The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's a Long Strange Road

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

It's a Long Strange Road Empty
PostSubject: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyFri May 11, 2012 3:37 am

Caleb sat behind the wheel of his cab, fingers drumming along to a song almost permanently stuck in his head. Granted most things he saw and heard at Hark the Raven stayed with him for a while. Even thinking about the club caused the corners of his lips to curve upward. It was quite the adventure, every time he visited. It helped that thanks to Eli Vanquish had named himself along with the rest of the members of the Silver estate, as permanent VIPs. It had made for several exceptionally eventful evenings.

Still, despite that here he was sitting in his cab. Not waiting for a fare. Trying however to ignore the gnawing guilt that seemed to have finally found it's voice. A voice that had been drilling doubt into his head for the last couple of weeks. Proof given by the bottle of rum that was nearly empty but still in hand. In fact at the memory of it he lifted the glass to his lips and swallowed the rest of it.

The car made a low disapproving sound, and he rubbed her steering wheel. "I know baby, but good news if I need to go somewhere you can always drive me." His avatar, the brain behind the brawn of the vehicle, his creation, was worried about him. Not that he blamed her. He patted the wheel again, before getting out.

Leaving the car behind, he began a meandering sort of walk down the street. His goal was to get more alcohol, since he had so recently run out. That had been the goal, what he ended up doing was wandering. Empty bottle in hand, thoughts turned far from the concrete and passerby.

He was disheveled, he'd left his top hat in his car. Realizing that forged a flash of rage and turning he cast the bottle at the nearest wall, watching it shatter into a thousand pieces. That at least he could relate to.

Back to top Go down
https://silverpaths.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:03 am

I'd been staying out longer and longer with each passing night, cutting closer to the hours of dawn that would have me stuck out with a haven far from as secure as that which Tao's lodgings offered. It wasn't like I was purposely trying to turn myself to a crisp, simply stated I was trying to take the advice an old friend had given me. Use my many talents for something good. I wondered how long those words would be my mantra before I finally perfected it. I knew I had people that worried over me, but only two of them didn't seem to question what I did. As if thy trusted that I'd keep myself safe if I continued to insist on going out alone. Which I did mind you. I needed the time to think, and honestly the more people with me, the more that I had to protect. They simply didn't understand the Underbelly of the great city like I did. The one person who stood a chance in Hell of convincing me to stop still wasn't back. He had to be gone. It was his job, I tried to use that weak excuse to silence the fears that liked to dance through my mind when it came to him.

It had been decidedly quiet tonight, enough so that I was thinking of moving onto another portion of the city when I heard the shattering of glass against a wall three buildings down and a handful of levels lower. With a cat's like grace, I closed the distance quickly. Silently being the more important part though, my feet had me balanced on the upper ledge, just above the person mere moments later. Och they were angry. Making sure that there was no on else around in sight, I dropped down behind the figure, lithe as ever as I landed. Letting the impact of the landing be absorbed up through the soles of my feet, my nostrils crinkled as I caught the scent of alcohol. Rum. Oh what a sweet scent. I was debating taking my late night snack off of them and riding the buzz when I scanned their aura. Gods above and below be damned. What was that dastardly mage doing ferschnookered and out by himself anyways ? Didn't he need to have Mal hanging about his arm like usual ?

Okay now that was just a pissy thing of me to think. Taking a moment to study him from this angle before I announced my presence, I frowned. He was one of the few who the perpetual disheveled look was just damn appealing on, but tonight even he was taking that to a new level. Growing a bit worried now, especially by the fact that he had yet to notice my presence...What if I had been someone with ill intentions towards him ? Rocking forward on my toes, hat pulled low over my features to help keep my long, bone pale hair hidden from sight, my hand was reaching out, gloved fingers going to brush his shoulders even as my voice spoke quietly, quietly enough for it not to carry to anyone but him.

"What are ye doin out here alone, Mage ? Trouble frequents these parts of the city, didn't ye know ?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:35 am

The touch caused him to react before her voice registered. He lifted her a half dozen feet off her feet before he turned around, without ever laying a hand on her. Her nimble frame was far out of reach of either foot or hand should she get frisky. He also raised the broken glass like a storm of shards, the bits of razor pieces a flashing whirlwind of promise. A twisting writhing promise of pain. Swinging his foot around he turned in place and looked up at her.

