The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Shattered Web

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 12:38 am

The Shattered Web Swallo10

Brackinwall Castle
Better known to locals as Madman's Manor
Overlooking the North Sea

The castle that had been cared for by a paid service for the last four hundred years seemed to stand untouched by the ravages of time, or weather, or really anything else that the human mind cared to dredge up. Their orders had been specific, keep it clean, keep it true to the era when it had been built, aka no modern amenities were to be added as advancements. No one else was to be allowed inside unless they carried word from the owner who remained a mystery. The 'word' however was not and rather than a verbal thing, it was more a physical. A simple black card with a silver embossed shattered mirror.

However today was not one where cleaning was done, the staff the barest of skeleton crews. So when the sound of flute music was suddenly heard lilting it's way down the halls leaning towards the midnight hour, most of them crossed themselves. It was convenient, perhaps too much so that all of them were just finishing up with what minimal tasks they had for that day and were free to leave which they promptly did.

The moon was a sliver in the sky overhead, clouds obscuring a portion of even that. The sound of the waves crashing countless feet below at the base of the cliffs waged war with the music that seemed to follow them out. Were any of them to look back over their shoulder, they might have the chance to see the barest outline of a figure standing at the highest point of the castle, wild bone white hair flowing free on the breeze. A ghost. A wraith. Surely a specter rather than any mere mortal.

That however was not the source of the music. That was the barefoot girl, long tangled raven curls falling almost to her feet. Heavy lashes, a shade darker cast half shadows on artfully sculpted cheekbones. Wearing what could only be described as garb that one would find in an old fashioned psych ward, a very bedraggled sateen hare hung from her side. One eye missing. An ear that was not all entirely there. Patches of fur that were either singed or blood soaked. As was much of her, blood covered and smoke scented. Yet she seemed completely oblivious to it, Sapphire eyes seeming to see nothing as she danced her way through the darkened corridors.

Twenty Four hours Prior

Wherever it was that the Hatter and his entourage were calling home, or work or whatever hole in the wall they might be playing in a messenger would find them. A mere mundane human, a sealed envelope would be slid beneath their door. Were it to be opened, the card inside would simply read,

"You should look into this one. She'd blend well into your obnoxious little crew. Don't take my hatred for you out on her."

There was no signature, no salutations though while the handwriting was not one that would have been seen in quite sometime, it would still be quite clearly familiar. While the words were few, it did also contain an address and the following night's date, midnight to be specific.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 2:43 am

Hatter rolled up the driveway to the manse in his 6 wheeled Mercedes. At least it looked liked a Mercedes. Fire was behind the wheel, Ice in the passenger seat next to her. Hatter sat lounging in the back seat, reading over some paperwork. His attire of old held true, just with modern fashion. His over coat chocked full of pockets, seemingly full of something. His bowler hat having evolved as well. 400 plus year would do that to piece of clothing. His ever trusted Vorpal Blade(6 chambered pistol) straped now to His thigh instead of his hip, for a more tactical draw. His glasses however were the same, still masterfully covering his swirling eyes. He eyed the servants as they drove past before directing his gaze upward, looking for the music. They stopped in front of the castle and he hopped out calling to his girls "No, lassies. I'd prefer if you kept ya keisters parked right where they're at." He said nothing more, didn't even turn to comfort Ice who he knew was pouting. He strode to the front door and pushed it open enough for him to step in. He looked around briefly before heading up. It didn't take him long to find the tower, and Make his way up, to the hatch, which he found opened. She must really be waiting for him. He stepped up onto the precipice and looked around until his eyes landed on her, not taking anything else in. She was the one that turned on him after all. He would be justified. But she had asked for parlay. So she received it. "OY!"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 3:00 am

All poreclain pale, her back was to you when you exited the hatch. That long wraith white hair her cape, the rest of her was dressed in leathers not only designed for maneuverability, but also to enhance the lithe feminine aspects to her form.

"I'm not what the letter was about, Hatter. What's down below is. I'm not in one place long enough to be a good fit for her. Listen to her play, and look into her eyes."

Clucking her tongue softly, you would see a violin bow swinging idly between two fingers. Tilting her head to listen to the faintest strains that carried up from the windows quite so far below,

"You're not a heartless bastard to everyone and I think she'll fit well into your Cadre. Just don't try taking the Hare from her. She gets... Angry."

She didn't sound scared whatsoever, just distantly intrigued.

"If you won't take her with you, I'll know. I won't leave till I know she's gone as well. I'd offer to pay you for it, but something tells me you'd be offended. I also don't think you're in the market for a castle."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 4:38 am

"Whats it been. Free, four 'undred years? And in all that time I haven't heard a whisper of a fart, let alone seent a glimpse of your pale arse. And now you have the audacity to sneak me a let'er like the olden days, asking me to come 'ere and wha'? Take a vabe of yer 'ands? Whered ya get her? Whered she come from? How many homicidal maniacs are chasing 'er down? Why have you chosen to avoid me for almost half a bloody century? There are questions that need answers before I agree to a bloody thing." He pulled his phone out and messages Ice 'Theres a babe. Young. Second floor, playing the flute, you and Fuego go keep her company.' He stepped over to the edge to look at the front, where Fire and Oce were both climbing out of the truck to head inside. "This isn't like the old times Eli. But even then you knew better than to try and give me anything with no details. You don't jump down the bloody rabbit hole without knowing where the white rabbit is." He pulled out a cigarette and stuck it between his teeth and flipped a zippo out in one fluid motion to open and light it. With another flip his cigarette was lit and light safely tucked away "So Rabbit. Why not tell me why your late" he smiled as he looked at her, pulling his glasses off of his face.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 8:39 am

"You killed Flynn. Bullet to the head. In front of me. He wasn't a threat to you or to your precious gir... So yes Hatter, I do have the audacity. I could have done something, could have saved him. You took him, took that chance from me. You should be happy I left and didn't take something from you in return. Besides, it's not like you ever saw my 'pale arse' anyways. I was apparently never deemed worthy of The Hatter and his 'affections' even before Flynn."

For a woman who had never been one to offer many words, she was a veritable feast for the ears tonight. The usual emotion that would touch her voice though, the spark was clearly lacking. It was in fact like reading a very dull albeit informative Sunday paper.

Finally turning to actually face you, she extended what looked to be a file folder out of thin air.

"I remember the rules. I wasn't going to send it in the card though. Too easily intercepted.

She's just over a hundred years old, one twenty eight to be exact if her file is to be believed. She doesn't look a day over twenty three, IF that. She's been there since she was five, put straight in by Mummy and Daddy Dearest. For her well being they would have you believe. With the money that was dumped into Belle Raven for her 'care' ? They just wanted her gone because she's an odd Duck. The place mysteriously had a fire though, old wiring. Rats in the insulation. Interested enough that you want to give the file a perusal ? Or am I wasting both of our time ?"
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 9:05 am

He scoffed "He was to far gone. There was no coming back for that. I did him a favor, and you know it. And instead of dealin wif the issue ya buried it in the dust and forgot about me. Maybe it's what ya needed to do, but I hope you've come to terms with the fact that I do not regret what has been done. I'll be your villain, cause it's better than it 'aving been 'im." It wasn't until he glimpsed the name on the file 'Alyce R.O. Benton' that he finally was hooked. And plucked the file from her hand and flipped it open, as his phone dinged, most likely Fire messaging him letting him know they located the girl, but were giving her space for now. "How delightfully curious. It would seem you have almost meticulously searched for and discovered the perfect candidate for a recent opening in Hatter Industries administration team. And how, pray tell ducky, did you happen across such a find?" He looked over at her, tipping the hat upwards on his brow.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 10:11 am

The violin bow that had been dangling so randomly from her fingertips suddenly struck out to press with decided firmness to your. chest. Nowhere near enough for actual damage but assuredly enough to capture your attention.

"You took away my choice. MY right. It was my fault he was ever there, I should have been the one to end him if anyone did. I always was piss poor at protecting people. First Gabriel then Flynn. I suppose it's my track record of a sorts. You think I forget you. Hah."

Spinning back away from you, the bow dropping as quickly as it had come up, there was a new receptacle thrust at you along with Alyce's file. This one was older. Leather. Showing all sorts of signs of wear and tear. Were it to be opened you would see page after page of art. Many done in vivid, angry color, the most exquisite ones were the charcoal sketches. All of them held one strong similarity. YOU. While some of them had others from your cadre as well, not a single one of them didn't hold you. You would recognize each image from some point over the last few hundred years, so while you may have never seen her, she had seen you.

Walking along the edge of this precarious segment of roof, one misstep meaning something potentionally uncomfortable for even her, she gave a Gaelic shrug.

"They all blamed me. Hated me. I had nowhere to go. I may have went on a bender of sorts. Wracked up a lot of bodies, a lot of which probably didn't deserve it. Some hundred or fifty so years in, Caleb found me. Reminded me of some things. He got me cleaned up. We traveled for a few years and by the end I had a new purpouse. I couldn't save ALL of them. But I could save some. So I started hunting. Hitting places that I had reason to hate. Saving the ones that need saving. She's one of my most recent endeavors. Can say for a fact she wasn't found with you in mind. You came after."

So many of his points she'd given verbal answer to, shocker of shockers. The only one that she seemed for whatever reason to refuse to touch was the comment of him being willing to be the villain.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 11:01 am

He perused the manifold of art, taking in its elegant layouts and color schemes. His eyes almost coalesced the rainbow as he gazed. He gently shut it and held back out to her "Well of course. After reading the file you put together, I would say that I certainly came to mind. Those only one other person who would be sensible to keep an eye on the lass, and I doubt he's accepting applications. I may have one or two stipulations before I agree or disagree to this request. Number one. You brought her here, you may not think it, but she has a connection to you now. You're not gonna take that away from her until shes strong enough to not need it. Two. You assist with the maintenance that she's going to need. Ice is handy in situations like this, but Fyre isn't. She's a bit to hard on individuals, not great for delicate personalities." He pulled his hat back down and stubbed out the butt of his cigarette before flipping it over the side of the parapet. "And im also going to meet her before I say yes as well" as he turned on his heel and sliding his glasses back into place over his eyes "And would very much appreciate it of you would accompany me Madam" he didn't hold his arm out, and didn't actually wait for her before heading for the hatch and back down into the castle proper.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 11:33 am

Appearing to ignore the offered out manifold, she quickly enough corrected that possible misconception.

"Burn them. Keep them. Turn them into whirly gigs, really don't care. If you're talking about Julius ? I thought about it. I miss him. Him. I wonder where he is these days."

Tapping the bowstring to her lips, she pirouetted on that ledge until she faced you again.

"I'm not staying long. Not my style. Not anymore. She's less delicate then you'd expect, but more. She looks a fragile flower, but she's not. Just touched."

As you would head back down through the hatch, you would not hear the sound of her footsteps following you but rather of her laughter descending. In a way that only could happen if she had stepped off of the ledge. Or knowing her, flung herself off of it with some hare brained scheme in mind.

As you descended in search of your possible new acquisition, it was not a difficult one. You would hear the tale ends of a hauntingly beautiful but unmistakably sad piece. The music came no longer from the hallway but from a balcony, the wide double doors of which were not too far ahead.

Standing in the center of it, her back to you, she would slowly lower the flute to her side as you came up behind her.

"She's not so angry at you as she is herself. You can't truly blame someone else when you're too busy blaming yourself. Can you truly hate someone though when too much of you is consumed by something else ? You should really and truly tie her up if you want her to do anything though."

Falling silent, she seemed to hum to herself, an odd cadence that had her backing towards you. Turning just before she would bump into you,

"Manners, Alyce. BAD Alyce. Stop speaking the whispers."

The words were muttered before she gave a faint bow. You would see the fingers clutching the flute were warped. Signs of multiple, forced breaks that had never healed right left you to wonder how she even played the instrument, much less well.

"Alyce that's my name. You'd be Mr.Hatter. Your Ladies were quite the polite audience. They didn't throw anything nor interrupt. I know why you're here but I do understand if you will not take me because I'm defective."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 12:20 pm

"Oh Alyce. What has the Red Queen done to you" his voice was gentle, whispered, almost like he was talking to himself. "I never could understand the hatred for innocence." He looked up at Ice, who stared at the young girl with a yearning, and it was all he needed. He looked over at Fire who had also been staring at Ice, but saw him and met his gaze. She to had an urge, but the two were not the same. One wished to soothe and mend, and the other wished to maim and destroy. Neither shared a target either. They were indeed perfect for one another, as they were for him. "Sweetheart, you're not defective" he leaned down and lowered his glasses so she could see his eyes, his ever swirling, ever changing colors between red and green and blue, ever glowing eyes "Just a lil busted is all." He stood up again and looked at Fire once more "Luv?! Could you do me a proper favor? Go find some where to park the beasty" Then looked over at Ice "And Doll, why don't you take this lovely little lady and pick us out a room then? I've got a couple of calls to make, but our dear friend has emparted to us a grand gift. These walls." His smile grew to ear to ear "Hatter Industries has a Castle now!" His giggle was borderline maniacal, but in a giddy childish way. He spun on his heel sweeping his hat from his head gracefully has he fell into a deep elegant bow before her "Milady allow me to properly introduce meself." Hat at his heart he stood up right a sheepish smile on his face "I am indeed the one the call the Hatter. Joseph Carter is my name, but only those who dislike me and wish to scold me call me that. I very much prefer to be called by my true name as you have come to know it." He settled his hat back upon his head with a swivel of his wrist, leaving cocked to the left. He nodded his head and spun for the door while fishing his phone from his pocket. As he put the phone to his ear and began to talk Ice stepped forward to Alyce and smiled gently "Hi. I'm Ice. Its nice to meet you." Ice was perceptive noticing the fact that alyce didn't respond physically, by looking at her. Instead she saw her turn her head so she could hear her better. Anybody else wouldn't have noticed the small split second reaction, but there were reasons Hatter kept Ice around. "Forgive me, I did not notice that you don't have your sight. I am here. And I'm holding my hand out to you. I would very much like to help you get settled, if you'll let me" her voice was gentle, and soothing. She feared not the implications of malice to her tone. She was not feared. She was the ghost Hatter needed her to be, no one knew of how deadly she could be, but only when he requested it of her. She preferred to nurture and protect, as opposed to stony and violence. And she waited, hand held out to the small blind girl.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 1:34 pm

"It was the man there. The men. They had no Queens. Ms. Eli says I'm not defective either, that I'm a survivor. And gifted. I told her you'd like the Castle. It's special to her, even if I'm not sure why."

It was once he had started his phone calls that she quietly murmured, Ice likely the only one to hear,

"She calls you that too when the nights are darkest and she believes no one else is there to hear."

She shook her head, maybe trying to clear it of wherever that latest tidbit had come from. Finally turning in fact towards the sound of Ice's voice, she dipped into an actual curtsy this time rather than the bow. Shaking her head, just a tad short of violently at the offered hand, she if anything clutched the flute tighter. Her free hand inched towards the sateen hare at her hip, fingers rubbing over its very damaged ear.

"It's kind of you, muchly so to offer the hand. I really can't touch anyone. It makes the waves stronger. I don't even like risking it through clothing overmuch. It's only safe if I'm asleep. You needn't apologize for not noticing. Most don't I guess. I'm kind of sad because I had wanted to see Mr.Hatter's own peepers. She talks about them a lot. His eyes. How she's frustrated that she can't do them justice in the art she's made of him. They really must be something, those peepers of his."

Finally pausing to draw a breath, she sighed.

"I'm sorry I'm talking so much. Ms.Eli says I won't be punished for it anymore. That I can talk all I want as long as it's not when she's doing her art. Or when she's catting. Both are for very different reasons though. She also says that Mr. Hatter is the best she knows at protecting what he considers his. Is that true ?"

Rocking from one foot to the other, she sucked at her lower lip thoughtfully before taking off again.

"It would be my pleasure to have your help. Will I have a cage here to sleep in too ?"

Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 11:34 pm

Ices heart hurt as she said that last and she watched Fire pause and look over her shoulder at Ice with a painfully violent look in her eyes. Ice gently smiled at her and winked. Fire smiled and nodded and continued with what she was tasked. Ice walked with Alyce out the door hands clasped behind her walking on her tip toes "They are quite captivating. His eyes. I do enjoy the moments he let's me just lay on his chest and stare at them." She giggled thinking about it "Hypnotizing really." She waited until they were further away before saying anything further, she already feared Hatter had been listening and heard. "Alyce, im not sure where you were before, but here, with us, with Hatter, you will be treated differently. You are not broken, or defective. And you are among good company. Ones who will care for you." She stopped as they passed a sitting room and she tapped twice on the sitting room door loudly but attempting to not be rude "Over here darling one. Come sit with me a moment" assuming Alyce would follow she would lead her in and choose two seats facing one another. She would assist as best she could without touching her and then sigh awkwardly "If it is true that it's only safe for you to be touched while asleep then you will have to sleep for a short while, ok? I wish to give you a gift. To mark our meeting. But I cant tell you what jt is. You have to wait." The innocence of her smile could be heard in her voice. She was almost excited for what she was about to do "And don't worry, I have no thoughts of violating you or harming you" As she spoke she filled her words with the powers of her Dementation, allowing the feeling of fatigue and tiredness to wash over Alyce with every syllable "I will still be here when you wake. And your world will be better" those last words were filled with assurance. Ice did not know fear. It was once the small female slumped, almost falling forward buy Ice gently took her shoulder and with her vampirism strength easily lifted the girl and place her on the table next to them. It didn't take her long. With the powers the Tzimisce emparted to her, she investigated the eyeballs and discovered the nerve damage and severance to the optical connectors. Simple fix. She would probably have a headache when she woke, but it would pass. She moved on to the hand, and its savagery. The eyes at least had been done mercifully. The hand was pure sadistic unadulterated torture. The angry yet sad scream echoed through out the Network, those close pausing listening to the anguished bellow mentally before continuing what they were doing. She was gentle with the bones as she reset them, coaxing the flesh back into position, making sure it was all set properly. She leaned down and kissed the young girls forehead and lifted her once more, setting her back into her chair, comfortably. She sat down once more and reached out to give her knee a small shake and released her before calling out, her Passions going the other direction now "Come now love. Time for Tea" the goading to open one's eyes and accept the day glided along Alyces skin coaxing her back to wakefulness. Ice couldn't help but smile as Alyce opened her eyes, as they froze taking in the sight, then snapped over to Ice "Hi"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 10:15 am

"I'm not completely useless. Or unable to care for myself. I'm just not certain that any of my skills are ones that people like you would even need. I remember things really well. Lots of things actually. I can tell you if someone's lying. I also hear secrets."

Her thoughts seemed to drift off before she followed you into the sitting room. Perching on the edge of the seat across from you, her hands folded on her lap atop her stuffie.

"She says that too about his eyes, but she'll never tell him. She says his eyes are like Mr.Julius's personality. I think maybe I'd like to meet him some day too. There's kind of a lot of people I want to meet, including her Merry Men."

It was a tiny, mewled yawn that came on the tale end of those words. Rubbing gently at her face, she curled up into a small ball in the chair. Not fetal position as if she were scared, more like she was used to having to be that way to be able to sleep. Perhaps it made more sense when one thought about her question of the cage. Something about your mention of a gift to mark your meeting did cause an unpleasant shudder to run through her, but she merely curled up a bit tighter.

She didn't say anything else after that, but you would get the impression that she'd at least registered your words. When she slept though, it was like the dead. She was malleable to your work, no odd, or unexpected interruptions. Even putting her back into the chair was simple enough. It was the waking itself that seemed to take a bit longer than you would have expected. It was not an obscenely long amount of time by any means, just longer.

When she did start to rouse it started with a nose crinkle. Scrubbing a hand across her dirty face, she worked on pushing the mass of tangled curls aside as well. Sitting up so that her back was perfectly straight, prim and properly so, you would realize she hadn't opened her eyes yet. Her nose was twitching ever so slightly though, as if she was trying to smell something on the air. Finally seeming not to find it, she canted her head back in the direction that your voice had originated from. Seeming slightly confused,

"What's tea and why is it time for it ?"
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 10:26 am

Ice actually giggled her smile wide "Why we are in England of course. It's always time for tea. And tis a wonderous absolutely delicious creation!" She swooped and planted a hand on her own knees to drop to Alyces level "And I'd understand if you didn't want to. Just meeting me and all. But if I am to leave you be, could you at least empart to me a favor?" Her tone was light "Could you open your eyes please?"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 12:30 pm

"I was fairly certain that we were in England still. I'm not certain what that has to do with times for things, but I am curious to try it. You seem nicer than most of those I've met so if it's something that makes you happy, I see no problem with it. It doesn't sound like something that should cause harm to anyone else, so yes, I shall join you in this doing of the Tea."

A tinge of awkwardness colored her features at the latter most of your requests. Her fingers vaguely fidgety between the Hare and the Flute,

"You said you had a gift. I didn't want to ruin the surprise. Bad girls get punished when they ruin surprises. They send bad girls to the Garden. So even if I can't see, I still don't look."

But since you seemed to want her to, open her eyes she did.it was like looking at a kalidescope of blue. As if someone had taken countless shades of the color and thrown them into a whirly gig to call her eyes. Her first response after studying you quite intently was to nod satisfactorily.

"You're quite pretty. You look exactly how I thought you would."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 12:44 am

Ice smiled big, so much she had to shut her eyes. He was so happy. She had been worried Alyce would freak out. Or lose her mind "Yes. I also thought you may wish to have full use of your hand back." She stood up straight again and went to hold her hand out, but stopped herself while awkwardly giggling "I don't think I'll get used to that" She looked at her own hand and seemed to get sad for a moment before smiling again "This way!" Assuming Alyce would follow Ice heads out of the room and down the hall in search of the kitchen area all the while rambling about the plus sides of Tea and all its amazing flavors.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 7:43 am

She did seem quite pleased about her hand, albeit a bit awkward herself in how she was twisting it and manipulating it to test it's renewed range of motion. She did quickly enough follow you from the room, though she was distinctly quiet, eyes simply trying to absorb everything the two of you passed.

The castle was large enough to host three separate kitchens, though the closest was not too far of a walk. Most of what you would pass was covered by protective layering, the lighting kept dim as the castle hadn't been properly used in sometime. That was not to say it was dirty though as that was far from the case.

Upon reaching said kitchen, it would not be too difficult to put water to boil as there was still a fire going. Finding the kettle was simple enough, but now your new friend was thoroughly engaged watching the flames.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 12:04 am

Ice hummed and bounced as she prepared the kettle and seemed to lightly dance, perhaps to some unheard song. Once the kettle was on she floated to the fridge and opened it up. Even tho the castle had been abandoned it still had a staff. Who were human. And needed to eat. And what would you know. The fridge wasn't fully stocked, but had the makings for sandwiches and a cake. Before she could move Fires voice teased at her from the doorway "Your sweet enough is it is ducky. No cake for you" he voice a seductive serpent gliding through the air. Ice rolled her head over her shoulder with a pout "But it looks so gooooood!" She righted herself and grabbed the deli meat and cheese, and other ingredients. She brought them to the counter as Fire walked over to the island and pulled a stool out, all the while watching Alyce. She leaned her hammer against the counter behind her, and half used it as a rest "Oy, luv be careful. You don't want to burn yourself" the threat of violence that was usually there was replaced with genuine concern. Her scarlet red hair was bound up in a tight but messy ponytail, even tho her hair still stretched to her ass. Her clothes seem to have switched to more comfort as opposed to fashion or utility, black sweatpants that looks about 3 sizes to big, and a crop top hoodie, black as well, over a orange sports bra. Bellybutton was shielded by a upside down smiley face. The right side held some sort of tattooing, but beyond the reds, yellows, and oranges, the details were undiscernable. Her eyes however are what called attention. Like Hatters they weren't natural Glowing, Fire Red. And they not just glowed, but Pulsed. Almost as if set aflame. And the emotion behind them was one of conflicting. Ice looked over at her sissy and contemplated what she saw there. She to was conflicted, but she knew they wouldn't agree. She also knew they would speak later. Fire had never learned how to use Telepathy. It wasn't of interest to her. So she always had to wait for someone to reach out to her, or to get Ice alone before she could speak. Especially about matters of the heart.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 12:37 am

Abandoned would be a strong term, perhaps closer to far from regularly used. Though a staff it in fact did have. As Ice bustled about the Kitchen, she would even come across what looked to be a menu for the following night. A menu that would be worthy of a Belle and her Beast, though sadly the castle was lacking one half of that. It's 'Belle' was somewhere mucking about, perhaps bemoaning things, perhaps adding further credence to the rumors of the castle being actively haunted.

The girl of the hour however did seem entranced by the fire over which the tea water was heating. Humming softly to herself, strains of the same lilting song she'd been playing on the flute, she reached into the fire with gentle hands. Almost as if she were singing to it, she scooped out a palmful of the flames. Continuing the quiet humming, the world around her seemingly forgotten, the other two would get to watch as she seemed to mold the fire. Sculpt it into a small image. After many long moments she lifted it to her lips, murmuring softly to it.

Finally turning to where the more volatile of her two escorts sat, she extended her palm so that her creation could be seen. It was in fact a fairly spot on representation of Fire herself. Putting it down on the counter beside her, she stepped back and away again. Brushing her palms off against her dirty clothes, her gaze still seemed quite distracted, though her words not so much.

"You don't like me. Or Ms. Eli. I didnt ask to make your life more difficult or different. I don't know why she asked your Hatter to look after me, but she did. She has no designs on him, nor do I. I'm also not going to hurt your Sister or steal her attention away from you."

There was no malice to her quiet words, just soft, simple fact. Carefully removing the stuffed Hare from her side,

"I'm going to go wander. You stay with Ms. Ice and keep her safe like you did for me. I'll find you again, or you'll find me. Always will."

Kissing the stuffed Hare's nose, she sat him on the counter beside Ice. Looking up quietly,

"I'll be back. But there are things to see. Songs to play. Words to be shared and secrets not to be heard. I'll eat when I come back. Promise."

And just like that, she skipped through the door and outvof sight.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyWed Dec 08, 2021 9:28 pm

Fire waited for the younger female to skip out of the kitchen, and then a moment longer before speaking. The words anyone else would hear "Are you almost done I'm starving!" But the words that Ice would register, underneath "Does he have any information?" Ice was almost finished with the sandwiches and looked up into the crimson eyes of her sissy and shook her head "None that we will have access to. Your gonna have to ask him yourself" her response was covered by a "Calm Down! Almost. You need to learn how to be patient" only one who had taken the time to learn the two of them could see their dance for what it was. They had always been secretive with one another. A special bond between them. An unbreakable one. Hatter watched them from the doorway under obfuscate, his mind uneasy. Which was more frequent these days. He often found himself simply observing his girls to quiet his mind, and it always helped. This time was no different. The equations, and scenarios racing around his head seemed to lose gas and slow down, until he found his mind only filled with them. He contemplated continuing to lie to them, but that wasn't right. He never told them no, and he knew Fire would pester him until he gave in, no matter his opinion. Mayhaps he'd try something new this time. He dropped his Cloak and stepped into the kitchen, and didn't stop until he was at the counter next to Fire. The two of them didn't notice him until he was almost there, and both jumped a bit when they saw him, and ultimately smiled. He gently placed Alyces file on the counter top and glanced at Fire from the corner of his eye, smiled, then looked over at Ice seeming to completely forget about the file altogether. "Where has Ms. Alyce run off to? I'd have thought she'd be glued to ya hip!/,If your both going to go I would like to know before hand, so I may prepare for the time alone. You know I hate it so" his smile was rarely warm and comforting, this instance being one of those moments. He watched them both look at each other, Ice up at Fire, She over the top of the file she had just quietly snatched off of the counter "I think she said something about wandering. However she left her bunny to guard Nilly./Don't worry Lover, this will be a quick one woman adventure. Nilly doesn't need to go with me. I can handle this" Ice squinted at Fire. Both for the use that nickname, as well as the words hidden. She hated it when the three of them separated, but more so when it was Fire alone. Hatter turned to look at Fire "Ahh! Indeed, tis a fairly sizeable castle, lots to see, much to be curious over./ Different rules this time. No death. Maiming, crippling, torturing, acceptable. You will not take another's revenge for them." Fire let the file sink out of her field as he spoke before nodding happily "Yessir!" It was said nonchalantly before she hopped up and kissed her sweetly on the cheek "And if I return in any other state other than the one I leave in?" Her teasing tone had him smiling ear to ear at her. Any of person and that smile might insight a dark madness. Fires eyes lit up as she saw it "I'll have Ice tend to you as I attempt to cause more damage" Those words had Fire biting her bottom lip and crossing her legs like she was doing the potty dance "Aye Sir. Very good. I shall see you in 2 days." She half waddled out of the kitchen before taking off down the hall at a full Fleeted Sprint. Hatter looked to Ice who was shaking her head "And you'll tend to the young Alyce for me, yeah?" He stepped closer to her "I'd see to her meself but I have some things I have to tend to, to make our transition here smoother." Ice nodded to him and plated the sandwiches before grabbing a triangle for herself "Indeed sir. She is a very charming young lady. It's unfortunate what's happened to her, but I'll help her feel right at home with us!" She seemed very eager. Hatter stopped just before pressing their bodies together and lifted his hand to her chin to lift her gaze to meet his "That's a good girl." He leaned in and pressed his lips to hers, which pouted for the attention, and more once the connection was broken, and he was turning to disappear out the door once more.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyThu Dec 09, 2021 12:50 am

~London Airport~

The private jet sat lifeless as Phury stepped off of the steps his only bag slung over his shoulder, hood up, walking towards the unmarked sedan that sat waiting for him and Rhage. Before he got halfway a hand grabbed his shoulder, and pulled him to a stop. Before he could turn Rhages voice growled from behind him "Look. I'm not here to step on your dick. But I am here to help. So that's what I'm going to do. I'll meet you where we are headed later on. Got a few hours left before daylight so I'm going to get a lay of the land." He didn't wait for the young Knight to acknowledge him as he headed to the back of the hangar. Phury didn't watch him shift to his feathered form, but heard his wings, and the screech. He resumed his venture to the sedan, and climbed into the back. The hooded figure behind the wheel didn't speak, which was fine with Phury. He pulled out a hard pack and pulled a hand rolled from it and held it up. The hood came down for both of them at the same time and the female driver turned her head "I knew you were a Knight, but not a cool one" She plucked the hand rolled from Phurys hand, who ghosted from the back seat into the front using the secret Rhev had taught him. He smiled at her "Phury" "Xandra." Was the response he got after she lit the rollie and handed it back to him "Catiff of Chicago" he nodded "Respect. I had heard that there was a number of you in Chicago. What do you call yourselves?" "Chicagonites. I didn't come up with it" She laughed outwardly as she threw the car into gear. He chuckled to Before asking "You have any information about why I'm here?" She nodded "Yeah I was to brief you with my findings and hand the investigation over to you. Your gonna hate it" he quirked a brow but before he could ask she pulled a file out from underneath the seat and handed it to him. Opening it he saw photos. Of a pale man, with a sinister smile, and a bowler hat. The two females with him looked as deadly as he did insane. The second photo was dark, almost black. But there was someone there "The only thing we've gotten on that one is a name. Eli. Nothing further." He shook his head and looked at the last photo. A young girl. Maybe 23 or 24 by his guess. Looked recent to, within the last few days. With a cloaked figure. Using his heightened senses he compared the second and last photos before stating "And this Eli is believed to apprehended our target? And who are these three? Are they working for this Eli?" The caused Xandra laugh hysterically "No. He does not work for anyone but himself. That, is Jaccob Haterton. Aka The Mad Hatter. Aka The Engineer. Aka The Founder and CEO of Hatter Industries, the world's leader in hardware. You want tools of war, you go to them. Tools for construction, Them. Tools in general, them. The two with him are his progeny and right and left hand, Fire and Ice. Lethal deadly little flowers they are. All Malkavian. All loyal to both London, and Venice. They are not to be triffled with" he let the file drop in his lap as he closed his eyes "And yet your about to tell me I have to trifle with them" She merely nodded and took the rollie from him "Indeed. You'll be fine" she smiled at him "Just gotta stay focused"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 9:31 pm

"Door one, Door two
Door red, blue,
Mistress Marion, where are you ?"

Long of hair and fine of form the newest figure to the Hatter's recently acquired castle sauntered as if she was the owner of the place herself. The way she graced the halls was art in and of itself, her body moving in ways that should be humanly impossible. Limbs that were things gazelles would be jealous of, her hair swung with a life of it's own, seeming to be constantly altering color as the dim candle light hit it when she passed. Simple round reflective lenses covered her eyes, concealing both their color and emotion... Or lack thereof. Nails were long, dangerously so and tap tapped their way almost spider like along the wall, door to door.

"You know I hate hide and go seek
Though listen to these walls
Oh how they speak speak SHRIEK !"

Coming to a sudden stop, her palm would slam against a door that hadn't been there seconds before and magic would lash out. Challenge. Countered. Challenge. Countered. Suddenly there was the sound of locks, locks of the old-fashioned sort clicking free from their hold. The door would finally scrape open a mere sliver and like a wraith, she would shiver her way through. For the barest of moments violin music could be heard. Smokey. Illusive. Mysterious. Seductive. The sounds would wrap around the listener's ears and inspire dark things. Forbidden things. The most taboo of the taboo.

"Naughty Naughty Mistress Marion
Wreaking more chaos than the Lordling Clarion
Leading the unwary to the..."

Her head canted, knee high booted foot stomping as she seemed stumped by the end of her own rhyme. Sighing as if her world was ending, she left the door open that sliver, the music coiling and roiling it's way out to whomever would hear it. Descending downwards into the unlit darkness, the music grew and grew, both in volume and intensity.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 11:27 pm

Hatter stopped moving as the sound of the haunting stringed instrument cascaded through the air around him. He almost swayed to it, but something was bothering him about it. He was the violin player of their little group. I've played Cello. Fire the Bass. And from what he had seem Alyce played the flute. It wasn't uncommon for one to know multiple instruments, but everyone had a preferred. His feet carried him to the hidden door, and through it into the darkness, and the cacophony.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 11:53 pm

It was dark, Dear Hatter. Dark to even your supernaturaly enhanced sense of vision. Whether it was an effect of the music or something else entirely, even you would not be certain without further investigation. None the less, down and then further down you would find yourself spiraling. Almost as if the physical descent matched the mind of the musician.

When you finally came into light, it was candles. Set in dishes, set in sconces, set everywhere really. At the center of the subterranean room was a small pool that must lead to the larger body outside of these walls. Yet the walls were not damp as they should be. Instead they were bone dry. What might be more eye catching however was what was upon them. Paintings. Life sized images of you set into the stone. Images of you in your introspective moments. Images of you nude. A variation, an amalgamation of them really. So life-like that you found yourself nearly waiting for them to spring from the walls.

The music however came from Eli. Kneeling there in a gossamer white lingerie dress spun of what could only be spider silk, she was amidst blankets and furrs and pillows. Eyes closed, she was clearly lost to the piece she was playing. Whatever this place was, it was clearly not one you had ever been intended to see.

Yet between you and Eli was the backside, a nice one at that of a woman you did not recognize. Close enough you were to hear her quietly murmured words around the music. First the tired, almost sad sigh followed with,

"Poor Marion, you're slipping again. Whatever did you do to yourself ?"
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 12:52 am

Either she had taken his request earlier seriously, or he had asked for something that was already in place. He eyed the woman between the two of them scrutinizing her. A vampiric aura, but its core was Fae. The only form of fae that looks that elegant were the Sidhe, but court was undiscernable. Clearly his presence was still unknown, and he seized that chance to whisper back up the stairs with fleetness as he reached along that link between him and Ice. He arrived at the top of the stairs to find Ice waiting, holding a case open with his black, to black, violin and bow. They exchanged no words as he bolted back down the stair, but stopped half way down. It was as he listened to find his place in it that he noticed it. The Pull of it. Something in the music was more than melody. He shook his head to gather himself before tucking his instrument under his chin and lounging the bow across the strings, giving into the melody. He took his tone a step down, and harmonized almost instantly. He took his time walking down the steps. 400 years and he had forgotten his favorite dance partner. That was a lie. He hadn't forgotten. He'd simply put her away in his head, believing them to be nothing more than fond memories. He'd never thought there'd be a day where maybe they'd reconcile.~

Phury continued to look over the file as he and Xandra chatted idly about what it was like to be a Catiff opposed to a Knight. He was aware as they left the city proper and pulled through the gate to a small manor in a high end neighborhood. The car stopped in front of the door and she finished the rollie smiling "Well thanks for the pick me up. But now I have to get back to that jet. I'm headed home now that my relief is here" he nodded and got out of the car without another word. As he approached the door it opened with a young bashful woman holding it and looking at the ground "Sir Phury I assume. Welcome" he stepped across the threshold and finally took in her appearance. She wasn't dressed as a maid, her clothes were to revealing for that "What is your purpose Ms?" She blushed and smiled as she closed the door "Why, to tend to you Sir. Whatever it is you may need during your stay." She actually seemed proud of what she said "My name is Rachelle. It is a pleasure to meet you" She bowed her head at him "Then mayhaps you could show me which room I'll be staying in?" She went from Stark still to champagne bubbly in no time as she nodded and made her way to the stairs. He followed and appreciated the time she took to remain bland and unarousing with the way she moved. She opened a door halfway down the east wing and stepped in holding it "Is there anything I can get you?" He shook his head and smiled at her "I imagine you won't be far if I do need something?" She nodded insistently "Indeed Sir. I will be right across the hall. She took that hint and shut the door behind her as she left. He set his duffel down and began pulling his equipment out. He would wait for Rhage before turning in for the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Shattered Web Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Web   The Shattered Web Empty

Back to top Go down

The Shattered Web
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: Chicago: A Dance with Death and all of His Friends :: The Serpent's Dance-
Jump to: