The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To Steel Oneself

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 6:14 am

The Sept wasn't exactly a small place, one could get lost if you weren't careful. But that was the way of any forest. But the Camp, that was different. Not exactly close quarters, but definitely a close community. Anybody could be located within a moments notice. Except Steel. He seemed to always be the one nobody knew where he was, or what he was doing unless you directly asked him, and good luck finding him to ask. It's not like he tried, he wasn't even a Ragabash, just maybe happen to have picked up a few tricks. It also didn't help that he spent a good majority of his time locked away in his Spirit Forge. He was the only one who could safely step inside while it was in use. Not many knew why, but he was never willing to allow anyone to attempt it. But he knew. The roaring flames and intense heat would make Hepheastus sweat let alone anyone not indestructible. He often toiled away when he wasn't being visited by a particular female. She crossed his mind quite often while the flames danced before him, today especially. Her icy yet welcoming aura filled his mind as his hammer came down on the gauntlet atop the anvil. The intricacies of the metalwork were almost ethereal. A glance at them and one would wager he had ripped them from a crinos and cast them in molds. But further inspection would show the rune work inlaid through out knotwork. He lifted his hammer watching the runes glow fade, the spirits settling into their new home, great spirits of Wind and Ice, one in each gauntlet. They approved greatly of the new home the Smith of Gaia provided for them, and then intent behind them. He could be found appreciating his newly finished project and hoped beyond hope that they would be appreciated by others, one in particular.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 6:11 am

Rockford.

It was a shithole of a city in a state that didn't exactly have a lot of things to brag about. If you took away the Trifecta ruling Chicago… That was it's main selling point, one that a vast portion of the population, the humans had no clue even existed.

Yet again a shithole city did serve it's purpose and had been for sometime now. The sudden renewed absence of Tem...Her Mother when everything had just been starting to go right ? Her Father's unwillingness or perhaps personal inability to talk about it had just made another stinging blow. Could she really blame him though ? Her budding friendship with the King's Daughter had helped, even with the subtle pain filled looks she'd tried to hide when Lightning was mentioned. It would seem the clan of Assassains could have emotions. Even she had up and vanished, and if the rumors were true ? Well let's just hope they weren't. 

There was one spark of light in all of it though. Her scarred heart. Not that she'd called him that to his face, but that's what he was becoming. She should be striving to spend more time with him, maybe let him help her heal… It was easy to excuse it with saying he was needed in the Forge, albeit those were her words, not his.

Sitting on the floor of the shower in her shoebox of a cabin, she swished her mouth with scalding water before spitting it out. A fainter red, but still a red none the less. Carefully touching along her left side, she winced at the lengthy set of burn marks. The will worker had caught her well, but she'd still won. What better way to vent frustrations in the underground fight club that was exceptionally elite ? Okay, maybe there were better but this was the one she'd chosen. The small nest of coins, favors, and other useful trinkets she'd accumulated didn't hurt either.

Fingerings a small talisman, she murmured a few words before sending it flying on the winds.

"Come see me ?"

There was a first for everything, this one being her inviting him to her place. As long as she was out of the shower and dressed before he got there, he'd be none the wiser that she wasn't in tip top shape. That was her last cognizant thought before she drifted off into a soft slumber.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 1:10 am

The Talisman appeared before him and delivered its message before falling to the floor inert. He beemed and began rushing around the Forge "Sal, bud, I gotta go! The ore in the furnace needs to cook about another 2 hours, if im not back by then you know what to do!" The reptilian mewl that followed him out the door was his answer. He hadn't forgotten the Gauntlets. It wasn't until he stepped outside that he realized...she didn't say where she was. After a minute of pondering he decided to start at his cabin. She was known to stay there occasionally, although not recently. Ever since the incident with her Mother. He shook himself halfway to his cabin as his mind added somethings. She wouldn't have asked for him to come see her if she was there, she'd just wait for him to come back, like she usually did. He turned and looked at the almost hidden cabin, near the back of the camp. He smiled and got a little more excited. He'd never been to her place before. I didn't take him long to cover the distance, but as he approached her door to knock the smell of blood hit his nose, and a sense of urgency overcame him and he bullrushed through the door "WYN!! WYN WHERE ARE YOU!!" the sound of the shower had his feet moving in the direction of the bathroom, where he located her. She was passed out under the stream of water coming out of the wall. He waited to shut the water off a moment while he inspected the claw marks on her right side. Either she got into a fight an animal on fire, or someone who knew what they were doing. He stuck his hand in his pocket and pulled out a dark stone, one the same color of his Forge, and set down the Gauntlets. Closing his fingers around the stone he gently placed his hand on her wet flesh, allowing the magic of his Mother's Touch to do its work. The frown on his face was apparent, considering he had brushed his hair out of his face and tucked it behind his ear, allowing his full face to be seen. His emerald eyes trying to hide the disappointment he felt, as well as the rage his blood boiled with.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 1:37 am

It took a minute. Then two. Then a third and a fourth, but finally the magics you were calling upon to aid her seemed to start working. The slow progression would tell you just how much of a wallop she'd been hit with. Eventually one of her hands, which also showed signs of damage albeit minor, moved to rest lightly over yours. Her lips did tug at the corners, a hint of one of those rare true smirks she reserved for you working their way forth.