Surprise registered after a moment, it took a bit of time for who she was to fully take hold of him. The alcohol wasn't helping. It didn't help that her hair was tucked away, and that he had just happened to run into her here. His green eyes flashed left and right to make sure they weren't entertaining observers. For all purposes they were alone. His gaze shifted back up to her, and he finally grinned. "I'm not so terribly helpless as all that. I did grow up in New York after all."

He kept her right where she was, suspended above him, off her feet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:21 am

"Fancy meeting you here of all places, chap, and smelling like the bottom of a whore's house barrel to boot."

Okay so maybe he didn't reek of the drink quite that bad, but with the direction he appeared to be heading, he soon would. Before I said anything too snarky though, that glass was just going to have to go. Besides, could I truly be all too factitious to that face ? Couldn't blame him I suppose being as I kind of had gotten the jump on him, or at least had intended to by less than honest means. It didn't help that I was dressed like a...Well dressed like a young Male out for a night on the town. Just seemed to make the job detail easier looking like this than like a woman these days. Looking down at him expectantly, I let loose the wild mane of hair that was remarkable enough a shade naturally that may a woman would kill hair like mine.

Eyeing him, patience growing thinner by the moment, I couldn't afford to be up here. I had more important things to do. Yet damn him and that devastating charm he seemed to ue from every pore.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:48 am

HE tilted his head curiously at her, grin shrinking into something more mischievous. Her words were friendly enough, if you could call the mild insinuation friendly. Then agian, he was drunk. Still her impatience was kinda cute. He never thought he'd see the night that she attempted to be politically correct... well close anyway. Better then some he could think of.

Since she didn't ask him to put her down he didn't.

What he did do however was slow the swirl of glass, widening them into a loop several feet wide. It spun lazily as it lifted to float around he. Forest green eyes narrowed just a little under the weight of concentration. As they drifted around her the bits and specks list their hard edges, and briefly they bobbed around her like rain before beginning to merge into a multitude of quarter inch masses of pulsating liquid. From there they took on points, five a piece. Until she was quite literally suspended amidst a sea of spinning, tiny glass stars.

As they rotated around her he called on a secondary sphere, and when she eventually looked back at him he winked. The small movement timed with a flash of Forces that illuminated the core of each star. Every light its own pale supernova, they were bright but cast no more light together then a single candle flame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:04 am

Somehow I should have guessed that's what he would do. Well not that exactly but something along the lines. Caleb was simply that. Unexpected and unique as the day was long. A tall, fresh drink of water was also a possible symbolism. Not sure what to expect in these next moments, eyes narrowed and shifted back and forth repeatedly from between the swirling mass and the Male controlling it. Yet of everyone, he was one of the rare few who had never directly spoken out against me. He was also with Mallory so what in the world was he doing here, smiling up at me and doing such crazy thi...By Anunbis's sharp and pointies...

It was almost perfect that my hair had been let down for those multitude's of candles spinning about turned me into something beautiful and unique for a moment. As their glimmer and exquisite shine fell upon me, I was lit up as well. Were he human, he would have only seen the way it played upon my hair, but he was a Supernatural being as well so he might have been able to see more. While he had never seen the true beauty of my eyes before I had so carelessly thrown away Rashid, when the Male had still been an integral part of me they looked something similar now. Gun metal gray optics had regained their lightning, though this was more that of a gentle, yet potent potent storm over the Highlands, whereas before it had been the violent flash of a world ender at twi-light. Eyes that flickered were resting beneath a halo of bone white sheen that fell around my shoulders much like a cloak of some form. It managed, even with the black on black attire to turn me into a beacon of glorious, beautiful light.

I shouldn't be doing this. I should just vanish and leave him to get bored until he finally walked away. Yet we were just playing, what harm could there be in that, right ? So it was that I reached out. Black gloved fingers casting their own unique imagery beneath the Maelstrom that could cut through me like a knife curled and beckoned. Reached out and asked him to join me almost as if I were asking him to come sky dancing with me. Rolling my shoulders back, there was a split second where I looked like a Christmas Angel, my wings an ethereal portrayal of light and swirling energy behind me. When I spoke, it was on such a hushed whisper as if to speak any louder would shatter everything around me.

"Join me, Caleb. Move with me in this little world of light and beauty that you've created ? If you dare to dance among the stars that is."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:13 am

He smiled then, lips pressed together, gaze drinking in her beauty as it shone around her like a luminescent halo. The image he carried hidden within his jacket, a photograph brought to life from his perfect memory, of this same woman in her pajamas. The sight had been far to delicious for him to allow it to simply fade away.
If another laid their hands on the image it would seem to have been taken by a master photographer, thankfully he wasn't planning on letting anyone lay their grubby paws on it. It would have been a lie to say he wasn't also little pleased that he had seen her in it, but the m15 agent hadn't. Served him right.

His magic never failed to be useful. The snapshot changed as he watched her to what would have been a magnificent painting. This, in this one moment she outshone every other second she had ever stood in his presence. Now it was imprinted in deep colors, a few that hadn't existed until he called them from his mind, cloaking them away within that hidden pocket.

It had a certain poetic imagery, her invitation. The shining brilliance, Tatianna, the goddess come to earth. Offering her had to man to join her in the sky for a night.

Only a night... ...What could it hurt? Then again he would concern himself with the consequences later, now as she held her hand out he held his hands out at his sides and lifted off from the ground until he could take her offered hand. His own was warm, rough without being ragged. Stepping back, still lightly clasping her fingers he bowed. Waiting just long enough encase she did something similar, he pulled her firmly to him. Free arm encircling her narrow waist. He wiggled his eyebrows as soft music began to play, and the two of them began to rotate slowly. The stars spun around them, their light pulsing in time to the music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:49 am

I had waited, yet again not sure what to expect from the mystery that was Caleb. I realized in that moment just how little I truly knew about him. Outside of a few flirtatious moments and the time that he had stopped the glass from falling upon us when there had been the altercation involving Mallory, I hadn't exactly ever really talked to him. Perhaps I had considered him off limits to get to know better because of his relationship with Mallory. Not having wanted to make things difficult, there had also been the tumult of my goings on with Fynn. I couldn't help the sting that washed across my eyes for a moment as I thought of him. Thankfully the lights cast something so beautiful that I was far from it's centerpiece, or so I would have myself believe. Yet neither he nor Mallory were here in this moment, just Caleb and I. Who knows ? From the way I had come upon him, maybe not everything was all well in Paradise for him either.

When he did finally choose to rise up to join me, the moment he had begun to ascend, I had made a snap second decision. Pulling off the gloves that I had been wearing until then, they were tucked away into a pocket for safe keeping, baring my hands to the night air. So it was that I could feel the sensation of his skin against mine, and he the surprising softness of my own. It was one of my few weaknesses, keeping my hands nice. Once he had bowed, still holding my hand, I made my own move of greeting. Something unique, something strictly Eli, it was a combination of both bow and curtsy. My smile was radiant as he pulled me close, the charming combination of Angel and devil all bundled into one lithe package.

It was far from difficult to dance with him, as it was easy enough to tell that he was a rather capable partner. As much as we both needed this moment away from the world, I think there were questions that needed asking, at least one. My vigilante actions as of the recent nights had left me much time to contemplate on not just myself but others as well. On arm remained placed properly upon him for the positioning of our dance, though the other came to rise to his jaw. First it was just the pad of my thumb, caressing the firm line that was offered up. Seeing as the blind would, with simple touch of fingertips alone, pointer finger would sweep along his lower lip. Learning the texture, the sensation of his skin as I tried to find the right words I wanted to use. Finally coming to the understanding that Caleb of all people would likely be the one to best appreciate my normal blunt speaking,

"Why are you out here tonight, Caleb ? What has you so distracted that you're turning to the bottle instead of being back at the Silver residence with Mal and Gavin and that whole little happy family ?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:09 am

"I'm tired of being fed." He replied gently, rubbing his full lower lip against the pad of her questing thumb. Ragged dark hair falling into his eyes under the gesture, as it it had simply been awaiting an excuse to free itself. "I know what awaits me back at the Silver estate." Moss green eyes dropped to her hand, what he could see of it, following it's subtle curve to her shoulder. His gaze was almost tangible as it trailed up the side of her throat, along her jaw and found her lips. When he spoke again dark green found hematite grey. "It's a gamble out here at the very least, and growing more interesting by the moment."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:25 am

Eyes shadowed at his first words, hooded as they fought the urge to fill with memories invoked of personal experiences that weren't quite similar, but just enough so to attempt to dredge themselves up. Instead, I focused for the shortest moment on the way his lips felt against my thumb. Let myself sink into the intoxication that was summoned forth by the mere way his eyes seemed to be memorizing every inch of my body without ever touching it. For a fleeting second, I felt like the nervous sheep standing before the wolf, knowing that there was no escape...And in some way not wanting to.

"I haven't been to the Estate, Caleb, nor do I think it is my place to go. Believe me though when I say I empathize with the game of chance that is life when you're not behind the walls of a pretty manor home. Some of us aren't meant to live in that cage, no matter how gilded the bars may seem. It strangles one's sense of living, their innate survival instincts because there is no longer a need to work for what you have. You no longer have moments like this."

Rather than remove a hand from his skin, or my arm from about his waist, I tilted my head back, using it to gesture to the sky around us, the lights that made us their own flame. The movement caused my neck to show more intrinsically the pure swan like grace of it. The hollow between neck and shoulder that even as a Kindred still carried some illusive scent. Leaning in as if close enough to press my lips to his, yet not doing so, I nudged aside the fall of his hair. Wanting a clearer version of his gaze, as unobstructed as i could possibly attain, I asked a question that most would take as inciting turmoil between he and his fellow mage. Whether or not that was the truth of it, whether or not he would choose to answer was yet to be seen.

"Then why go back ?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:52 am

"Because Cassie, Leon, and Nathaniel need my help." He sighed, though a smirk followed soon after. "Typically I avoid attachments of any sort, but Cassie has helped me out and if I can help her free her brother from the monster that is his sire I will." He shrugged a single shoulder, and as if to counter balance the serious turn of their conversation he spun her away from him. Pulling her back into the sort of dip that would have left her hair trailing on the floor. Now however it only dangled free from the grit of the street by several feet. The tiny glass stars brushing through it as they spiraled around them.

It was in this dip that his head snapped up to look in the direction of Big Ben, where lightening struck it's top from a clear sky. This same view was inverted, but visible for the vampire in his arms. "What the hell?" This he murmured, and pulled her back to her feet beside him. His gaze remained transfixed, brows furrowed together. "That was... unnatural."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:43 am

Monster that was a Sire...By Anubis's fangy smile I understood that all too well. Cassie and Leon...Even after everything, Cassie had still stuck by me, and because of her, Leon had been there as well. Would that I could do something more to help her and her brother. I would just have to trust that Caleb would be enough. As to avoiding attachments... Gods...He and I could have shared the same handbook. Even that wasn't fully true anymore. I needed Liam as I think he in his own way did me, and then there was Vanquish...I doubted he needed anyone, but his training had made me so much more...Then there was Fynn...Gods would it ever stop hurting ? It had to, someday.

Though I didn't realize it immediately, the skill of my dance partner being an exquisite delight as he dipped me with the skill of a Master, a single scarlet tear had fallen from beneath closed lids to paint it's trail down alabaster features. Opening my eyes once more as he towered over me, a magnificent bastard in all his tussle headed glory, it was then that the lightning chose to strike. Even from this distance, I could feel it ripple across my skin, watching as I did Caleb's hair stand on end for but a moment before the breeze settled it back in place. Seeing that his response to it was the same as my own conclusion, it would only be Fate that it was he and I out here and not the others to bare witness to whatever had just transpired. Perhaps two of the best equipped to handle whatever would come of it, I pulled myself back up until my chest was pressed to his, my lips the softest whisper against his ear even as I called upon one of my family's gifts. A single word was uttered into his ear even as our bodies snapped from sight.

"Vanish."

I had done my part to cloak us, hopefully from the sight of whatever had possibly come into play, and now I awaited his lead, curious to see what the Mage would have up his sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:46 am

Despite the distraction he gave all his attention to Eli as she rose back into his arms. As her voice whispered in his ear he brushed a lightly whiskered cheek against the soft skin of her jaw. When she called on her Obfuscate, he finally stepped back enough to gain free use of his hands. The stars flowed into them as he held them out like a child catching fireflies.

Closing his fingers together a light shone within them for a few seconds, before fading away. When then parted he held the gift out to her. A snow-globe rested in his palm, with two figures dancing suspended in nothingness. White sand at their feet. When shaken the tiny grain rose up, keen eyes would make out that each grain was it's own star.

When she took it from him and pocketed it, it took up no space in her pocket, and bore no weight. A moment later they found themselves at the base of the clock tower, it only took him a moment of violence to put the guards out. "Before you ask..." He set the second guard down unconscious beside the first. "I could have put us at the top, but it didn't seem very subtle." He gave one glance around to make sure they weren't being watched. "Work your magic, the front doors-men don't get keys."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:02 am

Too soon our dance had been so rudely and abruptly ended by that strike of lightning that was anything but weather related. I made it a solemn, if silent vow that we would dance again, and this time we would finish the steps out as they were meant to be. The thought tickled at the back of my mind for a millisecond that maybe this was how Fate had intended for our dance to end. Fuck Fate. I refused to let it be my Master any longer. Or would have had my vehemence not been shattered by Caleb's actions. The brush of his stub-bled cheek against my jaw would have had a weaker woman gasping with the tendril of heat it incited. Keeping my wits about me, I watched his actions with the utmost intensity. Amazing. Damned glorious prick was going to end up stealing a piece of me were he to continue doing little things like this. What surely meant nothing to him...Blinking to clear the faint mist from my eyes, I placed it within my pocket as tenderly as I once had a certain Canopic jar.

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."

The words slipped from my lips even as he was insta- traveling us to the tower. Whether for him, myself, or even the both of us, I had no clue where they'd even come from. Lips curved in the most wry of smiles then as I stepped forward, I refreshed the obfuscate upon us before pulling out the tools of one of my trades. Focusing on the lock the way a man would his lover, it took several moments of concentration but before long the sounds of tumblers turning, sweet music to my ears could be heard. Knowing he could still see me as well as I did him, a single finger rose to my lips. Gloves had been returned to my hands and now I motioned him to stay close and as silent as possible. Then creeping gingerly up the stairs, my hooded features were wary and beyond cautious. Hoping he'd understand my hand motions for what they were and follow me up, I made my way quickly to the top of the tower, hands hidden with my cloak resting upon my weapons, should they be needed.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:41 am

On quiet feet he moved inside and up the multitude of wooden steps past the cogs, marble, and paintings that decorated. For an old tower, it was exceptionally well kept. Then again every pocket-watch in London was set to the bells and whistles of this four faced beauty. He let Eli take the lead, it made for a much better view.

----

Sam had finally gotten to her feet, eyes darting around the large open... bell tower? A quick look around showed her she was alone. That fact alone allowed the mask of aloofness to break away. Dark brows furrowed together and getting to her feet she took a closer look around. Four huge clock faces, and several bells overhead. Walking across the firm wood and stone floor to the nearest of the faces. A little bit of searching showed her there was a tall narrow door set into it. IT wasn't locked, and pulling it open she got her first look at the city that lay out before her. London seemed different, but she couldn't quite figure out why.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:14 pm

Feeling his presence at my back, I couldn't help but spill a small smirk of feminine awareness. The Mage hadn't hidden his attraction, however slight it may be, nor had I hidden mine. So as we spiraled our way up, I put that extra bit of oomph into my step. Feeling his gaze, I knew how my body looked in the sculpted black leather. I knew how he looked from the back as well and had circumstances been different, I would have insisted he walk ahead so I could be the one enjoying the scenery. Ah but such were the lines of duty and this was more my field than his, or so it would seem. Regardless, we had just reached the rather small platform at the top when the door came swinging open. It was a good thing I'd stopped because it gave me the opportunity to stand there, a vague hint of a frown feathering it's way across my brows.

The young woman standing there was rather close in appearance to myself age-wise though it was her odd attire that was more my concern. Not that I found it unappealing by any means, but she obviously wasn't from he...Hades...Hazarding a guess I wasn't positive that she was even from the now. There was still something else that was triggering warning bells in my head that I just couldn't put my finger on quite rightly. Scanning her aura, I bit back a string of curses, not wanting to give away our presence just yet. Noting at least one obvious weapon upon her person, most obviously being the knife in her boot, there was something against her shoulder. It looked like a firearm, yet it was just odd. Where was Gavin and his love of shooting when he was actually needed ?

Hoping that Caleb wouldn't give us away just yet either, I moved as carefully as I ever had, slipping past her to end up behind her, just outside of striking range, but close enough that my quiet words could picked up by even the most deaf of ears.

"Who are you and by the River Styx itself, where are you from with that odd get up of yours ?"

Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:31 am

She was more then a little enraged with herself for allowing someone o sneak up on her,despite the circumstances. Even now she wasn't sure how she had gotten here, or what was wrong with the age old city she had been to on several previous occasions. That was the first reaction. The second was indignation that she didn't appear, at first glance, to deserve more caution this the stranger was showing her.

She turned, a simple gesture, and one that didn't give away her intent until the last moment. The metallic, nearly silver, color of the sleek pistol appeared in her hand with impressive swiftness. Closing a few more inch's of that space between them. It was good that the other woman had stopped just out of reach. The dark haired figure didn't point the weapon at Eli's face, no the muzzle was unflinchingly leveled at her chest. More specifically at her heart.

There was a cold glittering light in those crystalline, altramarine orbs.

This give the vampire a much closer look at the strange weapon. A good portion of the moving bits that occupied both Gavin and the Hatters guns was absent. All the main bits were there, barrel, grip, trigger. It could have almost been a toy for how simple it seemed. It was also probably several pounds lighter then any other pistol to date.

---
Caleb deeply appreciated the extra sass Eli tossed into her walk. It made the several story climb far more bearable. He was quiet though on the last flight of steps, giving away that he knew how to move did the situation truly call for it. When the occupant of Big Ben finally cam into view he spent several moments wondering how inhibited she was in those odd wide legged pants with their criss-crossing straps and chains. This little distraction caused him to not notice Eli again until she was almost all the way across the stone floor. He sighed softly, but couldn't bring himself to be overly worried. Confident that he could prevent any violence that might occur.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:02 am

"Really, Ducky ? It would seem that everyone I meet is going to pull a gun on me and this time I didn't even have a weapon drawn. Though yours is simply far shinier than theirs was."

The words were spoken in a tone that carried no accent, nor any hint of anger or concern. Gun metal gray gaze met one that couldn't simply be called blue, though mine seemed to lack the chill of this other woman's. Not to say that it was inviting by any means, it was simply more neutral. This whole ask questions first and stab later if need be was growing rather wearisome but it served it's purpose well enough. Well rather it served it's various purposes well enough.

A quiet sigh was released as that gun had been raised though, more seeming tired than actually aggravated. Taking a step or two backwards towards the ledge of the tower, precarious as it was, I kept my movements slow before hopping up onto it. While Caleb had yet to step out the door, to even make himself visible in any way, I refused to let a stranger, armed with her odd device be anywhere near to him. It wasn't that I didn't trust his skill, simply that if she decided to start shooting and someone were to get hit, I stood a better chance of surviving it. Especially if her aim was as good as her speed was. It would just figure that she was a Mage though. Seeing even a minute scale of what Caleb could do, there was a niggling concern over what this strange woman could possibly pull off if she felt threatened. Or Hell and Hades if she got a weird hair up her ass. One could just hope that she wasn't as trigger happy as Gavin tended to be. My next words a mere guess, an assumption really, they were at least civil conversation that would hopefully get that thing pointed elsewhere, or more preferably, put away.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say ye were lost. So let me help ye out a bit and maybe ye'll be less likely to put a bullet through me chest. As for the heart you're aiming for, well Ducky it's farther away than that will likely reach. None the less, it's June 15th in the year 1896. You're standing smack dab in London, May God save the queen and all that rot. Though lest ye waste your bullets unwarranted, don't bother shooting me unless you're packing something more than just normal ammunition. Now would come the point where we exchange names, but if you're still intending to shoot me, why don't we just get to it."

Standing there on that ledge all the while as the whole speech came tumbling out in rather impressive fashion, my hands had never moved anywhere out of her line of sight. No quick actions that could be taken as threat, no none at all. Damned if Cassie and Liam wouldn't be proud of me for how I'd acted...At least for now.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:17 am

Sam stared long and hard at Eli. As if by vision alone she could pick out if the other woman was lying to her. It all sounded terribly far fetched. One moment she had been dancing with Steel, the next she had been falling. OF all the places to end up the clock tower in London had not been expected. Really she hadn't had the faintest idea what happened, or how to stop it once it started. All the world changed in the blink of an eye and her she was, in the late 1800's, what the hell?

The look of vague boredom that this woman was offering her did little to alleviate the angry that had blossomed in her chest but all the same, since she wasn't going to shot her this moment, she re holstered her gun. Midnight blue eyes remained fierce however, demanding for answers to questions she hadn't yet voiced. Without looking she stepped away from the open glass door to the ether beyond. When Eli gave ground she stopped moving, expression turning suspicious. For someone who appeared so terribly unimpressed, why was she backing up? While tempted to again reach for her gun she suppressed the urge and shoved her hands in her pockets instead. When she spoke it wasn't with much of an accent, close to none at all though there was definitely something unusual about it. Hard to put a finger on what however. "Right so here I find myself. Do I have you to thank for that?" She played casual, but there was still a line of tension running through her.

----

Caleb blinked a the voice, to him too it seemed familiar. Maybe a bit more then it would to the vampire. It sounded a tiny bit like the girl was from new york, but in the same breath not at all like anyone he had ever spoken to. What in the nine hells was going on? Who would be foolish enough to start playing around with the fabric of time? He had heard rumors of Tyndalos, and his famous hound. Both had a... serious distaste for people taking these sort of matters into their own hands. His voice drifted into Eli's head. ~See if you can get any info out of her, but be careful. Offer assistance if you will, a bolt hole maybe but no more. We need to investigate this before we get too deeply involved. It would take an enormous amount of magic to pull this off. Whatever this is.~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:28 am

~ Relax Caleb, This isn't my first time doing this. Though if I didn't know better, I'd almost say you were worried over my well-being. I can think of a couple of places to put her up if she needs, though if we're lucky we'll have everything situated out and she'll be back home before dawn. Last thing in the world I need right now is a tan because I was out here dealing with this. ~

I let my mental response rub against his mind, the slink of telepathic fingertips caressing in a way that while most inappropriate in the given situation was meant to keep either of us from getting too tense. It was he who had come to my mind this time around and had the timing been different, I would have allowed him a far more intimate viewing of my inner workings, the very sanctum of my being. Taunting with a flash of my body clothed one moment as I was now, the next in that scanty bed attire I seemed to recall him enjoying spying me in, I vanished from mental sight, giving him a firm but gentle nudge out. Refocusing my gaze on the obviously still irritated female, I gave the most delicate roll of my shoulders, allowing the faint breeze to rock me about as I stood there on the ledge.

"I'm good, but not that good. Besides, I don't like going about just snatching people from places and dropping them high and dry. It tends to leave a rather messy trail unless you kill them first. Which unless you're getting paid a pretty penny is just not worth it in my book. Though you have a look about you that says I'd rather taking you hunting with me over killing you flat out. Then again if you insist that this turn to a kill or be killed scenario, I do so love a good fight and I've had to be good lately, so please give me a reason not to be."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:50 am

"If your not the reason I'm here, then why the hell are we talking?" She shifted in place, seeming to get angrier rather then calmer the more the other woman spoke. The lightening that had been her harbinger flashing through stormy eyes that couldn't seem to decide on what shade of blue they wanted to be. "And while I can appreciate a certain degree of cockiness your subtle threats while your proverbial hand is extended aren't making me feel any better about you or your associate." She didn't know if there was someone else, but if there was this was one of many tricks she had to flush them out.

Truth of the matter was, if this was 1896 then she was boned. Or would have been if she didn't have such a solid grasp on matter. The corner of her mouth twitched. That one thing would probably make all the difference, money after all made this little marble go round.

---

Caleb grinned at the mental imagery, and the sensation of featherlight touch. He left her mind, lovely as it was and returned to listening. Remaining out of sight was still the best option, but this chick was angry. He would have said bordering on violent, but he heard her put the gun up. Still, she had almost as much attitude as the vampire she was squaring off with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:10 am

"Because I'd want someone to do it for me. Either that or I would have shot them, flat out and not sat here as long as you have, hemming and hawing. As for associates, I work solo. It keeps you from making ties. Getting close, and then getting hurt when people die, or when they leave. At least I wouldn't now. Lets tie this up here and now though so that you can walk out into a city that's going to have every supernatural creature from here likely to the city limit gunning for whatever came in with that strike. And you ducky reek of it. But toodles. Should ye find yourself in need of help, well, I'm not all that hard to find."

No sooner were the words released from my lips then the reason for my position became evident. Using the tips of my toes to act as springs, I launched myself backwards and off of the tower top. Hood came down, hair an odd sort of halo as my body plummeted like a bullet towards the quickly incoming ground.Eyes were closed, enjoying the rush of the cool biting air, one hand going to my pocket to capture the globe the Mage had given and hold it tightly to my chest. Here was to hoping he was as good at catching as he was at everything else, otherwise I was going to have to land this quick fast and in a hurry so that I didn't end up becoming road bait.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:25 am

Sam stared at her, but was denied the opportunity for a response as the girl flipped off the tower. Well wasn't that just peachy, taking a step after her the mage peered down the long distance to the ground. Just in time to see the other woman vanish long before meeting with the earth.

----

For his part he was paying attention, and thought Eli to be damn lucky he was so good. Even a vampire would have trouble living through that fall. She landed neatly in his arms, but they no longer stood in London.

Instead the two of them were surrounded by people, music, a general atmosphere of joy flavored with mayhem as the costumed population of Venice swirled around them. The sound of Italian being spoken fluently touched the air, as did a multitude of musicians. Enough that there was almost a band on every corner. The Son of Ether grinned at her as he set her on her feet. "Tell me, if you could be anything in all the world for the rest of the night. What would it be? My costumes will rock the city, while you..." He reached out to touch her cheek lightly. "Break it's heart."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyFri May 18, 2012 8:21 am

"I would merely be a woman enjoying herself in the company of a devastatingly charming male. A roguish Male that knows how to please her and show her a side of the city that few will ever see."

Trust. He was one of the few people who had it from me, and while some part of me was screaming why was I risking it...I needed something of the old me. I was trying to hard to change, to make something better of myself that I almost didn't see me anymore when I looked in the mirror. In some ways that was exactly what I wanted, while in others...He caught me though. Just as I knew he would, the strength of his arms wrapping around me as even for a moment I let my head settle against his shoulder as if I were nothing but that normal, mortal woman. So when I found us standing in the center of the revelries, his question falling upon my ears, the answer was more than simple enough to give.

"Knowing though that someone out there will hear that and think it the trick of the year to actually make me so if only for a day...I am content with what I am. Yet it makes me wonder...When is the last time that someone asked what you wanted, Caleb ? How long has it been since your opinion actually mattered in something ? If an answer it is that you would wish, my desire is to be that which it is you want for tonight. I am your canvas and you the Master craftsman, create of me what you would."

When he reached out, those amazingly gentle fingers brushing ever so lightly, my own gloved hand rose to hold them there for a moment. Leaning into that touch, gun metal gray optics rose up to meet and hold his. It was strange how that with him I could show nothing but truth. That with this Male, I could be as straight forward as I was with Liam whom I most often shared a bed, and shared myself with. A sly smile crossing my lips, fingers curved mine around his as I drew his palm to my lips. A touch of butterflies wings. A breath of winter's chill caressed the center of his palm as devil's gaze caressed his own.

"But if I am to break their heart, would that not mean that yours would be included in that lot as well ? I would not wish to cause you such pain, though in the same hand...Remake me, Caleb. For these last few hours before dawn, turn me into that which you wish at your side...Please."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:35 pm

She just kept proving to be interesting. "Content with who you are... Now there is an personal accomplishment slash milestone that deserves rewarding." He tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Deserves something special." Taking her hand he pulled her into a narrow space between a pair of buildings. Leaving the music to fade mostly into the background. Dancing lights and throngs of people only a few steps in any direction. Still something about the shadows made this little section of city seem almost private.

He tilted his head and regarded her, her words drifting lazily through his mind.' If an answer it is that you would wish, my desire is to be that which it is you want for tonight. I am your canvas and you the Master craftsman, create of me what you would.' 'Remake me, Caleb. For these last few hours before dawn, turn me into that which you wish at your side' 'if only for a day...I am content with what I am' What did he wish her to be? Then it struck him.

Ah, of course.

Lifting a hand he flashed her a brilliant grin and snapped his fingers. Different but similar enough that the two of them were clearly together. His color choice was a deep cerulean, silver and black. Hers showed some skin but left plenty of curves to the imagination. A black dress that swept down over a chain-mail and leather corset. The black fabric arched over each hip and gathered together into a single strip that reached just past her knees. Burnished gold thread stitched out a flur'di'leis about eight inches tall, and seven across. Long legs were clad in more chain-mail, with thin steal plating over the knees. Knees high soft black leather boots, and a pair of fingerless gauntlets that reached to her elbows. The back of each hand, and arm metal plated. All this was covered in a stiff blue cloak, complete with deep hood. The cloak covered her shoulders, but left her arms bare.

His was close to hers in style, flur'di'leis decorated breastplate over chain shirt. Armored leather pants, and bucket top boots. He also bore a pair of fingerless gloves that reached about halfway up his forearms. Finished off with his own deep blue cloak. A pair of rogues they were, assassins, maybe even pirates.

To complete each costume was a mask, this was carnival after all. Hers was a delicate silvery number; set with pearled leaves and flowers. Each blossom set with a glittering diamond. His was all hard lines and carved from obsidian.

He bowed to her, and straightened up grinning and waiting for her reaction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's a Long Strange Road   It's a Long Strange Road Empty

Back to top Go down

It's a Long Strange Road
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next