actually be a cover for hyper focus. Her hand did still rest on your arm, but it was very still. One might say she might not even be breathing. In fact she didn't even have a quippy, if scathing come back for the God-Blood's parting comment to them. It was almost as if she were a statue. The only reason you knew she wasn't was because you'd seen her as a statue once, albeit briefly. It wasn't until the red headed male turned to walk through the odd portal that he had appeared out of that she seemed to snap out of it. Shaking her head roughly, as if trying to clear it, that rough, husky voice piped back up.

"Wait. May I take conversation with you before you leave please, unknown one ?"

Clearly her words were directed at Steele's back, her body having rocked forward a bit on her precarious perch to make sure she could be heard without yelling.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 1:17 am

That caused both Steele and Lightning to become stark still. Lightning watched Steele who in turn barely looked over his shoulder speaking loud enough to be heard "You'll have to forgive me, but im out of sorts lately. Mayhaps of you linger long enough in the city we can talk, but I feel you'll have to come to me to do that" he shifted his focus to the other side "Which she will be allowed to do" the authority in his voice had only been heard once by Lightning, and he was justified then to. Lightning nodded "Very well. I'll return with you" and he didn't wait before disappearing through the Bridge. Steele waited for him to pass through before speaking again "You'll need to forgive him. He faces a great loss and doesn't know how to handle it." He turned smiling warmly "He's stressed"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 1:41 am

It was a curious stepping forward, almost awkward in a sense as her hand went to reach out only to stop mid air then suddenly jerk back. For a moment the storm intensified before she tipped her head back and murmured soothingly, the way one might to a skittish colt,

"You may calm now, little one. Forgive my turbulence. You need not rage so fiercely."

Not even a handful of heartbeats later, it did in fact calm as if in response to her words. Looking back to you Steele, she blinked a series of times, head tilting as she studied you. Murmuring, more musing aloud than directly speaking to you,

"God not God blooded, but you are a vessel for he who would rage against his chains. Poor one being locked to a body not his own. Met with such aggression how would one expect him to react ?"

Shaking her head as if to clear it,

"I'm sorry. I don't know what just happened. I think your King and I struck out on the wrong foot. My name is Asherah, she who walks with the waters. You may call me Ash if you wish. "

Shooting a half glance over her shoulder at you, Krysto, it was clearly an all clear sign, that you could interact, should you wish
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 2:18 am

Krysto's smile was warm and inviting as he nodded to her and spoke up "And I am Krysto of Sparta, Wolf Master of Leonidas. Favored of Athena. Pleasure to meet one in this city that doesn't seem hostile."

Those words actually made Steeles smile wider "Yeah. Lot of high strung oldies. It's my fault honestly. If I had been able to maintain control..." His words fell off as that voice came back, but different. Before it was rage filled, hateful, spiteful. Now it was calm, and collected 'Not entirely.' Was that an admission?! 'No. But maybe your right. Maybe it doesn't need to be this way. But I know no other way. I am doomed to be what I am' Fenrir seemed to be at odds with himself 'Keep it up and I'll go back to the way I was' Fine. Fine. He wouldn't dwell on it. He seemed to come back to himself awkwardly and nodded "I am Jacob Fenricsen, Bends the Will of Steel. Elder Get of Fenris Ahroun of the Cairn of Asgard. Pleasure to make your acquaintance"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 2:35 am

"I don't believe I've been called an oldie since Hera's last minion made their attempt on my person."

One of her hands had reached out to lace her fingers companionably with yours Krysto, though you would feel the tiny tremor that ran through her as she did. Until her eyes went wide and she froze stock still in shock for a moment. When she finally spoke again, she had unintentionally fallen back to her native Greek. That rough, husky voice flickering with excitement,

"I can hear you ! My apologies I did not mean to not make inquiry of you but I was uncertain of your wakefulness within him at the moment. Norse. I was right upon the flavoring but please may I ask of your name ? It's rude to leave one who does not slumber out of conversation."

Yes, Steele, she had clearly forgotten you and if you had to hazard a guess was speaking directly to HIM. Though God's alone only knew how she'd been capable of hearing him.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 2:42 am

They both felt it. Him and Fenrir. Internally, equivalently, looked at each other and made a temporary agreement. Steeles eyes closed briefly before opening again, those crimson eyes staring at her, almost through her. The severe pressure he brought with him was almost overwhelming. He spoke but the words were forced, and shook the balcony "I, am the Eater of Worlds. Son of Loki, brother of Hela. Fenrir" the mentioning of the name brought the world around them to silence, even the storm above dissipitated into nothingness out of fear of him. He looked up at the now clear sky and scoffed, but it was with a hint of disappointment "You understand what you have stumbled into, do you not Favored of Athena and Hated of Hera?"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 2:55 am

You could tell she felt the pressure, the very weight of your mere vessel shackled presence yet she did not cave beneath it. She simply shifted her balance to a more sturdy stance before giving your hand a squeeze, Krysto before withdrawing hers. The bow she did give then was old. Formal. A proper acknowledgement of respect, even though a different pantheon you may be. When she rose, it was firstly with a gentle, chiding task.

"You need not be rude to my storm. It acknowledges your power with the decision to leave. Should you wish to see it again, I can whisper it back to us. Though perhaps a less... Populated area. You forget a title that I possess, though I suppose as you are male, it is to be expected."

That last bit was most clearly and definately shockingly her teasing with him. It was perhaps just as shocking as the fact that she had dared correct him, no matter how politely done.

"Though I must say, Fenrir, if I may call you as such, I do not know what my companion and I have stumbled into. We are meant to be within the city only this one night. Would you be so generous as to inform us please ?"
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 3:11 am

His face remained aimed skyward "Your earthly titles mean little to me." His eyes fell to her once more "And your storm was the rude one. I did nothing to it" They could feel it. His rage was building once more "And I begin to run out of time" as his words finished he lurched, as if something wanted to rip free of him. He grasped his mid section and grunted "You've stumbled into the end of Midgard." Another lurch "Asgard!" He quieted a second before whispering "Everything" his body did begin to shift, but Steele seized the chance, and instead of black, the fur that appeared was red, marred by the white along his right side. 'NO! NO! I WILL NOT BE SQUESTERED!' He fought Steele, but he wasn't as strong as he had been, or maybe Steele was stronger now. Steeles voice was broken as he fought "Apologies. I must be going" and without another word flung himself through the Bridge. It slammed shut as he disappeared through it.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 3:27 am

It was clear she would have said something else, though whatever it would have been was held at bay by the returning of that rage. She knew not why she did it but something was thrust at him even as they went through the portal. Whatever it was somehow slipped around their wrist (magic, refer to page one) and transferred with them wherever they disappeared to. When they were to land, it would be to the scent of storm and sea enveloping them. HER scent. There was also the softest sound of song. Her voice soothing. A calming Siren's song, one of a mere handful ever to be sung in recorded and forgotten history.

Once the portal closed, she slowly turned to look at you, Krysto. While there was a rarely seen confusion in her gaze, her voice remained calm. Certain.

"That vacation time you keep telling me I need to take ? I'll be sending the e-mail once we're back inside. If you think it's wise that we stay."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 3:37 am

Krysto seemed complacent "I figured that would happen. Perhaps we can find some modest lodging. I'll look into it." He settled his hand on her shoulder and drew her into a friendly embrace, whispering to her "You do understand that this could bring Her down on us?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Place Where Lost Things Go   The Place Where Lost Things Go Empty

Back to top Go down

The Place Where Lost Things Go
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next