Her eyes rolled slowly open, those normally odd, pale optics a frigid blue, struck with what could only be a blizzard raging in their depths. That was where the only sign of her physical pain was let on, and even that was shrouded. Licking slowly at her lips as her eyes hunted for and found yours, her free hand came up to delicately trace over your fully bared features.

"Hey there gorgeous. What's a guy like you doin in a place like this ?"

Her words were quiet, clearly laced with humor but also a subtle undercoat of affection.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 2:15 am

His eyes brightened as soon as she opened hers, and he couldn't help but chuckle at her subtle comment, her cool demeanor helping to ebb the fire raging in him "Oh nothin. Got a call asking for me to come see you, and I find you lookin like you got on the wrong side of a Hellcat. Makes a guy wonder?" He watched as the last of the claw marks stitched themselves shut "But then again I know mage magic when I see it. Who pissed you off? Cause I really don't want to have to question The Wolf about his people" Almost as if summoned, Jonas Carver[Aka The Druid: Wolfe: God to some] like the Cheshire Cat appeared sitting on the sink sipping a cup of tea. On his lap was a small duffle bag "Oh....pardon me, bad time. I'll come back....well...." He wrote something on a note card, and stuffed it into the bag, before tossing the bag out into the other room, with a thud Wolfe was gone again. Steel seemed to not notice his presence or words at all.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 2:45 am

"Leave it to King finger waggler..."

Her eyes did briefly drift towards the bag though there was no actual malice to the words. Just a hint of what might be dry amusement. Rolling her eyes back over and up to you,

"More like I pissed someone off. Still didn't get what I was aiming for though. There's always three nights from now. I'll get it one way or another though. My mind is set on that. Don't worry about talking to him though. Something tells me he already knows. That and it didn't happen in Chicago."

Pushing slowly to her feet, she stretched slowly, clearly working out the kinks as she did. Wincing slightly as the sound of something popping into place could be heard, she did for the most part seem to shrug it off. Stepping closer, she did lean in and up to lightly rub her cheek over yours.

"Thank you for patching me up. Would you care to have a bite ?"
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 2:53 am

His rage all but subsided as she nuzzled into him and asked if he was hungry, and he eagerly responded "Definitely!" He let her slide past him before remembering the items laying at his feet. He swooped down to grab them and paused briefly to steal a glance of her gorgeous form walking away from him, and he had to stifle the growl that wanted to burst from him. He righted himself and followed her to the kitchen, and gently placed the Gauntlets on the table, and grabbed a mug for some coffee, and while pouring himself a cup he watched her, sly smile on his face. He was hoping she would like them, once she put them on.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 3:04 am

It was likely that he would miss the slight pout that crossed her features before she slipped passed him. Maybe subtle was bad ? Oh well. Though feeling that gaze on her form, she did add just the tiniest bit of extra sway to her walk.

"I was thinking maybe order in ? I haven't exactly done much shopping recently. Unless you consider half a can of reddi whip, a dozen cherries, and some... Oh that's so not good anymore."

Taking an open can over to the trash, she dropped it in before brushing off her hands. Her gaze did dart to the table, curiosity grabbing her as she moved closer to examine them. After several moments of intense scrutiny, it was a throaty, rolling growl of pleasure.

"They're beyond beautiful. Whoever they're for is beyond lucky."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 4:16 am

He giggled as he watched he look over them, their metal glistening in the sunlight coming I'm thru the windows, although the gapes in the metal seemed to shy away from the light, almost growing darker "You would be that lucky recipient, and it would seem just in time. What with your new found extra curriculars." He chuckled again "They're made with Moon Steel, the ingots had to be treated for 48 straight hours before I could manipulate it. It's been a long time since I've had inspiration like this..." He trailed off for a second as he gazed at her "But not often something inspirational enters your life" the smile on his face was of the shit eating variety, pure innocence and joy. ,"And the first time working with a spirit like that. I expected more resistance, but he seemed to want to go."
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 4:30 am

You could tell that even with her intense study of the gauntlets, your words held her equally enraptured. Each syllable falling on attentive ears, she had went completely still by the time you finished. Turning her gaze to stare out the window,

"I don't deserve these, Steele. If I was deserving of anything, she would have stayed. Now Ligh... Father's a mess and I don't know how to fix that. Kai's gone too. She promised she... It doesn't matter."

Her hand tightened around the table, the cracking sound slightly yet clearly audible. While her angle prevented you from seeing her features, the internal struggle was all too clear. Her last words were uttered so quietly that even you'd struggle to hear them.

"I couldn't even bring your gift home."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 4:42 am

"Even if I wanted to argue for you in that debate I couldn't. You are more deserving of them than anyone I know." He perked up a little more "My gift? You got me a gift? Is that why you ended up pissing someone off?" He sat down at the table curious concern on his face.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 4:53 am

"I tried. And failed."

Her shoulders dropped, eyes closing in frustration.

"There's a... A fighting ring I've been going to. Outside the city at first it was just for the money. Then it was to try to blow off steam. But something was put up as a prize for the higher echelon of contenders. I thought I had it in the basket. I didnt."

Her fingers moved to subconsciously brush over where the marks were that you'd healed on her ribs.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 5:14 am

The chuckle came from the corner as Wolfe stepped from the shadows. Steel inhaled sharply "I HATE IT WHEN YOU DO THAT!!" He seems visibly shook "I've told you to please announce yourself" Wolfe chuckled and sat down at the table holding his hand out. Steel looked confused at him but jumped again as the bag came floating past him "By Gaias CUNT HAIRS!!" Wolfe tilted his head smiling "Such a mouth on you. And I didn't think I was here for you. Little Wyhnter, you rushed out so suddenly. You forgot your prize"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 5:52 am

It was a quiet sigh, a soft sigh of exasperation.

"Welcome again to my humble abode, oh King of the finger wagglers. Also, he does very much have an... Expressive mouth on him."

That last part was said with a more clear level of amusement, though her brow did quirk at the mention of a prize.

"The fight was called to a draw... There was no winner for that fight tonight. How could I have forgotten anything ?"

Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 am

"Noooo" the word was drawn out as he leaned forward onto his elbows on the table "The fight was in debate because some questionable antics were brought up on further review. You were almost cheated. We have reason to believe that your opponent had meant to kill you, but was almost ended himself. So in lieu of a winner by knockout or submission we have a winner by judge score. You beat him by 6 points." He pushed the bag forward towards her "Whether you believe it or not, you won. And no, I didn't have a hand in it. I just may have placed a bet..." He smirked and looked at Steel "On her! Couldn't let those odds go! She was 120 to 1 his way. That's a hell of a pay out!" Steel grumbled something along the lines of fucking mages.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 6:18 am

The comment about intentions to kill her merely earned a Gaelic shrug.

"One tends to make enemies with the tactics I use, Captain Sparkles. It's not like they actually know who I am. And if they do ?"

Stepping back closer to the table and planting her palms flat, her eyes locking on his,

"And if they do ? They can bring it. Only 120 to 1 though ? That's almost disappointing. I suppose I'll have to make things more interesting next time."

Turning her sole focus towards the bag now, it was a nervous gnawing of her lower lip as she carefully almost reverently unzipped it. Both hands delved in to carefully withdraw her 'prize'. Turning to you with it in hand, you would see before you what was unquestionably a hammer.

Strangely delicate in it's construction, it seemed to be undecided whether it was made of glass, or ice, or crystal. But within its depths was what was clearly fire, though it was a cold burning, arctic blue. Stepping forward, she went to a knee to extend it to you.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:59 pm

Wolfe nodded out of existence with a "Also your half is in there".
Steel glared at where Wolfe had been briefly before turning back to Whynter that was being kind of dramatic "That's a Fae Smithing hammer." His eyes adored it for a moment before his hand reached out and delicately wrapped his fingers around the haft. It was as light as he expected it to be, and as cold. He had heard of this hammer. "Winters Temperance. This belonged to a Fae Smith of the Winter Courts. It's said that the Smith was able to craft without the use of a Forge or furnace. All he needed was an anvil and his hammer." He inspected it closer while smiling "Of course you would get the shit kicked out of you for something like this" he looked at her "Thank you. Now please, just do me a favor and try them on? I want to make sure I got the measurements right" he set the hammer in his lap and pleaded with her. He even did a pouty face, lip and all.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 1:14 am

She didn't bother to designate a response about her portion of the winnings, nor a fare thee well. With somebody like the King of Finger Wagglers ? She was fairly certain she'd see him again soon enough. Instead she chose to focus on the man standing over her.

Nodding in confirmation at the majority of his words, she cast her gaze back over at the gauntlets.

"I'll take them, wear them. Make them mine. IF you put them on me that is. You do so well at stripping me out of things, I'd like to see how you do putting them on me. If you think you're up to the challenge that is. Either that or I climb you like a tree and see if you'll let me show you just how much I appreciate them, a proper thank you if you will."

Tossing her gaze back over at you, her dead pan words seemed not quite so serious when paired with her tongue being stuck out at you.

"Also, it didn't belong to just any Smith of the Winter Court, but the Queen's personal Smith. I wasn't certain exactly what it did, but I saw it and thought of you. I'm glad you knew that much."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 2:08 am

He smirked and quirked a brow. Setting the hammer on the table and leaned down and guided her into his lap. Settling her so she didn't have to worry about getting poked to much. Grabbing the Gauntlets off of the table he gently grasps her left hand and slides the sleeve of metal down over her skin, the inside lined with some sort of soft leather. Her fingers would find the ports for the fingers rather easily and her hand would settle snuggly into the metalwork. Like it had been crafted specifically for her hand. The right gauntlet followed suit, to the same result. The was the brush mentally of a beast. Not one she knew, nor did it come from within her mind. A contented accepting brush. She would feel the connection with them the instant before they melded down into her skin, leaving naught but ink in the form of Nordic rune knots from elbow to finger tip.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 2:21 am

A cat that ate the canary grin rolled across her lips as you settled her on your lap. Letting her face slip into a more serious cast then, she watched intensely as you placed them upon her. Lifting her arms to get a better view of them covering her flesh, it was a slow blink when she felt the presence of another beast. She'd barely had the time to acknowledge it before they had shrunk down to exquisite inkwork. Laughing softly at the realization, eyes now dancing with mirth,

"I had wanted to get some ink done, I'd just been thinking on my back was all. But now I have a two for one special. They're perfect. Kind of like you. I've got to ask, when did you suddenly become a mind reader ? Also, if you are, don't delve too deep. It's a mighty dirty place up there if you go too far."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 5:17 am

He couldn't contain himself any longer, and lifted her face to his and planted his lips firmly against hers. "Next time I wanna go to. Why do you get to be the only one?" He giggled and bit his lower lip, clearly fighting an urge of some sort. After some thought tho he smiled big and lifted her completely, to deposit her onto the table, his head already disappearing between her thighs "About that bite you offered" were his last words to her as his tongue found her button and began its dance. His hands clamped down to her hips right at her thighs, to keep her planted on his face, and he watched her the whole time, savoring the pleasure she was feeling.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 7:43 am

That brief meshing of mouths did let you taste the hint of blood that still lingered. It also gave her opportunity to utter up a tiny, hungry growl. To taste the warmth of you on her lips. It did seem to surprise her that you'd want to go with, though in no way could it be considered a bad sort of surprise. When your teeth sank into your lower lip like that though, you would hear the way her breath caught. The way her pulse suddenly sped up. That was not to mention the way a spike of her arousal touched the air.

All of that was before you ever even lifted her to the table. When it became all too clear your intention, it was her turn to pout, though not for long. One hand would press palm flat to the table behind her, the other sank carefully, though firmly into your hair to hold you to her core, not that such guidance was I'm any way required.

Your name was a half growled utterance, maybe a curse maybe a plea, and it was all too easy to taste just how eager her body was for you. Much like with the prevelance of her juices eager to reward your tongue, her gaze was heated, holding yours, seeming to challenge you silently to take more.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 9:21 am

He growled low as his tongue penetrated her, reaching in to tease. His hands slide around her thighs and pressed down, thumbs pulling her lips open more, and that when he really dug in, one hand shifting to press two fingers in and up, stroking her spot while his tongue ravaged her clit. His free hand slide up onto her lower belly, and he pressed, gently, but firmly. He could feel the fluids starting to flow. He knew. He be showered shortly, and it made his gaze darker. Hungrier.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 10:27 am

The hand in your hair tightened almost instantly at the devilish penetrations of your tongue. When your fingers joined the act, her grip tightened enough to almost be painful. You knew how quickly you had pushed her near to the edge before, though this occasion was seeming for some reason quicker than most. To the point in fact that her hand slid free from your hair. Settling at her side on the table, you'd hear the rending of it's surface as her own claws slid out to sink in. Sucking in a harsh breath,

"One of these days you're going to kill me doing this. Especially if you don't let me do something, anything for you."

The words were rough, little more than growled as she clearly was trying to focus on more than just drenching yourcmouth and fingers with her juices.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 10:49 am

He abruptly stops stroking, slowing his tongue and he chuckles. Leaning back away from her core smiling He stands up. "Why don't you help me out of these clothes then?" And He stepped backward into the livingroom area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To Steel Oneself Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Steel Oneself   To Steel Oneself Empty

Back to top Go down

To Steel Oneself
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: Chicago: A Dance with Death and all of His Friends :: The True Reward-
Jump to: