The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Father's Remorse

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 12:53 am

His phone dinged and he was tempted to throw it against the wall for snapping him awake like it did. Assessing his situation he found Kai tucked into him facing away, so they were melded together. He snatched the phone and looked at the message from Steele. He wasn't as grumpy now that he knew who it was from. He looked at the clock that read 5:26pm and sighed. She'd be waking soon. He unbound himself from her and sat up rubbing the sleep from his eyes and cracking his neck. With a stretch he stood, before grabbing a pair of sweats and lazily slipping them over his legs. He went to the bathroom and called out "One sec!" When there was a knock on the door.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 1:09 am

Early.

Not painfully so, but early enough to be significant was when the Daughter of the King returned to the land of the wakeful dead. Remaining perfectly still, her mind was bombarded by the memories of everything that had happened. Subtly reaching out her fingertips to touch you to confirm that it was not all some very vivid dream, she frowned softly at the emptiness of the bed beside her.

Rising gracefully, artfully from the bed in the way that only a body trained in both the dealing of death and dance could do, she padded over to scoop up one of your t-shirts from over a nearby chair. Covering enough to just barely be decent, she was leaning against the wall across from the bed when you came out of the bathroom.

"You have guests. I should go."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 3:10 am

"I'd prefer if you stayed. You shouldn't feel you have to hide or run from here. I want you here. Especially when your gonna look like that" he walked up to her and put his hands on her hips while leaning into her "And ill remember to not move until your awake next time." He kissed her forehead and smiled at her "Besides, its just Steele. And if I'm judging his text correctly he's got Whynter with him" and stepped back, begrudgingly, and headed for the front door.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 3:56 am

"I'm not one of your people, Lightning. Regardless of what's transpired between you and I, I'm still a Vampire. I can't give you children. They're going to be wanting you to bang someone who can and you know that."

The comment about how she looked earned you a combined head shake and eyeroll. Yet she didn't vocalize a response on it, but instead followed you and by the time you reached the door, she was resting against your back, her arms wrapped loosely around your waist.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 5:40 am

"We're in Chicago. Its the same as when mortals date someone who's a different color. I don't care of you can give me kids. I never expected to have any anyway, and I'm blessed to have the one I do, even tho she may not like me right now" he stopped and sighed contentedly and just stood for a moment. His hand fell on the handle and he opened the door without another word. And he understood what Steele had meant. The pure Sex hit his nose and he had been tempted to slam the door shut and drag Kai back into his room. He smiled and looked at Steele and Whynter who were practically glued to each other "Dearest totems, yall smell like you've been to an amazing rave!" Which got a abashed head shake and chuckle from Steele.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 6:28 am

"Not everyone is going to view it that way, Lightning. You already have enough complications in your life. I don't want to be another one. Maybe I just want things to be simple. For you. For us. I know you weren't asking me for children, but I wanted... It doesn't matter. You're likely right anyways. I'm probably over thinking things, though that's kind of my habit. Kind of what's kept me alive this long. But we'll talk more later. Or shag like rabid weasels some more."

It was an attempt at a quiet laugh as you opened the door. You could tell that the scent hit her nose as well from the way her nails briefly dug into your flesh from where her arms were wrapped around you. Not anger tension but the sort that came from her fighting from dragging you back to bed as well. If you even made it as far as the bed.

Whynter rolled her eyes at her Father's words before quirking one frost white brow at the two of them.

"We're fucking, Steele and I are. I love him and if I stoll possessed the ability I'd be giving him a child. Though with the way you two reak ? It's about time you stopped being idiots and did the dirty."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 6:42 am

Steele actually looked at Whynter shocked as Lightning glanced over his shoulder at Kai, who was in fact sporting sex bed head, and nothing but one of his t-shirts and he smiled. Looking back at his daughter smiling wider "Its about damn time. Yall were starting to worry me. Been waiting for you to turn him into an honest Garou. What time is it? After 4? Who wants a drink!?!" He clapped his hands together and spun in her arms so he could lift her up onto his chest as he moved to the kitchen to grab glasses. Steele smiled and shook his head as he stepped into the cabin "Such a brat huh? No interest in being a good girl?" He kissed her on the cheek as he sat down at the kitchen table pulling her into his lap, the unspoken request/command very present between the two of them.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 7:27 am

Whynter merely blinked innocently at your look Steele, her lips parting to presumably say something in response when Lightning busted out with what might as well be his blessing in so many words. Kai merely echoed the eyeroll, but at both of them, an exasperated sound leaving her lips when she was simply picked up as if her legs were broken. It did however give her a chance to slip her hands into his pants and stroke along his length as he went about finding said glasses.

"A brat huh ? He was going to smell it anyways. A brat would be doing this, Daddy ?"

Oh how she purred that single word into your ear before leaning into you and sinking her fangs into your throat. Just enough to hit you with the kiss, she pulled back just as quickly and licked the marks shut. All too agreeable then to following you inside, she even shifted pleasantly in your lap before leaning back against your chest.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 9:44 am

Lightning chomped teasingly at Kai with a grin and fetched the rum off the top of the fridge before returning to the table and setting the glasses, and alcohol before mirroring Steele and Whynter "So Rhev wants to see you. Didn't say about what, im going to see him a bit later on" Steele nodded at him grinning sheepishly. Lightning noticed and sighed pouring the rum "Not gonna be weird right?" He glanced up looking directly at Whynter.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 11:02 am

"Fuck her till she can't walk straight much less think straight. Don't fuck her over. I like her."

Turning to look at Kai,

"You hurt him ? I don't care how old, who your sire is, or what clan you're a part of. I will hunt you. And I will kill you."

Leaning back against Steele's chest, she snagged his arms and wrapped them both around her waist.

"He doesn't know it yet, but he's marrying me. Since I do believe he's your best friend, I should probably ask your blessing... Father."

Letting the words all sink in,

"Who is Eve and who is she to King Finger Waggler that I saw the four of you die to protect her ?"
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 11:14 pm

Her words got a chuckle from both Steele and Lightning. Steele because she made him bashful, Lightning smiled and said "Glad we are of one mind on that. And they say having kids is difficult. And aren't you two supposed to be friends and all? Shouldn't threaten friends that way" he glanced over at Kai fighting the urge to growl at his daughter for her.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 11:57 pm

Kai's brows raised far enough that it looked like they might be wings about to take flight. Finally snorting out a half laugh,

"I ever lose my mind and do that, challenge accepted, pup. I'll try not to beat you too badly. I'd do that soon though, the making your furrball an honest man or we'll beat you to it."

Whynter merely rolled her eyes before rocking forward on your lap to get a bit closer to the other woman. Steele you'd be able to feel her hackles rising, whether playfully or other, you weren't even certain. When she spoke it was in that bedroom voice you'd now had opportunity to hear her use.

"Does that mean I'll be calling you Mommy then ?"

Posing the question, she resettled back against your chest. Folding her hands over your abdomen you'd watch Kai's actually startled blink before she shook her head as if to clear it. Very distinctly changing the topic,

"I don't know anything about an Eve other than that of the Christian Bible. I definately don't know why we'd die protecting her. How'd you come to know of this woman ?"
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 12:22 am

Lightning to was confused. He'd never heard of any Eve, and a female with connections to The Druid?! That wouldn't happen. He was to much of a recluse, a loner. He to was curious as to how she came into this knowledge. And he wasn't the only one confused, Steele was also looking at her curiously but he couldn't hold back the comment "Just all about kinks today aren't you?!"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 12:30 am

She pushed up off his lap and everyone within the room would feel both of her beasts pacing far to close to the surface, testing the boundaries of their cages. Rubbing at her temples she simply picked up the bottle of Rum and took several long pulls off of it before setting it back down.

"I don't know, okay ? The sass and the challenge is me. So are the kinks as you call them but normally not this blatantly. It's been since I woke up from the dream. It's how it usually is for a while after them but it's been a while since I've had sex, okay ? I didn't know it was going to be a problem."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 1:04 am

Steele knew instantly and grabbed another chair out and coaxed her down into it "Its not a problem. Tell us about this dream" the hairs on the back of his neck stood up as he felt the presence and heard Wolfes voice "Yes, please tell us all how Eve brings about you and yours demise" Wolfe appeared sitting at the end of the table between Steele and Lightning, both of whom at first looked ready to jump, and relaxed, slowly.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 1:43 am

It was more of an attempted coaxing, as she side stepped him and paced the room much like her beasts were pacing through her very being.

"I don't remember alot of it... Just death. There was so much death. Human but not human. You died first."

Shooting a side-long glance at Kai.

"You died trying to get to Lightning who had dropped. We were trying to get her out of somewhere but our magic wasn't working. It was cold. Dark. I've never been scared of the dark till now. Steele, you got her to Wolfe who was holding the door. Trying to keep it clear. Something meant for her hit him. He died in her arms. When that happened, she went.. I don't know how to explain it. Something in her snapped ? Broke ? I don't know."

It would be noticed that she mentioned all of them had died, yet she'd left out hers and Steele's details.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 2:02 am

Lightning looked between Kai and Steele. Steele was concerned, not so much for what she was saying, but because of her state of mind. Lightning then looked over at Wolfe who seemed perturbed "She said you to there bud. Didn't think you could die what with being a God and all that" Wolfe nervously chuckled back at him but didn't say anything "When. You said your magics didn't work." He tired of the use of words and simple reached out with the magics of his Mind and tapped into her mental scape 'Show me. Please. This woman you speak of is important to me. You would ask the same of me if I said something similar of your lover boy here' his voice was an unintrusive whisper in her mind.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 2:31 am

"NONE of ANY of OUR magicks worked. That's simple, Wolfe. Please don't ask to go in there right now."

Frustration instantly bled to fear, actual and true terror of you being up there currently. Yet she wasn't foolish enough to believe that would stop you.

As you simply broke in, you would see who killed Steele. It was a boy. Sixteen if he was a day. Frosted white eyes a spitting image of his Mother's. Snow white, bone white hair. It was unquestionably her child that ALL of you had thought was dead.

But true to her word, none of any of your magicks worked, and from the dreamscape memory, there was no obvious or direct reason as to why. But the girl she called Eve was definately the one you had saved when she was falling from the sky.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 2:41 am

His invasion was less than. He made no entrance, buy simply observed, and his heart sank as the events unfolded. It was not but a premonition, but she had never met Eve. None of them had. He had only known Eve a handful of days and hours. And this gave him cause for concern. As quickly as he had peered into her mind he retreated, but not before attempting to soothe her 'Wyhnter, this is a good reaction, however you need to allow yourself to ease. The future is in a state of constant change. Now that we are aware of the situation we can take steps to circumvent it.' Steele was scrutinizing Wolfe as he stared at Wyhnter before finally punching him in the shoulder, breaking the mental link "She said to stay out of her head. So get the fuck out of her head" he didn't sound nice.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 3:18 am

She nearly stumbled in her haste to get away the moment that link was broken. But with what little even you knew of her past ? It made a sad sort of sense that her reaction would be so severe. Shaking her head rapidly, the words tumbled from her lips almost as if they were beyond her control.

"He's alive. He survived them cutting him out of me too soon. He's working with them. Willingly."

It was a wrenching sob that ripped from her to echoe through the room. Though she managed to remain on her feet, she seemed to just deflate. To crumple in on herself. It lasted for but a moment beforecshe spoke out from behind the wall of her hair.

"I saw her mind. That... That you did not get from me. Is that important to you too ?"
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 3:40 am

"No. I'm good. I'd rather not get punched again" Wolfe rubbed his shoulder where Steele had made contact "But I didn't see the same thing you did. Tell me did you not see his tears, his fear?" The got him a look from both Lightning and Steele "It didn't seem to me that he was willingly there. And now we know he's alive." He looked around at the room "Oh come on, please don't tell me that you're not thinking about it to!?"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 11:13 am

"I wouldn't let you back in there if my life depended on it right now. No offense, Captain Wiggle Fingers. But no, no I didn't see that. I saw a boy grown to man who knew exactly what he was doing. I'm not blind nor in need of cossetting of empty hopes. Since most of us aren't mind readers, why don't you inform us what they're supposed to be thinking about ? While you ponder that, I did feel her. Her mind. Her emotions."

The Her in mention was obvious as was the touch of confusion as to the how. Some things though, the young woman before you knew better than to question the how of. Though the why ? She was all about that.

"She knows you, Wolfe. Maybe not as well now. But she's known you before, since then and since now. She was made for you. Seeing you die..... It causes something bad... Let me rephrase that. Fucking horribly BAD. I'm sorry to have to drop that bomb in front of others, but... I don't know what but something is telling me that piece of information was equally important to the rest. And no, I don't know why -I- was the one to recieve the sending."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 12:09 pm

"No it doesn't make sense to me either. I'll have to talk to her about it" Wolfe said it non chalantly "She may or may not be a time traveler. Who may or may not have wound up in our time. In our city." That was a bit more chalant "And I may or may not have been the one who discovered her when she appeared"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 2:23 pm

"You should. Talk to her that is. Maybe I saw it so that it could be prevented. I'm kind of tied one way or another to everyone that I saw die while under it's sway so maybe that's why I saw it. I don't know. I'm sorry that I was snarly at you. I don't like being weak, nor emotional and there was a lot of both over the last forty-eight hours. But if you need help, we're here, you know that."

She said that last piece before walking over to you Steele and pushing you back down into the chair you had been sitting in. Curling back up on your lap, she shot a look at the group as a whole.

"I don't know date wise when it's supposed to happen. I didn't see any clocks or newspapers. Time wise, it's night. The city is dark save for the burn of the fires ravaging it."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse EmptyThu Dec 16, 2021 2:35 pm

Wolfe nodded and stood "Don't mind me just gonna.." He was gone before the words left the air. Lightning stared at where he had been and just sighed "Leave it to the mages to wait to tell us shit" Steele wrapped her in his arms and kissed the top of her forehead "Was this today?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Father's Remorse Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse Empty

Back to top Go down

A Father's Remorse
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: Chicago: A Dance with Death and all of His Friends :: The True Reward-
Jump to: