The Silver Paths
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silver Paths

Carpe Noctem

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Father's Remorse

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

A Father's Remorse - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 5:51 am

"That's the thing Kai. You didn't hit any of my buttons. I don't get what happened, but I think I may believe that I have a Nordic Deity riding me somehow. For what reason I don't know" he paced back and forth breathing deeply. The smell of coal, soot, and metal eased him. "And what reasons are those?" His voice was almost teasing.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 5:59 am

Her eyes narrowed at the almost teasing intonation of his voice as she shifted enough to make certain she kept him in line of sight at all times.

"I was there if you recall when things were at least vaguely explained to you. As for the reasons they are entirely my own and I need not share them. I'll be nice and give you one. For whatever reason, your backseat buddy decided I was tasty to use as a chew toy and spit back out. I'd really rather not have him slip the reins and decide I'm on the menu again."

Her focus may have moved closer to you, yes, but it was still centered on the area over one of your shoulders. Even if she hadn't admitted to it, it would have been all too easy to tell that there were other reasons.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 6:06 am

He finally stopped and planted his rump, right on the floor "I'm scared Kai. I can hear him now. Feel him." He grabbed his chest "Almost like he was caged....but the cage is rusted and worn" one could tell that he was on the verge of a mental breakdown. The memories came flooding back. The blood. The carnage. His mother, sister. They had been mortal, unable to withstand the abuse he had put Kai through, and yet they survived to experience, only to die suffering afterward. His father had fought, but was ripped limb from limb, those limbs being used in depraved ways. The tears began to flow unbiased of present company.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 6:34 am

It was a quiet sigh that left her lips. She'd never been good with tears. Ever. Malachi knew better how to deal with them though Steelecwould probably get the wrong impression which right now of all times seemed like a really bad idea. So did the only way she was versed in making upset go away that didn't involve killing people. Hers at least was the lesser of two evils. Hopefully. Hopeing as well that she was speaking truth, she moved from her seat down to straddle his lap. Delving a hand into pants, she played a finger along his cock. Lips pressed to his ear,

"But you didn't let him kill me. You're stronger now too. You can dwell on that passed or you can focus on this future and how to get strong enough to control him."

With that, she moved her lips to his throat before unexpectedly sinking her fangs in deep. Letting the pleasure of the kiss roll over him,

"I'm trying to help take away your pain in the only way I know how.-You- didn't get to fuck me earlier. Do you still want to put your cock in me ?"

Using telepathy to communicate the words, she kept her fangs in him continuing the pleasure of the kiss.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 7:54 am

Her Fangs are what kept him together, even though he was ready to fall apart. The mental link, was a poor choice as the strange beast roared to the surface again the events of the past evening ripping through her like it was happening all over again. Steeles voice echoed through both of their minds 'NO!' And she was thrust out of his mind abruptly.

Lightning stepped through the door and tried to understand what he was seeing. He first noticed Kai, and her naked form healing, but still broken. And then there's Steele, on the verge of coming apart at the seems. "Hey Pup....I think we found who he was looking for"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 9:39 am

Well to give credit where credit was due, she didn't lose her ever loving shit this time at being forced back through the memories as some sort of deja vu. The moment she realized what was happening, she simply wrapped her arms more tightly around him and buckled down. Or at least did until she was so firmly kicked the fuck out of his mind. That was rude. Or simply unexpected. Giving her head a vicious shake to clear it, whatever she might have said was interrupted. Instead she licked Steele's blood off of her lips before turning to look back over her shoulder at the two.

"Hey lover. Whynter you want to come try and help your wolf out ? Just do NOT enter his mind."

Looking back at Steele, there was an odd gentility to how she cupped his face. Leaning her forehead to his,

"We'll get through this. All of us. Don't forget though. YOU owe me a proper fucking."

Pushing gently to her feet, she nudged Whynter to take her place before forcing herself to walk steadily over to Lightning. Grabbing his hand and tugging him out of the forge with her, she waited until they could speak privately, albeit quietly.

"It's not as bad as it looks. My situation that is. Steele though... It's bad. Grandfather showed up. He, Steele that is...He's somehow in possession of, possessed by the ender of worlds. The Wolf that devours."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 12:25 am

"Fenrir" was the name that Lightnint uttered. The mere mention of it brought a hush over the Umbras Landscape "That's not the greatest news. Would explain what I saw back at the cabin, and why he's in such a stare. What exactly did Grandfather say?"

The shift of contact wasn't lost on him, and it wasn't that he didn't appreciate Kai, but once the contact was made with Whynter he practically became unglued, burying his face into her chest, muttering something about getting him to shut up.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 3:35 am

While she wasn't all flowers and gushy in her explanation, she also didn't spare the extra words where they were needed. Explaining all that she had seen and heard, she finally was finished. Leaning her forehead against his shoulder, she sighed softly.

She didn't say anything for long moments as she simply held him. One arm coiled securely around him, the other moved fingers slowly through his hair. It was fairly obvious who the he in question was, so her response was simple.

"You could always let me do it. Shut him up that is."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 5:21 am

Lightning listened intently, and wrapped his arm around her while she spoke. He nodded when she was finished and chuckled "Yeah leave it to us to generate some world ending shit right?" He laughed. But if that was true then there was something he'd have to do.

Steele shook his head and fell silent. His mind was a torrent. The two beasts wared his own attempting to keep the stranger at bay, keeping it from taking control. It's words roared through his mind 'ITS YOUR FAULT! ITS ALL YOUR FAULT! JUST GIVE IN AND ILL MAKE IT BETTER! YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY YOURSELF ANYMORE!' His tears continued to pool on the floor below them.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 6:44 am

"So what do we do ?"

The question was quiet and sounded tired. The tired that came with age and seeing things and having to deal with said things. You would have felt her slight smile at your attempted humor, but you could also feel her concern. The concern that again came with age and experience and realizing just how very fucked a situation could be.

"Hey now. I know it's bad right now but I'm sure it can't be all that bad. Besides, it's not like you have to face this alone. You've got me, and Kai, and Lightning. And Spears and the rest of the Garou. I'm sure the Vampires might even help if coerced right. Who knows ? We may even have allies that we don't know about yet. But I need you to talk to me, Steele. Let me in. Maybe there's an answer to all this that is super simple and we just haven't found it yet."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 4:24 am

"Well" Lightning did something rare, pulling that hard pack out and placing a death stick between his teeth, a flame sprite lovingly springing up to his hand to assist the lighting of it "If im seeing this right, we may or may not want to try and parlay with that brute we met and find out exactly his role in all of this" the sprite flitted off and he leaned against the Forge letting the smoke out slowly "Also means I'll need to convene with the Spirits. And for the time being" one could tell he was pained as he spoke his next "Steeles gonna have to be confined to his Forge. Its the only place on the Cairn that can withstand something like that"

Steele finally looked up at her, giving her his full gaze, but his eyes. They were wrong. The red was wrong. His voice was strained "He wants out. He wants you. Kai. Lightning. He wants everything. I'm so hungry. And I know it's him. I can't let him hurt any of you"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 7:18 am

"If he's after Steele, he's going to have a mountain of bodies to get through. Though if he's as powerful as he seems..."

Frowning to herself, she mused for several long moments then spoke.

"You're going to need more bodies, even if they're just Cannon fodder to slow him down. I can talk to some people and see what I can do to help in that department. Sadly I think you're right about his confinement though."

She did truely sound regretful as she leaned in and plucked the cigarette directly from your lips. Taking a long drag, she held it for a few beats before blowing it back out directly at you.

"Something had to have triggered him gaining the control. With the passage of time between us sleeping together and the events that happened ? I don't think it was me stealing your virtue. Who knows. Maybe you should try letting me talk to him. I've been told that I can be quite convincing when I make the attempt to be. Worst case scenario, you kick me out of your mind."

Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 9:32 am

He gingerly took his cigarette back and shook his head "I don't know I can ask that of anyone. That's almost like asking them to commit suicide. Mother fucker bitch slapped grandfather into next week" he pulled on that death stick filling his lungs up.

The whispers bombarded him 'LET ME LOOSE! LET ME HAVE HER! LET ME OUT! ITS YOUR FAULT! ITS ALL YOUR FAULT! IF YOU DONT SET ME FREE I WILL DESTROY US BOTH!' He couldn't think clearly. He was growing more frantic. He was slipping. He looked down once more and saw his hand. Claws that bled. Black fur. That was it. His body began moving and he wasn't in control. His feet carried him over to and out the door, passed Lightning and Kai who were lounging trying to ease some of the tension, and away into the landscape of the Umbra. He would only realize it once he had stopped moving, but he shouldn't have been able to move that quick. Fast enough that everyone and everything stood still as he made his way. He finally stopped at the edge of a body of water, the silver gleam coming from it was serene. He dropped to his knees and spoke to no one "Fine. You want out?" He gritted his teeth. He felt the shift coming. There was no stopping it "Just shut. The fuck. UP!" Hisblast word was followed by the explosion of flesh and bone. Fenrir roared shaking the Umbra to its core.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 6:45 pm

"You didn't ask. He's your best friend and your Daughter's Chosen."

A sly smile touched at her lips before she leaned in and nuzzled against your ear.

"As exceptional as the two of you look together, and as much as the copious amount of her scent on you says you likely thoroughly enjoyed fucking her, there are many I'd have to imagine that would be against such a pairing being official. Thus at least two quite strong reasons why you and he need the help. Rhev can always say no, or that he will pose the question to our people and see if they will help."

Sitting. That's what she did as he clearly was in a panic when he took off. Was it actually him though ? That was a question she felt like she should know the answer to. Instead she was helpless to do anything to support him. She couldn't even follow fast enough to try to track him. Scrubbing a fist across her eyes, she fought down the feelings of uselessness and inadequacy that were suddenly trying to crop up. There she went, focusing the situation on herself when he was clearly the one that needed help. She wasn't wanting to, she just didn't know what to do to help him, and when such things happened mentally ? Well her brain went stupid places. So there she sat, staring at the wall of ther forge as if it held all of the answers.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 12:08 am

Lightnings danger sense brought the hairs on the back of his neck to full attention. His eyes instantly scanned the tree line but found the threat almost immediately. The monstrous sized crinos lumbered towards them, black fur absorbing the light around him. Lightning straightened and quietly guided Kai inside the Forge "Get Whynter. We may have to make a quick exit." As he stepped forward the Crinos stopped. And glared at him. Snarling it hesitated, sizing Lightning up. This was not looking good. Mayhaps they did need that man's help. He didn't have time to contemplate it long as the Crinos sprang at him. The molten armor of his Totem Form erupted from him as he launched himself forward to meet his foe. The initial impact would bow the trees around them.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 2:04 am

Her own premonitions of incoming threat tailed on his, though she didn't stick around when the order was given. Pushing out a sudden burst of speed, she was back into the forge and grabbing Whynter by the arm almost before the younger woman had a chance to realize she was there. Not even bothering with verbal speech, she telepathically downloaded the situation.

"I'm not leaving him."

Those were the only words she offered to the vampire before dipping passed her and out the door. Watching the combat as best as she could, she waited for an opportunity between blows. Throwing herself in what small space there was between them, she refused to show fear. Refused to back down.

"Steele. I know you're in there. Come back to me. Please."

Her words were simple. Strong. Not an order, yet laced with suggestion. Looking up at the massive black furred wolf, her hope was to distract him enough to maybe give Steele some extra oomph to fight back to the surface.

"Do you actually HAVE to destroy everything ?"

Bad idea or not, her eyes were locked on his, her attention solely on him, the world around them forgotten. If he didn't stop her, a hand reached out slowly, to gently run through his furr.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 2:15 am

It would take her some waiting, and her opportunity would present itself right after Lightning slams the black wolf onto its back, stunning it. She would see Steeles eyes looking at her from that twisted wolf muzzle, to be quickly swallowed by the red again. Lightning took a step back. There's no way it was him.

The whispers quieted, but so had everything else. Steele wasn't along for the ride this time. He was drowning. And he couldn't see which way was up. Her voice though. Whynters. That he could hear. And he fought to get to her. The laughter surrounded him "GIVE IT UP, PUP! YOUVE ALREADY GIVEN FAR TO MUCH OF YOURSELF." He refused to listen and fought.

The Wolf thrashed, almost as if it were at war with itself. The sound of Thunder was cacophonous as the shackles of golden light slammed into its neck wrists and ankles, binding it to the ground. Lightning looked around and spotted Grandfather slowly approaching with a strong but wither woman.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 2:56 am

The moment the shackles were on, she crawled on top of the massive Crinos formed wolf. Curling up against it's chest much like she would have the chest of the man who the body actually belonged to, she continued to run her fingers through the furr. Rubbing her cheek gently against it as well,

"See ? I tried being nice. But you aren't the first world ender and you won't be the last. The phrase more flies with honey than with vinegar is something that could really work for you. But I want my mate back and I'm going to continue to annoy you until he comes back to me."

Clearly she had seen the shackles and she had even subconsciously picked up on the thunder. But that there were two figures walking towards them now ? That she was oblivious on.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 3:23 am

Lightning didn't shift, as he was still on edge, but nodded to Grandfather and Grandmother Storm "My child" her voice was like a cascade of rainfall "Take no blame. This was not your doing. Simply an innocent in this" they walked past him and towards the Crinos, who's thrashing had subsided. They both placed their hands on him and he roared, for a moment before the cracking of bone could be heard.

He fought with every ounce of who he was. The light seemed to be getting brighter and Fenrir seemed to be getting more agitated. He was winning. He knew he had when he finally took a gasping breathe. He felt her weight on his chest but he couldn't move. Panic wanted to set in, but the pair of palms on his shoulders and Whynter on his chest kept his breathing level and calm. His voice was ragged "Can I at least have something comfortable to lay on when you lock me up?"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 4:51 am

Before either of them could answer, it was the softest brush, an entirely chaste caress of Whynter's lips to yours. Once it was clear that it was you again, she let just enough of her guard drop that you could smell the faintest hint of fear off of her. You knew her well enough by now to even now read that the fear was for you, not of you. Even though you may still be shackled, she wrapped her arms around you as best as she could, awkward as it was.

"If you get locked up, they're locking me up with you. I'll be your bed, or your blanket. All the more reason to stay yourself, right ? I'm proud of you by the way. I knew you'd fight your way back to me."

As much as she may be one of the farthest things from a stereotypical emotional female, it was clear that she gave no fucks who saw what she was saying or doing right now.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 5:29 am

The two totems stepped away from whynter and Steele and approached Lightning whispering "This was the last silver of assistance we can deliver Child mine" came from Grandmother "We have no strength to fight this foe" Lightning finally shifted back down to homid, his head hanging "What can we do?" Grandfather's voice was soothing "Nothing more than you already have been. Perhaps your path is already decided, and you just haven't been given the chance to walk it" and with those words the two of them shimmered and disappeared. Lightning scrubbed his face before turning to look for Kai.

Steele coughed once before gasping out "Always. He's not that strong"
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 7:15 pm

You would see her, not far away. You would notice there was a new figure with her, their heads lowered in what could only be discussion though nary a sound was heard. You would recognize the figure as her friend Malachi from at the club. Gesturing swiftly, decisively with his hands, you would see the way there was tension to her shoulders. Her back to you, he was the one to see your gaze before waving you over.

One hand slid up the side of your face to tangle in your hair. The other moved to tangle with the fingers of one of your hands, shackled down or not. Nuzzling her lips against yours, you'd be able to tell almost automatically that her words were to try to add levity.

"We can write letters to the Fae about their Hammer, unless you truly wish to keep it. We can cuddle and paint our nails. While I don't think your into all that, the shackles could be kinky."
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 1:06 pm

It was sudden, the rain. It hit Lightning and Steele and shook them. Lightning went stark still questioning the water falling from the Umbras sky. It wasn't being caused by a spirit. Steele instantly relaxed. The angry voice in his head quieted, also shook to its core. He actually smiled as he felt Fenrirs grasp loosen. Lightning who had been moving towards Kai and Malachi, instead Stepped Sideways back into Mortalis and looked around. Seeing the center of the storm he began moving. He'd had enough of the surprises.

Steele watched Lightning depart, and finally realized the shackles had been removed. He wrapped his arms around Whynter and stood up. Knowing she wouldn't protest he makes his way back to the Forge "There's something I have to do, while I still have a chance" he would set her down on a chair and call out "Sal! I need to run while the doors open. I can't be locked in" the mewl that came back in response was one of understanding, and gave life to the flames of the Forge. The clanking of metal soon followed.
Back to top Go down
Nephalyss
Squire
Squire

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 2:20 pm

Kai'Avelle simply sighed, her eyes going skywards as she saw Lightning depart. It didn't take a genius to realize it had something to do with the storm. Her conversation with Malachi was intense and short lived, which for the male was a rarity. It was also a conversation that she was not going to come out on top with. While she understood his points and couldn't argue the validity of them, it was still one that she wished had never needed to happen. Her final response before he parted was capitulation.

"Keep the initial numbers small. Have them travel mundanely. I know how quickly they will still arrive. Should we desperately need all of them, we will bring them more swiftly then."

He simply smiled a knowing grin at her before offering up a mock bow and disappearing in a flourish of one of the damned trench coats that he never seemed to be in short supply of.

Of course arguing was far from her mind when she saw his actual smile show through much less when he fully stood of his own volition and simply scooped her with him. She stole the brief moment to curl in against his chest, a soft kiss being pressed to his jaw before he sat her down. Tucking her knees up to her chin, she wrapped her arms around her legs and simply watched quietly as he worked. She had seen focus from him before, but this was different. This was also a time for quiet. So she simply waited.
Back to top Go down
GrimmWolfe210
High Monarch
High Monarch

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 11:25 pm

It would take him a few hours to create whatever it was. He didn't speak. He simply toiled. The links of some sort of chain would begin to pile, before being twisted together into thicker, stronger links. Before ultimately they began to be connected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Father's Remorse   A Father's Remorse - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Father's Remorse
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Silver Paths :: Chicago: A Dance with Death and all of His Friends :: The True Reward-
Jump to: